Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Ran with the ball once today, completely fresh off the bench and ran straight into a league 2 CB who had played 80 mins. Garbage footballer.

None our players could beat a man today for some reason. Its like they were all playing wearing Crocs. Thought Dougie was alright.

Edit...shout out to Morgan of course for scoring he was decent too!

Edited by birdman

14 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Ran with the ball once today, completely fresh off the bench and ran straight into a league 2 CB who had played 80 mins. Garbage footballer.

Trash…

league 2 is closer to Watkins level than PL

I'm not sure the second goal is on him - I have a feeling he's not supposed to be the one who goes out to the ball with the Stevenage player - I think he just happens to be the first of our players to see it and the only one to leave his position. Someone (and I'm not sure who) has already blown their assignment when that clip starts - it's somebody's responsibility to be going out to the corner with the Stevenage player and there's no one there. Perhaps it was meant to be Dendoncker and no one had picked the responsibility up - but I don't think it was meant to be Watkins, his job is to protect the near post - he's just the nearest we have to a reaction.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure the second goal is on him - I have a feeling he's not supposed to be the one who goes out to the ball with the Stevenage player - I think he just happens to be the first of our players to see it and the only one to leave his position. Someone (and I'm not sure who) has already blown their assignment when that clip starts - it's somebody's responsibility to be going out to the corner with the Stevenage player and there's no one there. Perhaps it was meant to be Dendoncker and no one had picked the responsibility up - but I don't think it was meant to be Watkins, his job is to protect the near post - he's just the nearest we have to a reaction.

But the point is - when he does realise it's a free man - the effort to get out there is poor.

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

But the point is - when he does realise it's a free man - the effort to get out there is poor.

To be fair he blocks it if the guy shoots for the far post. How a professional keeper gets beaten at his near post there is beyond me. 

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

To be fair he blocks it if the guy shoots for the far post. How a professional keeper gets beaten at his near post there is beyond me. 

Plenty of blame for Olsen for sure.

8 hours ago, Tom13 said:

It’s the lack of pace, it’s his desire to faintly stick out a leg knowing he won’t get anywhere near it. It’s a short corner and he needs to do better. Ollie needs to take some blame here. 

• Like 1

Â