Playstation 5

villarule123

On 31/07/2023 at 21:16, ferguson1 said:

My son really wants a PS5 for Christmas and we’re going to bite the bullet and get him one this year I think. He’ll be almost 12 and he states a fair few of his friends have one.

Now some help here please as I know very little about PS5 prices/deals etc. They seem to have dropped in price over the last couple of weeks and I’m wondering do we get a bundle/offer now or wait until nearer to Christmas and hope for better?  

Did you get it while the price drop was around?

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Did you get it while the price drop was around?

Hi there, no we didn’t 😩. We were on holiday and doing a lot of online looking, but basically couldn’t afford it.  Our son still wants it for Christmas, so probably be a case of looking to buy in September or October! I assume they’ve gone back up and we’ve missed out? 

55 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Hi there, no we didn’t 😩. We were on holiday and doing a lot of online looking, but basically couldn’t afford it.  Our son still wants it for Christmas, so probably be a case of looking to buy in September or October! I assume they’ve gone back up and we’ve missed out? 

It’s not gone back to full price yet, but around £30 more expensive than the cheapest they went down to. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It’s not gone back to full price yet, but around £30 more expensive than the cheapest they went down to. 

Cheers mate 👍. Just waiting for the August pay packet end of the week and we’ll start looking and probably purchasing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe they've put the PS+ subscription up so much.  The Extra tier which I think most people go for is now £100 for the year.  I know that's less than £10 a month but the recent monthly games offerings have been pretty dire.  Not sure what to go for when my sub ends in November.

Completely missed there being a state of play Thursday night

Spiderman looks great, not sure if I do another play through of the first 2 and pick the new one up if the price drops over Xmas

FF looks awesome

Sony did their usual thing of going weirdly queit on the launch of that dinosaur high school rock game, give it a push during state of plays then disappear when it launches so I watch some of these other games knowing I'll forget about them, whatever happened to that cool looking cycling through the countryside game?

Missed this too, psn games for September

• NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… (PS4)
  • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (PS4)
  • Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (PS4)
  • Star Ocean The Divine Force (PS4, PS5)
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 (PS4, PS5)
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (PS4)
  • Unpacking (PS4, PS5)
  • Planet Coaster: Console Edition (PS4, PS5)
  • This War of Mine: Final Cut (PS5)
  • Cloudpunk (PS4, PS5)
  • Contra: Rogue Corps (PS4)
  • Tails Noir (PS4, PS5)
  • Call of the Sea (PS4, PS5)
  • West of Dead (PS4)
  • Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (PS4)
  • PAW Patrol The Movie: Adventure City Calls (PS4, PS5)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally biting the bullet today and getting a PS5 bundle for my son’s Christmas present.

He really wants FC24, so may as well get the one included already I reckon? Is that best?

Going with a Smyths toys one. Anyone think of a better one than below? 

PS5 EA Sports FC 24 Bundle & FREE LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga

£409.99

40 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Finally biting the bullet today and getting a PS5 bundle for my son’s Christmas present.

He really wants FC24, so may as well get the one included already I reckon? Is that best?

Going with a Smyths toys one. Anyone think of a better one than below? 

PS5 EA Sports FC 24 Bundle & FREE LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga

£409.99

Don't think you'll find one much cheaper tbf.  Hope he enjoys it!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Cheers mate, much appreciated. I’m really out my depth when looking at buying any gaming stuff 👍

No worries. Have you had a look at PlayStation plus yet? He'll need it if he's going to play online, and there's free games each month. Downside is that the price has just gone up!

48 minutes ago, dubbs said:

No worries. Have you had a look at PlayStation plus yet? He'll need it if he's going to play online, and there's free games each month. Downside is that the price has just gone up!

No I haven’t? Do we need to buy off PlayStation before Christmas?   What cost we looking at? 

Edited by ferguson1

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

No I haven’t? Do we need to buy off PlayStation before Christmas?   What cost we looking at? 

You can have a look online and buy from other places rather than from the playstation store.  It'll be cheaper! I think the first tier, called essential is £60 for 12 months, but as a say you'll find it slightly cheaper elsewhere.  You can buy it anytime.

• Thanks 1

How old is he?

I'd be tempted to open it all up before Xmas and set it up for him, if it's a bundle then fifa might be a digital download which will take a few hours, he'll spend Xmas morning punching in account details and downloading stuff - before playing the excellent astro bot

You could also take the skywalker saga to cex and trade it for something else if you wanted but I think it's a decent game

• Thanks 1

Â