Freedom for Tooting! And other similar nutty fringe communities

chrisp65

51 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I don’t think it would be the wildest speculation that she saw this fast approaching and had to bail out rather sharpish. 

The question would be how long did NS know? Was she potentially complicit in something for a long time, or was there a bit of a domestic review meeting quite recently where he sat her down and said it’s always important to be honest, so I have a little tiny bit of news I think I should probably share…

If the likes of me were reading about the missing money 2 years ago , I'm fairly sure she knew at least 2 years ago as well .. whether she was involved I honestly couldn't say 

I'd imagine the investigation drawing to a close and the likely outcome was what made her decide that she really wanted to spend more time working in her allotment 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

If the likes of me were reading about the missing money 2 years ago , I'm fairly sure she knew at least 2 years ago as well .. whether she was involved I honestly couldn't say 

I'd imagine the investigation drawing to a close and the likely outcome was what made her decide that she really wanted to spend more time working in her allotment 

Ah, I didn’t know anything about it until the last few weeks.

I’m not all that politically engaged since they got rid of Michael Foot.

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Ah, I didn’t know anything about it until the last few weeks.

I’m not all that politically engaged since they got rid of Michael Foot.

Ha , guess you liked his his manifesto promise to take the UK out the EEC    :) 

I might be wrong , but I think the Sturgeon stuff started leaking some time after the Alex Salmond case  ... I'm sure the 2 events aren't linked though :detect:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Ha , guess you liked his his manifesto promise to take the UK out the EEC    :) 

I might be wrong , but I think the Sturgeon stuff started leaking some time after the Alex Salmond case  ... I'm sure the 2 events aren't linked though :detect:

I was once so pissed at some political thing that I thought Michael Foot was the speaker but other people assured me the next day he had not been there, so I don’t know who the hell I was listening to for the best part of an hour.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

The SNP is over,  Murrell arrested. 

This is why Sturgeon suddenly stood down as she didn't want to be arrested whilst FM I suspect.

The SNP was created to do something that can't be done by people who couldn't do it and knew it and convinced some followers to make them  very wealthy indeed by telling them they are doing the thing that can't be done and now it's all over. It was all a waste of everyone's time.  The SNP was just a get rich quick scheme for those at the top and now it has thankfully disintegrated. 

That escalated quickly 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the leak to the police was internal due to the small and parochial nature of Scottish politics. Someone getting their own back methinks.

I don't think it is this,  they tried to cover things up and no lawyer or accountancy firm will sign it all off and then it just escalated. 

This has been through a process and is coming out the other side as I understand it.

Sturgeon resigning so suddenly is something to do with this or the supreme court judgement or a bit of both. 

SNP just had their auditor bail after almost 12 months of examining the finances. 

One day after Murrells arrest.  Sturgeon,  for someone happy to use Auschwitz for self promotion is MIA,  strange.  No funny little soundbites from her.  Imagine if they had something kike this in Westminster,  she would be all over it for months.

Some SNP supporters think it's all MI5 and a fit up 😆.

3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

SNP just had their auditor bail after almost 12 months of examining the finances. 

One day after Murrells arrest.  Sturgeon,  for someone happy to use Auschwitz for self promotion is MIA,  strange.  No funny little soundbites from her.  Imagine if they had something kike this in Westminster,  she would be all over it for months.

Some SNP supporters think it's all MI5 and a fit up 😆.

She resigned, it’s Humza Yousaf now.

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

She resigned, it’s Humza Yousaf now.

You are correct,  things can only get better for him I suppose.
It was weird she (Sturgeon) didn't post a selfie from the garden or in the tent as per usual,  never usually misses something like this.  She is still MIA.

Just now, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

You are correct,  things can only get better for him I suppose.
It was weird she (Sturgeon) didn't post a selfie from the garden or in the tent as per usual,  never usually misses something like this.  She is still MIA.

I don’t think things will get better for him. He positioned himself as the continuity candidate, which surely begs the question, how much did he know? He’s now in a position where there is stuff he knew and kept quiet, or he wasn’t as ‘in’ with the leadership as he thought.

There were clearly movements a few months ago with people resigning positions in Westminster that suggested there was internal party stuff going on. I do wonder if some people spotted a potential Liz Truss moment and thought they’d wait a few months for the follow up election when the current first minister also falls. That’s pure speculation on my part.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Only announced today but resigned some time ago. It may even have been them that precipitated this, they would have a legal duty to report financial misconduct

• Like 1

After a bit of a hiatus because of covid, and a bit of internal political shenanigans it looks like AUOB and YES are getting themselves back together.

It’ll be interesting to see if it’s a number in the hundreds or the thousands on the day.

spacer.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

After a bit of a hiatus because of covid, and a bit of internal political shenanigans it looks like AUOB and YES are getting themselves back together.

It’ll be interesting to see if it’s a number in the hundreds or the thousands on the day.

spacer.png

Oooo Swansea, I wonder if we can guess beforehand where the police will station their probably unlawful and definitely unethical facial recognition cameras. I know they like a castle but I'll go a tenner on the top of the crown court/town hall buildings.

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

There were a lot of Independance marches in Scotland over the last few days as well.

Something is going on,  some MSPs are removing any links to the SNP from their Twitter Bios.

One of them has disappeared completely.  Maybe it's going to fold (The SNP) if that is possible ?
They lost a lot of members in the last month.

They might be having a deserved Bernie Madoff moment when it all comes tumbling down. 

50 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Something is going on,  some MSPs are removing any links to the SNP from their Twitter Bios.

One of them has disappeared completely.  Maybe it's going to fold (The SNP) if that is possible ?
They lost a lot of members in the last month.

They might be having a deserved Bernie Madoff moment when it all comes tumbling down. 

Probably going to split in 2. From what I understand (mainly from this thread/VillaTalk generally) it is a "broad church" primarily based on the desire for independence. Politics apart from that stretch all across the political spectrum and once they gained independence/lost momentum it would likely lose support/split anyway. Suspect that is what is happening now but don't think it will fold completely.

• Like 1

Â