Playstation 5

villarule123

Portal has come

Instantly impressed with the box 😂 it's a weird piece of kit, looks and feels strange but at the same time it's light, I'm sure it's lighter than my switch, whilst at the same time it feels so much bigger because of the different dimensions, the screen is also sleeker than the switch, because of the way the back of it is angled in to the controller the screen is actually quite thin

Im now terrified of my Internet connection not being man enough and it not working

Yeah it's a cracking piece of kit, with the vibration and the button mashing it's not quite the thing to do while the wife is trying to go to sleep... But as something while the kids watch TV it's got potential to be a proper game changer for me

"I can buy the headphones if you think that'll make it better"

"how much are they?"

😶

5 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Ooh, and one last piece of advice from the PS5 owners; do I need to start looking for better sticks for the controller now or are they actually decent this time round?  The cheap rubbery sticks on my PS4 controllers came apart within a matter of months and I wound up having to replace them both with third party ones.

My original controller from a day one purchase needs new rubber on the stick so I'd recommend picking up thumb covers if you can 👍

• Thanks 1

On 17/11/2023 at 16:33, GarethRDR said:

Ooh, and one last piece of advice from the PS5 owners; do I need to start looking for better sticks for the controller now or are they actually decent this time round?  The cheap rubbery sticks on my PS4 controllers came apart within a matter of months and I wound up having to replace them both with third party ones.

Yeah, dualsense is different gravy. It's a great bit of kit.

• Like 1

3 month free trial of apple TV on mine 

Edit - but that is the first negative I've found on the portal, can't use it for media 

Got a switch and a portal but can still only watch TV in bed on my phone, annoying 

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

Well, I've had about an hour with Astro's Playroom... and you're telling me that's just the free tech demo?  Wowzers.  And that first moment when you're pulling the claw machine handle and the left trigger just hard locks before juddering into motion, yeah that felt really cool.

Awesome isn't it. I don't think any other game uses the haptics quite as well, but it still adds so much.

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

December psn games are lego 2k drive, power wash simulator and sable

Sable looks alright, been waiting a while for PWS so happy with that 

They've really dropped the standard of the monthly games since the price hike.  My sub is due for renewal next month and I'm going to drop to the base level I think.

On 29/11/2023 at 19:34, villa4europe said:

December psn games are lego 2k drive, power wash simulator and sable

Sable looks alright, been waiting a while for PWS so happy with that 

Not the worst month. 2K Drive looks decent and power wash is a great way to while away a few hours.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ender4 said:

They need to get better with PS Plus Extra games. Gamepass is blowing them out of the water the last 3 months.

But at the same time Spiderman 2 is better than anything Xbox have released in the last 5 years... 

What they are more likely to do is knock PSN+ on the head and say here's spiderman, here's GoW, here's the last of us

What they then need is the next big game, they've announced wolverine but not shown anything but after that the slate has nothing on it, that's when PSN can become important 

Id rather they just called a spade a spade and I could walk away from psn and just buy the £70 games happily 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

But at the same time Spiderman 2 is better than anything Xbox have released in the last 5 years... 

What they are more likely to do is knock PSN+ on the head and say here's spiderman, here's GoW, here's the last of us

What they then need is the next big game, they've announced wolverine but not shown anything but after that the slate has nothing on it, that's when PSN can become important 

Id rather they just called a spade a spade and I could walk away from psn and just buy the £70 games happily 

I'm not disputing the quality of PS5 games. Playstation 5 is easily better than Xbox. 

But Gamepass is easily better than PS Plus Essential/Extra/Premium. Sony need to step up if they want to compete on this service especially since they raised the price. And they are pushing this service hard, this is where they want a majority of owners to be.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

I'm not disputing the quality of PS5 games. Playstation 5 is easily better than Xbox. 

But Gamepass is easily better than PS Plus Essential/Extra/Premium. Sony need to step up if they want to compete on this service especially since they raised the price. And they are pushing this service hard, this is where they want a majority of owners to be.

But I think Sony treat psn like an inconvenience to them, they can see GP is brilliant and therefore offer it as a token gesture rather than something they truly believe in

And that's why it's a bit shit

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

But I think Sony treat psn like an inconvenience to them, they can see GP is brilliant and therefore offer it as a token gesture rather than something they truly believe in

And that's why it's a bit shit

Ah yes, i guess that makes sense. Rather than competing with GP, they want people to keep buying the full-price games as it makes more money for them. Whereas Xbox don't have any decent exclusives so put all their focus into GP.

More that if GP didn't exist Sony wouldn't do anything, psn is a token gesture because they feel pressure to "compete" with GP when in reality it's so weak that it doesn't 

Strange how both machines seemingly offer something so different right now

And sonys business plan is working so much better 

December games - 

Grand Theft Auto V (PS5, PS4)

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (PS5, PS4)

Moto GP23 (PS5, PS4)

Metal: Hellsinger (PS5, PS4)

Salt and Sacrifice (PS5, PS4)

Moonscars (PS5, PS4) 

Mega Man 11 (PS4)

GigaBash (PS5, PS4)

Grime (PS5, PS4)

Tinykin (PS5, PS4)

Prodeus (PS5, PS4)

Shadowrun Returns (PS5, PS4)

Shadowrun: Daggerfall - Director's Cut (PS5, PS4)

Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition (PS5, PS4)

I've lined up FF16 and RDR2 to play over Xmas so might be in the mood for gta and FF come January, played tinykin on the switch and it's a brilliant little game that people should definitely try, metal hellslinger looks interesting but not for me and I'm sure someone on here loves salt and sacrifice 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Thanks 1

Â