Freedom for Tooting! And other similar nutty fringe communities

chrisp65

2 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

It'll be really interesting at the election how this affects them. Do you think a lot of their voters actually care or is the cause of independence more important than any wrongdoing they've done?

Support for Independence is reducing,  Now 35-39% (Depending on who you ask).  Personally,  I think the SNP is done and people will jump to ALBA maybe but that party commands 1% of the vote.  Independence was over in 2014,  just because the SNP say it isn't,  they need a carrot. They have run out of money also and the 600k really has gone from the accounts.  

I don't know as I'm not a Scot and don't live there, but I suspect you'll see some vote share decline but not enough.

The irony of the SNP is that if they achieved their flagship policy it would almost certainly destroy them. What does a single issue party do when that isn't an issue anymore?

Agreed,  it was always like a pyramid scheme to make some people money and give false hope,  but a lot of people made a living out of it.

The only logical step now (hopefully) a Sturgeon arrest,  almost everyone else has been nicked.  She signed it all off I guess,  her fingers have touched it all.

It was always going to collapse as its built on lies.

On 18/04/2023 at 20:25, Demitri_C said:

So we know what the S in the SNP party stands for - sleaze national party.

In their defense,  nobody from the top echelons of the SNP has been arrested or held in a police cell today. 

How many days since last arrest = 1 Day Progress 👍

spacer.png

I mean, my reading of the figures its actually at 29% but hey, if it’s 29% then I think that’s the highest its been in my lifetime.

A few years ago I was bitching that the BBC would report it as 9% when it was 12% and it was at 20% by the time they finally acknowledged the 12% stat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All quiet on the SNP apart from the Police are apparently looking at money left to SNP in wills as part of their fraud investigation which is always a look political parties look to be involved in as it says "Class" 😲
They will change their name at a certain point,  I mean they have too ? 
Everyday there is a story.  A bad story.

Guess the labour supporters have to thank the SNP for their great collapse as this lets them back into government along with the tories mess.

Its extraordinary how SNP were so popular and totally **** it up

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Guess the labour supporters have to thank the SNP for their great collapse as this lets them back into government along with the tories mess.

Its extraordinary how SNP were so popular and totally **** it up

On current projections, Labour don't need the SNP collapse

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sinn Féin having a very good day in the local elections in NI, as a political machine they are hugely impressive but are going to only let people down when they hope for progressive improvements in society. This goes for in the 26 counties where they are likely to lead the next government.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65871857

Former First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has been arrested in connection with the ongoing investigation into the funding and finances of the SNP.

Police confirmed a 52-year-old woman was taken into custody as a suspect and is being questioned by detectives.

On 5 April, officers searched Ms Sturgeon's home and the party's headquarters in Edinburgh.

They also arrested her husband Peter Murrell, former SNP chief executive, who was released without charge.

A luxury motorhome was also seized by police from outside the home of Mr Murrell's mother in Dunfermline. 

Almost two weeks later, SNP treasurer Colin Beattie was arrested and released without charge.

Mr Murrell and Mr Beattie were both treated as suspects and were taken into custody for the legally defined period of up to 12 hours of questioning before being released pending further inquiries.

Under the Criminal Justice (Scotland) Act 2016, police can release a suspect for further investigation, but they can be re-arrested at a later date.

On 20/04/2023 at 11:59, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

In their defense,  nobody from the top echelons of the SNP has been arrested or held in a police cell today. 

How many days since last arrest = 1 Day Progress 👍

They have now 😂

• Haha 1

Is the Nicola Sturgeon arrest a big topic over there? It's shocking to me. Still not clear on any actual criminal allegation apart from money missing from a "ring-fenced" campaign finance account, but that could all just be incompetent accounting, right?

Edited by Marka Ragnos

38 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Is the Nicola Sturgeon arrest a big topic over there? It's shocking to me. Still not clear on any actual criminal allegation apart from money missing from a "ring-fenced" campaign finance account, but that could all just be incompetent accounting, right?

Nope, I'm more shocked it took this long. The shocking thing is that she wasn’t there long. It’s no longer shocking because it’s been rumbling in for a while since her husband got arrested.

Theres no such thing as incompetent accounting, especially at this level. Motor homes bought as a campaign battle bus that never saw battle and was stored on the mothers drive, is not incompetent accounting

• Like 1

Â