Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Pulling him up by the shirt was always going to be a yellow card. Totally unnecessary in that situation and since our back up keeper is not great and Martinez likes to shithouse and waste time it's not ideal that he's already on 3 yellow. He's going to miss games and we can't really afford that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Nonsense. Kamara chose to grab the players neck and shove him instead of letting it alone. You can’t put that on Emi regardless of how stupid Emi was being.

I can and I will. He started the situation which escalated fast. If he just moves past and doesn't try and get the mental win over Maupay that whole clown show doesn't happen.

• Like 1

The whole end of the match drama will be looked back on as fairly benign imo. There were a lot of antics, but I didn’t see anything that seemed particularly malicious. Just silly shit. It’s a contact sport, things are going to boil over the edge of the pot occasionally. UTV  

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Pulling him up by the shirt was always going to be a yellow card. Totally unnecessary in that situation and since our back up keeper is not great and Martinez likes to shithouse and waste time it's not ideal that he's already on 3 yellow. He's going to miss games and we can't really afford that.

He'll do what he did last season and make sure he isn't booked twice before the reset. The 5 card rule resets at 19 games anyway.

Martinez knows what he's doing, Kamara didn't

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

His behaviour was **** pathetic and i equally blame him for kamaras sending off.

Just petty and pathetic from him

You blame him equally for Kamara choosing to put his hands near the throat of an opposition player? Do you not realise how nuts that sounds?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I can and I will. He started the situation which escalated fast. If he just moves past and doesn't try and get the mental win over Maupay that whole clown show doesn't happen.

So personal responsibility doesn’t matter to you, essentially? It was Kamara’s mistake and his alone.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

just rewatching the debacle at the end.

what an idiot.

i love Emi, but no excuses for stupidity, and he was max dork brain at the end there.

The little nudge in the back I get but when he started pulling at Maupay I thought “Oh boy, he’s lost it.”

• Sad 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

So personal responsibility doesn’t matter to you, essentially? It was Kamara’s mistake and his alone.

Kamara was an idiot. 100%. But expect senior members of the squad to calm a game like this down, not fan the flames like Emi did.

Once things pop off, any type of stupidity can happen in the melee. But the melee is caused by Emi.

He acts like a spoiled little brat most weeks and now it might have cost us dearly. It's like he doesn't fully grasp, we're actually fighting for the Premier League title. Hopefully Unai is able to instill som much needed humility into him.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

i agree it was kamara's mistake and he is responsible for it, but Emi is also responsible for his stupid actions, and if a senior player in our team (Emi) hadnt acted like such a child, it wouldnt have escalated.

Emi should have acted like a leader, rather than a child, and Kamara should have controlled his own actions.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Most of the time I love his antics - but he got Kamara sent off today with all that nonsense. Has to know when to pipe down and just let one go. As it stands we've lost Kamara for 3 games, and it wouldn't shock me if there is more punishment to come when they review the game for himself.

I sort of think Kamara got himself sent off!

Â