Playstation 5

villarule123

8 hours ago, ender4 said:

I’m excited for Valhalla but I’ve heard lots of negative about the size of the game.

Can I just streamline by only doing main quests and ignoring side content? Is the main story at good?

You can streamline it and I'd guess there's around 60 hours in it 

Not really spoiling anything here but the game splits England up in to counties and then you travel to each one which has its own individual story and you make allies there and then after say 30 hours you all come together do a big set piece and then you go off to do more counties and then you do more set pieces with the friends you've made

The story wasn't bad but at the same time not good enough that I had a clue who the guy I helped in county 1 at the start of game was 75+ hours in, so one of the bigger things about the story is lost because there's just too much of it, there's 13 counties in England and 3 countries 

Quietly a couple of days ago sony did an investor call or whatever they call them, said there's no more 1st party games coming until after March 2025

Doesn't sound like wolverine is sneaking out, usually Sony have one before Xmas and one before financial year end, they've got nothing 

Anyone played Helldivers 2? The youtube crowd are loving it so thought I'd take a punt at £29.99 out of stock though delivery in March from Amazon :(

Not my type of game so no but I've also heard that they've been caught on the hop with the popularity of it and it has some server problems so not being able to play it right now might not be a bad thing 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

happy with Sifu been waiting a while for that one, im sure they've also patched it to make it easier?

I hope so as i hate Souls type difficultly games. 

• 2 weeks later...

March games 

Blood Bowl 3 - PS4, PS5

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - PS5

LEGO DC Supervillains - PS4

Marvel’s Midnight Suns - PS4, PS5

Mystic Pillars: Remastered - PS5

NBA 2K24 Kobe Bryant Edition - PS4, PS5

Resident Evil 3 Remake - PS4, PS5

Super Neptunia RPG - PS4

RE3 is worth a play and I'll at least download Midnight Suns and then not bother playing it

On 13/03/2024 at 20:32, villa4europe said:

March games 

Blood Bowl 3 - PS4, PS5

Super Neptunia RPG - PS4

RE3 is worth a play and I'll at least download Midnight Suns and then not bother playing it

Is the NBA 2K series still trying desperately to vacuum money out of your pockets at every opportunity?

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/03/2024 at 14:44, Dante_Lockhart said:

I’ve let my PS+ run down now and it expires tomorrow. Can’t justify the cost these days, and a lot of the ‘benefits’ are wasted on me.

They'll offer you a decent discount once it expires, so it might be worth it for you at a lower price point?

On 13/03/2024 at 20:32, villa4europe said:

March games 

Blood Bowl 3 - PS4, PS5

Super Neptunia RPG - PS4

Putting RE3 on my list to play. Hope it's similar and as good as Resi Evil 2 remake.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Putting RE3 on my list to play. Hope it's similar and as good as Resi Evil 2 remake.

It is and it isn't, it's definitley worth playing, it's shorter, takes less thinking and from memory it has some smaller bits but nothing like the mansion or police station to go round getting keys etc to unlock new parts 

What it does better imo than other RE games is almost accepting how short it is it has chapter select and unlockables via a points system meaning after about 10 hours and a few certain levels replayed you can get an assault rifle with unlimited ammo and things like that and have some fun with it

All that said I had a quick look last month and it looked like it was premium which is weird cos that's not their normal approach 

RE3 is great. 

It's very short - a blind first run might take 4hrs and when you know the game and use it's unlock system you can quite easily do a run in an hour. It feels like a very ambitious DLC in some respects. It's much more action focused and the pace is pumped up, it has basically 3 puzzles in the entire run and those are pathetic even in the Resi stakes. It's very set up to be replayed and it's unlock system is set up with a view to doing multiple runs with different gimmicks you unlock. 

It's not perfect. The biggest issue is the final boss on the highest difficulties is nearly broken. It actually soured me on the game a little when it essentially became a game of rolling the dice and seeing if the game was going to let me win.

But overall I got 25hrs out of it that I really enjoyed. REmake 2 is the better game, but 3 is still very good.

On 05/04/2024 at 20:53, Chindie said:

RE3 is great. 

It's very short - a blind first run might take 4hrs and when you know the game and use it's unlock system you can quite easily do a run in an hour. It feels like a very ambitious DLC in some respects. It's much more action focused and the pace is pumped up, it has basically 3 puzzles in the entire run and those are pathetic even in the Resi stakes. It's very set up to be replayed and it's unlock system is set up with a view to doing multiple runs with different gimmicks you unlock. 

It's not perfect. The biggest issue is the final boss on the highest difficulties is nearly broken. It actually soured me on the game a little when it essentially became a game of rolling the dice and seeing if the game was going to let me win.

But overall I got 25hrs out of it that I really enjoyed. REmake 2 is the better game, but 3 is still very good.

Can’t be much of a story if it can be done in 4 hours.  I don’t really replay a game once I end to the end, so not sure if this will tempt me to try bits again - because I guess it can’t change that much even if you have better weapons.

Psn games - 

Dave the Diver (PS4, PS5) - DayOne

Tales of Kenzera: Zau (PS5, ab dem 23. April verfügbar) - DayOne

Animal Well (PS5, ab dem 9. Mai verfügbar) - DayOne

Oddballers (PS4)

Construction Simulator (PS4, PS5)

The Crew (PS4)

Raji: An Ancient Epic (PS4, PS5)

Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame (PS4)

Nour: Play With Your Food (PS4, PS5)

Deliver Us Mars (PS4, PS5)

Lego Marvel’s Avengers (PS4)

Miasma Chronicles (PS5)

Stray Blade (PS5)

I played the Dave the diver demo and it was good, I'll give construction simulator a go too

• Thanks 1

Are there many decent games for it at the minute for a quite casual player? The only games I've really invested time in before are the GTA, boxing/wrestling games with decent career modes, FIFA (altho, any football game would do, I'm not that arsed about playing online any more) and occasionally a COD type game. Maybe the odd Assassins Creed type game too. I've been putting off buying the PS5 because I couldn't see many games that fit that category before (albeit a couple of years aho) - Ta

Â