Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

20 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I don't hate him

Of course you don't 'hate' him. Nobody does. Why can't people ask questions like an adult? I'll try: Why do Villa fans show so much antipathy toward Gabby? Or, if that's too fancy: Why do people seem to dislike Gabby so much?

Agree fully with your post by the way.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I wish we started talking about the all time records, not the ones that start in 1992! 

But more seriously I am delighted with this news, big fan of Watkins.

Just another 200 or so to go and Billy and Harry will have to watch out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I wish we started talking about the all time records, not the ones that start in 1992!

Completely agree. What happens when the Prem is rebranded? We start from zero again?

1 minute ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Agree and disagree

There's less games, these old records are never being beaten, aitkens league appearance record would require 15 years playing every game, the likes of walker and Hamptons goal records are never getting touched, warings record won't be touched by anyone, so you kind of have to fall back on the 20 game a year PL records to make the conversation interesting

Conversely I hate that the NFL do it with the extra game

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There's less games, these old records are never being beaten, aitkens league appearance record would require 15 years playing every game.

With all the cup competitions, there are more games - Aitken took 16 years to reach his record!

If we stay in Europe for a couple of seasons, there's no reason why Ollie might not aim at getting to 100.

• Like 1

Good news, a very good forward and an important component of how we play. It’s good for the club to secure these guys (Mings, McGinn, Konsa, Luiz, Watkins) on long term deals, it shows confidence the players have in the project, trajectory and management, but also shows we are a serious club and the tail isn’t wagging the dog and we have some clout.

However, as a VILLA fan not sure I wholly warm to the “that’s why I stayed” and “Emery is the reason I re-signed”, I would have hoped for more Club respect. Maybe being too prickly!

Just now, villa4europe said:

Agree and disagree

There's less games, these old records are never being beaten, aitkens league appearance record would require 15 years playing every game, the likes of walker and Hamptons goal records are never getting touched, warings record won't be touched by anyone, so you kind of have to fall back on the 20 game a year PL records to make the conversation interesting

The trouble for me is that it seems like a slight erasure or underplaying of history. As adults, we'll work out the differentials. I want to see history how it is, not history that suits a marketing idea.

• Like 1

Happiest I've been for some off reasons since Emery signed. Given the rumoured Arsenal interest, that is an absolutely massive show of faith in the project, really good news to not have his head turned.

Hopefully there's no release clause shenanigans in there, and we'll be seeing him smash our PL scoring record to help erase Agbonlahor from the record books.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Of course you don't 'hate' him. Nobody does. Why can't people ask questions like an adult? I'll try: Why do Villa fans show so much antipathy toward Gabby? Or, if that's too fancy: Why do people seem to dislike Gabby so much?

Agree fully with your post by the way.

How about this one…

Why do certain fans take umbrage to a casual question framed with an informal tone? Is it due to a displaced frustration or deeper seated insecurities?

3 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

How about this one…

Why do certain fans take umbrage to a casual question framed with an informal tone? Is it due to a displaced frustration or deeper seated insecurities?

*deep-seated

My frustration is placed perfectly, thank you.. anyways, go Ollie! Delighted.

I had a feeling it was signed on the same day as the game vs Brighton. Even though it was an unprofessional question to ask him about his contract, his initial reaction sort of gave it away.

I’m happy he’s extended, hopefully he’ll be our all time PL top scorer.

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree and disagree

Quite so. Plus the old W formation pretty much 5 attackers and 5 defenders

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Assuming @Pongo Waring aggressively agrees!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Just found out about this. Nice one Ollie!!

I must admit I've been guilty of overlooking his ability in the past. Every time I have doubted him he's crammed it down my throat, and I'm so glad he has. He's Villa. 

Â