Playstation 5

villarule123

On 01/11/2023 at 20:18, villa4europe said:

Psn games for November are mafia 2, aliens fireteam and a dragon ball z game

Shite

I'm sure they've done the mafia trilogy before so just number 2 now is crap, well worth the price increase

Dunno, I've had my eye on Aliens Fireteam for a while now, so I'm pretty happy with that.

• Like 1

On 01/11/2023 at 19:18, villa4europe said:

Psn games for November are mafia 2, aliens fireteam and a dragon ball z game

Shite

I'm sure they've done the mafia trilogy before so just number 2 now is crap, well worth the price increase

I take what I said earlier back. I was confusing Aliens Fireteam, which I'm not bothered about, with Aliens Dark Descent, which I am.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Teardown
  • Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme vs. Maxi Boost On
  • Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition
  • Superliminal
  • Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising
  • Nobunaga’s Ambition: Taishi
  • Alternate Jake Hunter: Daedalus The Awakening of Golden Jazz 
  • River City Melee Mach!!

Psn November games

Sony obviously didn't get the message that you're supposed to follow price increases with a good month increasing value... 

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:
  • Teardown
  • Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme vs. Maxi Boost On
  • Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition
  • Superliminal
  • Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising
  • Nobunaga’s Ambition: Taishi
  • Alternate Jake Hunter: Daedalus The Awakening of Golden Jazz 
  • River City Melee Mach!!

Psn November games

Sony obviously didn't get the message that you're supposed to follow price increases with a good month increasing value... 

I will be honest, I don't think I've heard of a single one of those games. 

Edit maybe Dead Island, as it's a definitive edition, rather than a spin off I've never heard tell of. 

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1

Waiting for the portal to arrive (thanks amazon and their magic "we missed you" driver who missed my wife being at home all day...) I'll see if my overall playing picks up + what they do in December for Xmas and then drop down a tier 

They still need to add last of us 2, can only think that it either still sells or the ps5 edition is in the works, might be wrong here but it's the only ps4/5 1st party exclusive to have not been on there 

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

I really don't see the point in having anything other than ps essential at the moment.  Month after month the games are just meh.

Point taken, and I sort of agree, but in fairness, I wouldn't have got Disco Elysium without PS plus, and that's turned out to be one of the best games I've played in years.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Point taken, and I sort of agree, but in fairness, I wouldn't have got Disco Elysium without PS plus, and that's turned out to be one of the best games I've played in years.

You enjoyed it?! Glad to hear

Agree, it's the best game I've played this generation so what's that 3/4 years now it's an incredible game 

• Like 1

Gundam Extreme is a crazy online arcade game. Will be one of the first games I get when I get a PS5.

Speaking of which, I'm still debating whether to get a slim model. The detachable drive needing to be registered is a huge red flag and given I'm someone who collects physically and keeps consoles for decades sometimes, it doesn't bode well for preservation.

Also performance is a bit up in the air right now. By all accounts it's pretty much the exact internals as the original just in a smaller form factor. I'll wait a bit to see how things develop, but it's getting towards black Friday and boxing day so I'll need to make a decision soon.

Thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these soon.  Chiefly (and I realise this is a bonkers reason) as I have it as this weird aspirational life goal to at some point, own both current consoles.  Just the standard disc-drive version for me, unless there's some sub-£400 bundle with a worthwhile game kicking about (and I've not seen one, unless the latest Final Fantasy is particularly worth a go).

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

You enjoyed it?! Glad to hear

Agree, it's the best game I've played this generation so what's that 3/4 years now it's an incredible game 

Yeah, it's amazing. It has to have been written by a psychologist, or something, it's one of the most realistic and yet horrifying representations of the human mind, and post drinking session guilt I've ever seen, add to that the politics, puzzles, the character arc that you entirely get to sculpt, the artwork, voice acting (final cut) and incredible script, and the ambition is absolutely staggering. I'm currently trying to find redemption with a fresh start as a competent cop after initially being penitent and wretched, and having just confirmed a horrible truth that I'd been suspecting for some time (no spoilers), but it is just as easy to play through as a complete b***ard, flipping the bird and going absolutely bonkers. 

11 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these soon.  Chiefly (and I realise this is a bonkers reason) as I have it as this weird aspirational life goal to at some point, own both current consoles.  Just the standard disc-drive version for me, unless there's some sub-£400 bundle with a worthwhile game kicking about (and I've not seen one, unless the latest Final Fantasy is particularly worth a go).

spiderman 2 bundle is £400, not sure if its digital or hard copy but if you dont want spiderman (you should) you should get around £30-40 trade in at CEX

• Thanks 1

Still a no-go sadly, I suspect they're out of stock in central warehouses and only have in-store stuff.  No biggy, I've got a mountain of stuff to trade in at CEX that'll I'll likely use to cherry pick the games I'm after.

Deed is done, found a deal at the Smyth's round the corner from me, £380 for the console plus a copy of Lego Star Wars, will be picking it up later.

So, apart from the obvious ones (GOW Ragnarok, Spiderman 2), what are the other console exclusives I need to be looking at (excluding Elden Ring and Baldur's Gate 3, the latter I'm holding out for the physical release and the former, well, as a card-carrying filthy casual I do not get on well with Soulsborne games)?

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Deed is done, found a deal at the Smyth's round the corner from me, £380 for the console plus a copy of Lego Star Wars, will be picking it up later.

So, apart from the obvious ones (GOW Ragnarok, Spiderman 2), what are the other console exclusives I need to be looking at (excluding Elden Ring and Baldur's Gate 3, the latter I'm holding out for the physical release and the former, well, as a card-carrying filthy casual I do not get on well with Soulsborne games)?

For me, in terms of Playstation exclusives, Uncharted Legacy of Thieves PS5 edition is an absolute must. A no brainer.

• Thanks 1

Ooh, and one last piece of advice from the PS5 owners; do I need to start looking for better sticks for the controller now or are they actually decent this time round?  The cheap rubbery sticks on my PS4 controllers came apart within a matter of months and I wound up having to replace them both with third party ones.

Edited by GarethRDR

Â