Matty Cash

paul514

2 hours ago, chappy said:

Getting dogs abuse on Twitter from Spurs fans angry about him injuring Doherty. In a challenge where he won the ball and their player carried on playing for another 10-15 minutes.

He went down 3 times following the tackle to be fair. I thought it was awful. Digne did one too where he didn't even get booked.

I thought the ref was atrocious. Coutinho had a late one off the ball not seen by ref or the lino, someone else on our team clattered one of them and it was waived on.

It was a ridiclous game.

35 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

The Mings challenge was also Ben Mee ish.

I agree - if the opponent's leg is planted, it breaks, simple as that. The ref had no control of that game.

• Like 1

Mings challenge is nothing like Ben Mee.

Maybe it doesn’t/shouldn’t exist in the 2020s game and be a foul or a yellow but it’s no different to most of these and he only retired 8 years ago.

Edited by a m ole

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

0131B749-7410-487A-A350-2D299D4F0F06.webp

73C98EA0-E02E-417D-9245-E9F66AE417A1.webp

tbh, all that tell me, is that we have a poor team overall, which means we are frantically defending a lot.

i think there is a reason that players on that list are from teams like Burnley, Brentford etc.

Not knocking the fact that Cash clearly helps us defending, but its also interesting that apart from Rice, no players from remotely "top teams" are on that list.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbh, all that tell me, is that we have a poor team overall, which means we are frantically defending a lot.

i think there is a reason that players on that list are from teams like Burnley, Brentford etc.

Not knocking the fact that Cash clearly helps us defending, but its also interesting that apart from Rice, no players from remotely "top teams" are on that list.

The top teams defend less for sure due to their possession. Watching city the other night Rodri’s like a first line of defence on his own.  Still good to see him on there anyway 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sne said:

The better teams also try and succeed in winning the ball back higher up the pitch.

Liverscum had Van Dijk and Konate closer to Villarreal’s goal yesterday than their own for large parts of yesterday. They were all in the Villarreal half except Allison who was 30 yards out of goal at times.

We spend a lot of time defending our box. Cashy does get loads of blocks in. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Liverscum had Van Dijk and Konate closer to Villarreal’s goal yesterday than their own for large parts of yesterday. They were all in the Villarreal half except Allison who was 30 yards out of goal at times.

We spend a lot of time defending our box. Cashy does get loads of blocks in. 

I don't think blocks necessarily means we are defending our box as this stat includes blocked passes. Only 13 of Cash's blocks were blocked shots. In fact only one player on that list has more than 17 blocked shots, and that's Tarkowski with 60.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tomsky_11 said:

I don't think blocks necessarily means we are defending our box as this stat includes blocked passes. Only 13 of Cash's blocks were blocked shots. In fact only one player on that list has more than 17 blocked shots, and that's Tarkowski with 60.

Should also add that as a team we are 8th lowest for blocked shots while 7th highest for blocked passes.

West Ham and Spurs have the 3rd and 4th highest blocked shots and both are challenging for European places, while Southampton and Brentford have blocked fewer shots than us, so this stat doesn't always correllated with league position.

2 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

Fair enough I’ve always thought blocks refers to shots and interceptions would be more specific to passes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest av1
26 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Has been immense this season. The idea of replacing him is madness. 

Shoe in for POTS IMO. 

As much as I love the guy, I can't help but feel as though he shouldn't be POTS material, but then there is no-one else who's been as consistent this season. Mings could be in with a shout actually.

Made big strides this season in terms of consistency. Hasnt been made a fool of like he was occasionally last season and has developed his crossing and shooting. Lots of time to get better as well 

On 11/04/2022 at 13:41, a m ole said:

Mings challenge is nothing like Ben Mee.

Maybe it doesn’t/shouldn’t exist in the 2020s game and be a foul or a yellow but it’s no different to most of these and he only retired 8 years ago.

Yeah you’re right it has changed but to be fair no-one was saying at the time “Gerrard is a nice tackler” - he was always a bit of a vicious player (or on a night out…) - a lot of those would be red cards now with VAR though yes.

Edited by Adam2003

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

Has been immense this season. The idea of replacing him is madness. 

He has limitations but easily our player of the season. 

Only player to challenge him is Ramsey and Mings 

• Like 1

Â