Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

It's hilarious because if we don't want to sell him why would we? Kane has wanted to leave Spurs and where does he currently play football? If we want to keep him he stays. It's really really simple

Soz double post

Edited by Pongo's Socks
Double post

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

It's hilarious because if we don't want to sell him why would we? Kane has wanted to leave Spurs and where does he currently play football? If we want to keep him he stays. It's really really simple

Personally I wouldn't want anyone playing for us that doesn't want to be here.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Chelsea, United and Tottenham may be in for a keeper this summer without looking at any foreign clubs.

United - ETH won’t buy Emi because he doesn’t have the attributes for keeper he likes and style as I explained in my previous comment.  If your read about ETH, he’s going back to his way and if he continues that methodology then Emi wouldn’t fit.

I know people keep saying Man U but if they read anything about ETH you’d know that Emi doesn’t fit that so I think that is close to zero happening.

Spurs - Possible but not likely given the fee.  I just don’t see him going to Spurs.

Chelsea - Most likely because they are buying everybody but they seem to be focused on younger players.

Foreign clubs, I don’t see any because those that could already have equivalent level keeper and the rest would never spend/couldn’t afford on a keeper.

24 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Is Luis really that naive?

Must be in this circumstance, i usually call people out for blowing things out of proportion, or taking things out of context, but there is no riddle or hidden context here.

It is pretty straightforward.

The only hidden context would be if we qualified for Champions League this season and had a chance of winning it.

I'm not necessarily mad at Emi either, as he was asked questions and answered, I just hate the timing of it.

Note: I really like Luis.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, nick76 said:

United - ETH won’t buy Emi because he doesn’t have the attributes for keeper he likes and style as I explained in my previous comment.  If your read about ETH, he’s going back to his way and if he continues that methodology then Emi wouldn’t fit.

I know people keep saying Man U but if they read anything about ETH you’d know that Emi doesn’t fit that so I think that is close to zero happening.

Spurs - Possible but not likely given the fee.  I just don’t see him going to Spurs.

Chelsea - Most likely because they are buying everybody but they seem to be focused on younger players.

Foreign clubs, I don’t see any because those that could already have equivalent level keeper and the rest would never spend/couldn’t afford on a keeper.

All I am saying is those three might want a keeper in the summer.

Neither of us know who he will be coveted by enough for them to make an acceptable bid.

41 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Please stop mentioning Pickford. He's like a T-Rex come to life and his play out the back would also be a downgrade. 

Even if he was the best keeper in the world (he's not even the best keeper in his city) I would hate to have Pickford purely based on his mannerism.

He looks like someone who wears his tracksuit bottoms tucked into his white puma socks while drinking a Stella in a social club. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

All I am saying is those three might want a keeper in the summer.

Neither of us know who he will be coveted by enough for them to make an acceptable bid.

Yeah but I explained why Man U won’t be after Emi.  Obviously I may be wrong but everything I’ve seen and watched about ETH after starting to get into the methodologies of managers over the last year suggests to me that Utd won’t be in for Emi at all, he’s just got the wrong strength in attributes for ETH.

So I agree about who will covet him being unknown but we can make informed guesses/assumptions about who and I have only Spurs and Chelsea as possibilities and even them are borderline.  Chelsea seem the most obvious but again there are good reasons why they won’t.  I think it’s bad timing for Emi because the main clubs are set with their keeper so I think he’s staying.

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah but I explained why Man U won’t be after Emi.  Obviously I may be wrong but everything I’ve seen and watched about ETH after starting to get into the methodologies of managers over the last year suggests to me that Utd won’t be in for Emi at all, he’s just got the wrong strength in attributes for ETH.

So I agree about who will covet him being unknown but we can make informed guesses/assumptions about who and I have only Spurs and Chelsea as possibilities and even them are borderline.  Chelsea seem the most obvious but again there are good reasons why they won’t.  I think it’s bad timing for Emi because the main clubs are set with their keeper so I think he’s staying.

I hope he does stay, replacing him with equal or better will be impossible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

15E5006C-9D47-4DA7-848A-479AC24492C5.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Must be in this circumstance, i usually call people out for blowing things out of proportion, or taking things out of context, but there is no riddle or hidden context here.

It is pretty straightforward.

The only hidden context would be if we qualified for Champions League this season and had a chance of winning it.

I'm not necessarily mad at Emi either, as he was asked questions and answered, I just hate the timing of it.

Note: I really like Luis.

Who is this Luis guy? Because based on those tweets, he sounds no different to many of the posters on here with the way he confidently asserts his own thoughts and speculations as fact. Hell, even the clear villa bias is there.

Does he have like insider knowledge or something? Is he close friends with Martinez? Because that at least justifies the confidence, otherwise I’d take his opinion with as much weight as any random bloke on here.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

6 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Who is this Luis guy? Because based on those tweets, he sounds no different to many of the posters on here with the way he confidently asserts his own thoughts and speculations as fact.

Does he have like insider knowledge or something? Is he close friends with Martinez? Because that at least justifies the confidence.

Don’t think he knows Martinez as such, but he knows his stuff and has good connections around the club. Very good journalist/pundit and it’s rare we get too many of those who are also Villa fans.

7 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Who is this Luis guy? Because based on those tweets, he sounds no different to many of the posters on here with the way he confidently asserts his own thoughts and speculations as fact.

Does he have like insider knowledge or something? Is he close friends with Martinez? Because that at least justifies the confidence.

Quite a popular South American Villa fan, based in the US i think, and often does transfer related features with Romano.

He's got some credibility, but in the end he's probably just voicing his opinion.

39 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Even if he was the best keeper in the world (he's not even the best keeper in his city) I would hate to have Pickford purely based on his mannerism.

He looks like someone who wears his tracksuit bottoms tucked into his white puma socks while drinking a Stella in a social club. 

Main reason why I don't mind Emi's antics. Nothing like having a confident keeper in goal. Lifts the entire back line. 

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Find the last few pages hilarious. He's under contract to 2027. He might get a move in summer of 2025 at the earliest I'd say. 

He deserves to play for a top club if we've not progressed enough in next two seasons. 

Oh right because players are well known to respect contracts if they decide they want to move.

Â