The AVFC FFP thread

I had someone high up in the club actually tell me to get food from outside the stadium to bring in, even he agreed the service inside the ground is poor. 

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

need to sell more hotdogs and beers, clearly....

What does match day revenue include because just back of the envelope calcs means £16m is roughly £800k per home game at ~40k attendance is £20 per person.  Seems a low average considering tickets, corporate boxes, food, drink and programmes.  What am I missing? I may just be tired and not thinking straight.

And yet some moan about the introduction of The Terrace View and The Lower Grounds lounges but want us to push on and sign top quality players. Club has to charge more and tap into new markets simples. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

need to sell more hotdogs and beers, clearly....

They're mostly the 2022 financial figures as only handful of club on left have 2023 beside them.

Our match day revenue in 21/22 season was £16m

It's the commercial revenue which is the massive gap between the big 6 and the rest.

It's embarrassing seeing Leeds ahead of us for march day and commercial revenue for 21/22 though. 

Will be interesting to read when our 22/23 accounts are released.

Edited by CVByrne
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Those figures are so scary. Everton equalled our matchday revenue from their old and outdated stadium. Spurs beat it x 8  , Leicester were 25% better than us. Maybe we love VP too much. Maybe a new stadium is the only way to go. And thats playing devils advocate. 

By the time we get the figures for this season I'd be very surprised if our matchday income hasn't doubled from the 2021-22 numbers - we've had huge price increases, more games and additional hospitality. The figures that are presented in that table were awful, but we've already taken some really big steps to address them.

• Like 1

Our revenue was on the levels of Everton, Leicester, Southampton and Wolves. Clubs that all had to stop spending because of FFP. The same will happen to Villa I’m afraid.  Hopefully the difference is Monchi can find great value for money signings and Emery can work wonders with them. 

We did have nearly the cheapest season tickets in the league a few seasons ago from the time those figures were taken, which probably contributes to that low figure. 

Now that we're charging the highest of the other 14 we should be a lot higher, despite our terrible ability to serve beer and average corporate offerings.

Shame it's still such a relative drop in the ocean for our overall income and that it would be nicer if we didn't have to rinse the fans to be able to spend a bit more. 

On 19/01/2024 at 16:36, nick76 said:

What does match day revenue include because just back of the envelope calcs means £16m is roughly £800k per home game at ~40k attendance is £20 per person.  Seems a low average considering tickets, corporate boxes, food, drink and programmes.  What am I missing? I may just be tired and not thinking straight.

Yeah it looks odd although I think the figures are as per the official accounts. But it would be for the accounts 2 seasons ago and we’ve had two big price hikes since then, and that season I think was the first back from covid and a lot of fans had vouchers from the cancelled games in 2020, which maybe had an impact on the revenue figures 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

It's all coming together, we are finally challenging for the top 4 positions,  we have billionaire owners, but unfortunately we cannot spend to move on due to FFP. Lovely just lovely!!

i wonder if we will try and cash in on one of our big assets in the summer, to help expand our finances for the next few years.

Can see us doing it tbh.

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i wonder if we will try and cash in on one of our big assets in the summer, to help expand our finances for the next few years.

Can see us doing it tbh.

I’m certain we will. 

14 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Can see us doing it tbh.

This is normal evolution of our position. We need to sell starting players and replace them. Look at City, Liverpool and Arsenal in summer. Players who were regular starters sold. We need finances in via sales every summer 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

This is normal evolution of our position. We need to sell starting players and replace them. Look at City, Liverpool and Arsenal in summer. Players who were regular starters sold. We need finances in via sales every summer 

They sell needless assets like City did Jesus. If we sold Luiz would be nonsensical. Cash less so much and I really like Cash as part of the Villa family but I liked Targett for same reason but need to be ruthless sometimes

Edited by Kiwivillan

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

They sell needless assets like City did Jesus. If we sold Luiz would be nonsensical. Cash less so much

Well letting Mahrez and Gundogan go for example. Not Jesus 

Cash is a good example of a player who plays regularly and could be sold for the income we'd generate 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Well letting Mahrez and Gundogan go for example. Not Jesus 

Cash is a good example of a player who plays regularly and could be sold for the income we'd generate 

Both are strange from city as I don't think they realised how much of a positive impact those 2 players had on their squad depth, replacing Mahrez with Doku and gundogan with kovacic hasn't worked for them 

But city's logic of both of them peaking and about to decline so shipping them out now is sound, their problem is their replacements aren't better and gundogan in particular they haven't managed to rotate the new players as much 

Liverpool did it with Henderson and Keita, both arent good enough anymore 

Then also both clubs just turned up at Wolves and brighton and took the replacement that they wanted 

Us selling luiz would be madness, he hasn't peaked yet, he plays every game for us if he's available and we can't just go out in to the transfer market and cherry pick whichever replacement we feel like 

We're miles off what man city do 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Both are strange from city as I don't think they realised how much of a positive impact those 2 players had on their squad depth, replacing Mahrez with Doku and gundogan with kovacic hasn't worked for them 

But city's logic of both of them peaking and about to decline so shipping them out now is sound, their problem is their replacements aren't better and gundogan in particular they haven't managed to rotate the new players as much 

Liverpool did it with Henderson and Keita, both arent good enough anymore 

Then also both clubs just turned up at Wolves and brighton and took the replacement that they wanted 

Us selling luiz would be madness, he hasn't peaked yet, he plays every game for us if he's available and we can't just go out in to the transfer market and cherry pick whichever replacement we feel like 

We're miles off what man city do 

Second in the league. Coasted through Champions League group. Won World Club Cup. Gearing up nicely for second half of the season. Been without KDB all season.

If that's "hasn't worked for them", expectations are sensationally high for Man City.

• Like 2

Just now, Don_Simon said:

Second in the league. Coasted through Champions League group. Won World Club Cup. Gearing up nicely for second half of the season. Been without KDB all season.

If that's "hasn't worked for them", expectations are sensationally high for Man City.

Haha yeah true

But from what I've seen they're not rotating as much, they smashed everything last year because of how fit and fresh they were by March, this year rodri seems to have played more, kovacic and the ex Wolves guy have 12 league starts between them, they've played Akanji and Stones in midfield instead, I'm sure vs us those 2 were on the bench and they played Rico Lewis in CM, that's what I mean about it not working, neither of gundogans replacements seem to have Peps confidence yet 

You could argue that mahrez's replacement should be Doku plus then alvarez playing more but because of Haalands injury alvarez has played up top more 

17 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Our revenue was on the levels of Everton, Leicester, Southampton and Wolves. Clubs that all had to stop spending because of FFP. The same will happen to Villa I’m afraid.  Hopefully the difference is Monchi can find great value for money signings and Emery can work wonders with them. 

I reckon with the caveat ( Maybe bar Leicester) that those clubs never really got Europa/ Champions League, larger sponsorship deals, increased TV revenue ( Comparatively ) etc?

Just another reason why trying our best to get Champs League is so important.

• Like 1

I understand being limited in buying players, but it doesn't sit right with me at all that we may be forced to sell key players to avoid breaching FFP. 

Especially when we're in a league with the likes of Man City who have intentionally flouted it to great success and will probably receive a relative slap on the wrist.

Â