Matty Cash

paul514

Carried it directly into traffic all night. Awful.

Frustrating Unai didn't bring him off to be honest. He was absolutely stinking it out.

Looked shattered but pretty confident it's mental rather than physical. His confidence is shot to bits.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, switters said:

Wasn't great today, but still will be a miss for Utd esp if Pau still out. frustrating to get booked in almost last play of the game (though can't really fault him for making that foul at that moment).

I'd rather go Konsa RB and Lenglet and Diego CB anyway.

He was one of the better players in Gerrard's system, where he has space to run into with the ball and arrive in the box. Less passing/positioning and more counter and finishing. 

He doesn't fit into this system as he's not a RB/CB hybrid or a RM that can drift into the CM area like Ramsey/Bailey/McGinn do. Decent player and on his day he's certainly on par with Digne but the system and role of that side is going to cost him here long term.

Shown up all of his weakenness tonight.

As a sub ? Great, as a starter ? Not so sure.

A poor game tonight is kind towards his display.

He wasn't the only poor effort tonight , the result is thanks to 3 or 4 players not being good enough tonight and emery not sorting it out.

It surely must be a tactical instruction because there's no way he would decide every single time to bring the ball in the middle of the pitch when there was acres of space for him out wide to attack and try cross the ball. I'm just not having it, he can't have been that stupid. 

I like Cash and have tried to stick up for him but it's becoming blatantly obvious we need a RB in January. 

16 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Spurs fans laughing about a potential shoulder injury to Matty are a sad, pathetic bunch.

Just seen it all on Twitter. Absolute clowns, grown men the majority of them as well. Pure cringe tbh.

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

It surely must be a tactical instruction because there's no way he would decide every single time to bring the ball in the middle of the pitch when there was acres of space for him out wide to attack and try cross the ball. I'm just not having it, he can't have been that stupid. 

I like Cash and have tried to stick up for him but it's becoming blatantly obvious we need a RB in January. 

Yep I agree, time and time again he has the chance to run into space on the outside and cuts in. Konsa also misses countless opportunities to feed the ball to Cash early but seems reluctant to.

I think Cash is low in confidence and it showed jiat before their goal the moans from the crowd when he does the wrong thing, he must hear it. I don't like it tbh.

He doesn't hide, shows for the ball and trys to make things happen. I think competition would improve his game.

Definitely the weak spot at the level we are currently at… he’s a much better player than Neil Taylor obviously, but it reminds me of the promotion season when Tammy, McGinn, Grealish etc would zip it around then it would come to Taylor and just… stop. Fine as a squad player but I’d be looking to upgrade.

• Like 1

Cash is a decent middling PL player, not a standard to be sniffed at but I don’t think he’s an Emery player. It seemed like the plan in the summer was to phase him out with Konsa moved over to the right but the squad injuries put a stop to that, and now Konsa has gone up so many levels you wouldn’t want to move him out of the centre anyway. 

Â