Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

This is maybe a stretch but after reading the Unai Emery article one of the quotes that I wanted to look into, was that he met someone who played under him at Valencia a short while ago, and that guy said he'd been watching Watkins. 

Now initially I went to look at the squad thinking it might be an iconic striker like Morientes who is a fan of Watkins and that would be cool. But the fact he said player, not striker made me look further. Then I realised that Bruno was a Valencia player. 

That was significant for me because it might mean he's just had a look at Watkins in pre-match preparation, or he might have gone to watch Watkins with an eye on making a bid in January with how light they are up top. It's one position everyone is saying Chelsea need and they're happy to throw cash around. 

The thing is that Bruno got sacked after we beat them at the end of September, so if he was a target Bruno liked in particular, it might mean their interest lessens. 

26 minutes ago, skarroki said:

This is maybe a stretch but after reading the Unai Emery article one of the quotes that I wanted to look into, was that he met someone who played under him at Valencia a short while ago, and that guy said he'd been watching Watkins. 

Now initially I went to look at the squad thinking it might be an iconic striker like Morientes who is a fan of Watkins and that would be cool. But the fact he said player, not striker made me look further. Then I realised that Bruno was a Valencia player. 

That was significant for me because it might mean he's just had a look at Watkins in pre-match preparation, or he might have gone to watch Watkins with an eye on making a bid in January with how light they are up top. It's one position everyone is saying Chelsea need and they're happy to throw cash around. 

The thing is that Bruno got sacked after we beat them at the end of September, so if he was a target Bruno liked in particular, it might mean their interest lessens. 

I'm struggling here. Bruno who?

Edit: NVM, just found who you're referring to.

Edited by Tom13

5 hours ago, skarroki said:

Who is Bruno?

• Thanks 1

Just watched the highlights again. We are lethal when he gets played in down the Channels either with Watkins getting a shot off or pulling the ball back we create chances almost every time. It’s clever too because he isn’t wasting energy running down the wing it’s the channel maybe no more than 2 yards outside the width of the penalty area but as soon as the full back pushes and leaves that space his is on it on pass or two passes and the balls away and he is gone. Proper coaching with a proper player learning how to use the fantastic footballing attributes to there maximum.

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Who is Bruno?

As @gwi1890 said. He finished his career at Brighton before going into the backroom team with Potter and then following him to Chelsea, where he replaced him until Lampard came in and stayed with his backroom team and then Pocchetinos too. 

But he was let go from Pochs team after they lost to us end of September 

People say the strangest of things..BBC live Q&A

Anon: If anything was to happen to Harry Kane before the Euros is Ollie Watkins a natural replacement? He seems to score goals for fun with Villa but never seems to replicate it for England.

Phil McNumpty doesn't even attempt to correct the question, highlighting the fact he's scored in his last two appearances, which happened to be over a year apart.

14 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

He’ll always be a great player with his goals and assists. Just not a fan’s favourite 

Thats on the fans then. He scores, assists, works hard defensively. What are they expecting?

He is probably the most complete striker in the league

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Thats on the fans then. He scores, assists, works hard defensively. What are they expecting?

He is probably the most complete striker in the league

Erm no he’s not that’s hilarious 

just to add if he was anywhere near that champions league clubs would be falling over themselves to sign him.

Edited by zab6359
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Erm no he’s not that’s hilarious 

just to add if he was anywhere near that champions league clubs would be falling over themselves to sign him.

Who is more complete? Haaland is better striker naturally but he is not a complete striker, his work rate is miles below Ollies. Nunez is a worse finisher than Ollie

• Haha 1

Â