Matty Cash

paul514

At the level that we are trying to compete in..

He is not that player for us unfortunately.

He has done tremendous to make it as a PL player and can certainly play at a top 8 level..

but that is it..

2nd half Bailey was on for an easy pass no one around him, but does what he always does cuts inside and passes it backwards, I just hope konsa ain’t out for long as don’t want to see him start for us again this season it serious hampers us, hopefully we sell him in the summer

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

Based on tonight's performance i'm struggling to think of another RB that has played for us that's worse.

I'd be reluctant to give him a 0/10 rating.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Haha 1

Just now, supermon said:

I think his confidence is low, we have seen him play well before. Lack of consistency maybe, need a run of games 

Sadly, no, he's just clearly not up to it.

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Constantly flat footed and on his heels when he’s played through in attacking positions.

And miscontrolling constantly in the forward half

He’s not low on confidence. He’s just absolutely awful. Makes the wrong decision 9/10, no attacking threat, defensively always out of position, constantly the deepest in the high line, can’t trap cement 

to be fair to him though, he has the best cruyff turn and 5 yard pass combo I think I’ve ever seen 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On one hand I think it's clear he just can't play with Bailey and it's on the manager to recognise that. On the other hand that's kind of not good enough. It's hard to see what value he provides to the squad if picking him limits options in half the other positions on the pitch.

Feels he's a bit of a scapegoat. He wasn't amazing tonight but there were plenty who were miles worse (Kamara, Tielemans and the two CBs).

Was like Moreno, just got caught upfield too often and exposed on the counters.

Hit a really nice cross in second half that McGinn looked certain to score but it got blocked.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Feels he's a bit of a scapegoat. He wasn't amazing tonight but there were plenty who were miles worse (Kamara, Tielemans and the two CBs).

Was like Moreno, just got caught upfield too often and exposed on the counters.

Hit a really nice cross in second half that McGinn looked certain to score but it got blocked.

Scapegoat? Really?

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Based on tonight's performance i'm struggling to think of another RB that has played for us that's worse.

I'd be reluctant to give him a 0/10 rating.

Up to December he's started 90% of the games under Emery in a very well drilled and functioning defensive unit.

I'd say that's better than plenty of the jokers we've had in that position since Delaney retired in 2006.

Â