Matty Cash

paul514

56 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t think it was a bad game as such - per my Neil Taylor comparison earlier, he can play perfectly ok for the most part and still be the breakdown/slowdown point in too many attacks. It’s not even really a criticism - I think he’s performing perfectly well as a midtable PL full back which is an amazing level - he’s just the one player in our current starting XI I don’t think has the capability to step up to a CL chase, especially from an attacking perspective. I’d still happily have him in the squad for the long term but I think it’s the next position I’d be looking to upgrade.

Perfect explanation. Cash isnt rubbish. He is just not quite as good as many others in the squad. Thats what happens when you start operating at the top of the league.  Ceilings get lifted or hit. And its not the players fault if they dont get better. Its their limit and nothing to be ashamed of. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Perfect explanation. Cash isnt rubbish. He is just not quite as good as many others in the squad. Thats what happens when you start operating at the top of the league.  Ceilings get lifted or hit. And its not the players fault if they dont get better. Its their limit and nothing to be ashamed of. 

Well said

For now though he is a very important player and we need to support him

• Like 1

Its defo tactics that make him come back inside. Emery will be saying if the pass isnt on or if there is no space to run into then recycle back and start again. Its frustrating to watch but its not his fault.  The Prem is tactically on a whole different level these days. Teams just do not let you have space any more unless they are the top ones who want to impose their game on us. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Its defo tactics that make him come back inside. Emery will be saying if the pass isnt on or if there is no space to run into then recycle back and start again. Its frustrating to watch but its not his fault.  The Prem is tactically on a whole different level these days. Teams just do not let you have space any more unless they are the top ones who want to impose their game on us. 

Agreed.  Love Cashy but there is definitely room to improve in this team.  I think the competition for his position in terms of Konsa seems to have affected his confidence too.  He's good defensively and. Excellent when recovering, but the confidence to do something offensively seems low.  I would love it if he could put in a few 9/10 performances in his next games as he deserves it

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I noticed we only had 8 subs today. Did he picked up an injury as was expecting him to be back involved.

illness

surprising there's not been more players out through illness to be honest as pretty much everyone i know has had some form of lurgy over xmas (including me)

• Thanks 1

I don’t post a lot nowadays and have always been loathe to pass on BS but at the Burnley game I was chatting to someone who I know has good ‘connections’.  He told me two strong rumours for January:

1) That Matty Cash is off in January (to Chelsea?).

2) If 1) gains legs I will consider passing on the other rumour, which relates to a possible incoming striker.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MikeMcKenna said:

I don’t post a lot nowadays and have always been loathe to pass on BS but at the Burnley game I was chatting to someone who I know has good ‘connections’.  He told me two strong rumours for January:

1) That Matty Cash is off in January (to Chelsea?).

2) If 1) gains legs I will consider passing on the other rumour, which relates to a possible incoming striker.

is Chelsea a guess?, or was it that he might be off "somewhere" in Jan?

i could imagine him leaving if the circumstances were right, but Chelsea seems a weird destination?

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

is Chelsea a guess?, or was it that he might be off "somewhere" in Jan?

i could imagine him leaving if the circumstances were right, but Chelsea seems a weird destination?

I need to check with my mate but I think he said Chelsea. I have just now researched online and also found this. My source would definitely not have based his comment on an internet rumour. 

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/12/28/chelsea-considering-january-move-for-matty-cash/

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

I need to check with my mate but I think he said Chelsea. I have just now researched online and also found this. My source would definitely not have based his comment on an internet rumour. 

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/12/28/chelsea-considering-january-move-for-matty-cash/

well, if it were a half decent offer i would 100% take it.

Just cant imagine it though, Cash to Chelsea.... :)

I had a look on Chelsea forum recently and they were talking of the need of a new rightback, Cash's name came up but they were doubting they could attract him from us, they didn't seem to realize that we might see him as someone that we can improve upon. But point being he's being talked about amongst their fans as a possibility for them.

Â