Emiliano Martínez

hippo

On 23/11/2022 at 06:45, WallisFrizz said:

The flip side of that is his confidence would be shot and he would become more error prone.

I can live with a clamour for his services…we either keep him or sell him for big money (like people have said his form for us has been far from perfect but he still has a good reputation). I would be more bothered with him coming back miserable and with his value having plummeted.

Far better for us to have a Villa player go far and he’s our best chance.

Personally I would very much doubt a player with Emi’s standing would be confidence shot tbh with you - but there was an element of tongue in cheek also 👍🏻

Only time I will ever say this.

You absolute word removed 😭

Not the time I wanted you pull out one of your world class saves. Unbelievable!

I will forgive you next time I see you in the Claret n Blue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Enjoy him this season, he’ll be playing champions league next year I’d put money on it 

Someone better be prepared to absolutely annihilate the world record goalkeeper fee then because we won't want to sell him and we don't need to sell him. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

what a journey he has been on.

Gone from a 28 year old Arsenal reserve keeper 3 years ago......

To being Villa's undisputed number 1, getting his first cap for Argentina, becoming Argentina's undisputed no.1, winning the Copa America and being one of the heroes of that run, doing well at the World Cup as their no.1, getting more hugs and love from Messi and his team mates than i get in a good year from my missus :P

He must feel like he's on cloud nine with how the last 3 years have gone.

Its also nice that he does genuinely seem to appreciate what Villa did for him, in giving him a platform to showcase his talents and ability.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'm hoping for an England Argentina final, Martinez being the hero in a penalty shootout after shithousing the English players. He'd have the confidence of Superman when he returns.

Imagine him making a penalty save to win it from the English Almiron

• Haha 1

Â