Playstation 5

villarule123

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Ah I forgot that another good use case is 4K Blu-ray's. Sony consoles have always doubled as good media players.

When I worked at GAME in the early 00s it was the gamecube killer, it was amazing how many parents would come in and ask the staff what console to get little Billy for Christmas, I was on the PS2s and saw it as a failure if that parent didn't buy one, as soon as uttered the words "doubles down as a DVD player" it was done and the conversation moved on to what games did they want with it 

I sold a lot of PS2s, GAMEs general deal was £20 off the first game £10 off the 2nd and 3rd, any games you want, they flew off the shelves, then they went to head office decided bundles and everyone could see it was a load of bollocks with shit games that pained me to try and sell, then it went to Sony bundles and no one cared anymore there was no salesman skill to it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

When I worked at GAME in the early 00s it was the gamecube killer, it was amazing how many parents would come in and ask the staff what console to get little Billy for Christmas, I was on the PS2s and saw it as a failure if that parent didn't buy one, as soon as uttered the words "doubles down as a DVD player" it was done and the conversation moved on to what games did they want with it 

I sold a lot of PS2s, GAMEs general deal was £20 off the first game £10 off the 2nd and 3rd, any games you want, they flew off the shelves, then they went to head office decided bundles and everyone could see it was a load of bollocks with shit games that pained me to try and sell, then it went to Sony bundles and no one cared anymore there was no salesman skill to it 

Completely killed the Dreamcast first. It was the most underpowered of that generation of consoles but absolutely killed sales because it was half as expensive as standalone DVD players of the time.

I have some 4K blu rays of some of my favourite movies and why go out and buy a dedicated player when the PS5 does that and plays current gen games? Even if I do nothing other than subscribe to PS+ it'd be worth it.

On 16/01/2024 at 08:44, StefanAVFC said:

Playing PT: Requiem, really good

Just finished Plague Tale: Requiem.   What a fantastic game - 9/10.

One of the best stories I’ve played and great graphics as well.  

The gameplay is mainly stealth which I normally hate, but it just works on here.
I think because even though it starts stealth heavy, you quickly get slings (like arrows), tar pots (grenades), crossbow (like a shotgun)… so you don’t have to stay playing stealth all the time after the first few chapters. 

• 2 weeks later...

Strong rumours of a State of Play taking place 31st Jan, which is also the anniversary of the release of Final Fantasy 7

• Like 1

Silent Hill 2, Death Stranding 2, FF7R2, Until Dawn remaster, Concord, and Metro 2033 VR are what the usually reliable leakers are saying. 

A new Action Espionage game/movie from Kojima huh? Pretty cool. 

Was hoping for the Rebirth demo today, guess I'll have to wait a week for the special state of play... 

SoP was OK, same as usual lots of interesting looking stuff that's not for me really

Didn't realise stellar blade was going to get such a push, I'll play the Ronin game, not sure I'm brave enough for SH 😂

Kind of disappointing that they didn't have more big announcements down the line (wolverine??) but at the same time I'm surprised at how much is coming in the next 3/4 months so maybe their focus was actually right 

1 minute ago, hogso said:

A new Action Espionage game/movie from Kojima huh? Pretty cool. 

Was hoping for the Rebirth demo today, guess I'll have to wait a week for the special state of play... 

What did you make of SB? Couldn't work out if it was a bit like nier, for as much as they showed it was still hard to pin down exactly what it was 

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

What did you make of SB? Couldn't work out if it was a bit like nier, for as much as they showed it was still hard to pin down exactly what it was 

I thought it looked at lot like Nier Automata for, uh, a number of reasons... 

You're right though, there really does seem to be a lot on the way - with LAD 8, Granblue, LoU 2 Remaster, Tekken 8, Persona 3R already reviewing well this year. 

State of Play was decent but there wasn't anything that really shouted 'must play' to me.

Helldivers 2 - never ever going to play

Stellar Blade - absolutely not interested

Sonic Generations remake - couldn't care less

ZZZ - appropriately named

Foamstars - don't care

Dave the Driver - might play eventually but not blowing my socks off.

V Rising - never going to play

Silent Hill: Short Message - looks terrible

Silent Hill 2 remake - terrible showing but might play

Judas - I don't want to play Bioshock again

Don't have PSVR2 so those titles are a dud.

Dragons Dogma 2 - don't love the first game so the second is a maybe on sale kinda thing.

Rise of the Ronin - maybe. I like Nioh.

Until Dawn remake - it looks identical to the one you can play right now.

Death Stranding 2 - I love Kojima and I actually quite like the first game, but that trailer was like Kojima taking the piss, like he was trying to see how far he could push things before people bailed. I hated so much of every they showed it's soured my interest in playing any of it. Also made me realise more than ever that Kojima trades so much on how cool Shinkawa's work is.

Kojima doing notMetalGearSolid - potentially good depending on how much he decides to take the piss.

So yeah... Decent showing, but for me personally it was a bit... Empty.

• 2 weeks later...

Another month wondering why I have the subscription... 

Outer worlds is a good game I suppose and the lego ones aren't bad I just don't think I'll play them, not sure if @hogso plays the tales games?

AC obviously the big one, I didn't think it was very good, got about 75% in which was probably about 75 hours... It's way too big for it's own good

• Like 1

I do play the Tales games, they're decent JRPGs, but have always been a rung or two below the likes of FF, DQ, and Persona. 

Arise is a good recommendation though as they made a lot of positive changes to the format. The games are very 'anime' though, and if that's not your bag, they probably aren't worth trying. 

On 14/02/2024 at 21:57, villa4europe said:

Another month wondering why I have the subscription... 

Outer worlds is a good game I suppose and the lego ones aren't bad I just don't think I'll play them, not sure if @hogso plays the tales games?

AC obviously the big one, I didn't think it was very good, got about 75% in which was probably about 75 hours... It's way too big for it's own good

I’m excited for Valhalla but I’ve heard lots of negative about the size of the game.

Can I just streamline by only doing main quests and ignoring side content? Is the main story at good?

Â