Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, Adman said:

My lad has just shown me his Instagram, apparently has removed all villa stuff from it. Or something.

Apart from his bio which says Avfc and his profile picture of him in a Villa kit? And the 30-odd additional posts of him in a Villa kit? ;)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Only2McInallys said:

I cannot believe some of the comments on here such as “he was rubbish last season” ,utter garbage.

He I not playing well at the moment but it’s not if we have been creating lots of chances for him to miss.

He hasn’t scored for a few games and his confidence is probably very low.I think buying Ings in the summer has affected him.

I don’t know if others remember when we signed Peter Crouch,he had a very slow start,fans started to get on his back .We had to sell him at a loss for 2 million and he ended up at Liverpool and Spurs where his value rose to 12 million.Great business Villa.

With the right team set up and fans behind him I think he can be a very good premier league player as he showed in his first season.

He wasn't garbage last season, but his limitations were very apparent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Ollie is a quality forward but competition is there for a reason. Time for Ings to get a run of games the same way Ollie got. I dont want either to go anywhere. 

Truly an incredible striker (for Championship-level football). I feel it's easy to forget how rare and unusual a top PL-level striker is, and in all but the most elite-of-the-elite contexts, Ollie is a magician. But he's simply not, consistently, PL quality, and I don't think he'll ever be. He can still have a marvelous career, and I hope he does, but   if he's our primary striker, I think we're in for some long-term hurt. I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Ollie is a quality forward but competition is there for a reason. Time for Ings to get a run of games the same way Ollie got. I dont want either to go anywhere. 

I've a strong feeling Watkins is one of those changes Gerrard was referring to in his post match interview.

Doesn't deserve to start when he's on a bad run of form and we've a proven goalscorer at this level waiting to come in. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I was surprised when I saw before the Newcastle game Watkins had only started the previous two games centrally. So he’s not had a very long run.

Before that, Ings started four games straight. So Ings hasn’t been benched for long.

In my mind, I thought Watkins had started at least five in a row and that Ings hadn’t started in a long time.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AV82 said:

One idiot out of a 50000 fanbase does not reflect on our fans. Mist have been very supportive of ollie

Edit to be honest that looks fake. Probably some sad loser making something  up to get attention and likes 

Edited by Demitri_C

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

One idiot out of a 50000 fanbase does not reflect on our fans. Mist have been very supportive of ollie

Edit to be honest that looks fake. Probably some sad loser making something  up to get attention and likes 

Well if they have, it looks like he hasn't seen it..

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Well if they have, it looks like he hasn't seen it..

Wouldn’t surprise me, he doesn’t see his teammates on the pitch most of the time if that’s anything to go by 😂

Â