Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

37 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Sky sports casually dropping him in as a potential replacement for Auba. I should be used to it, it shouldn’t annoy me but it does.

He's an Arsenal fan so hopefully not true. Especially if they get top 4 this year. 

It’s annoying when Sky commentators attempt to broker the deal on behalf of everyone. They need to keep their noses out. 
However, the fee for Watkins to go to Arsenal would be massive. £70/75million easily. You don’t buy an English striker to replace someone like Aubameyang on the cheap! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Well, as everybody's been saying, striker is a position of strength for us at the moment, so I'd listen to the offer for sure.

strength in that we have one striker who starts each week who scores goals

We've yet to find a way to get Ings in the team and scoring, Archer has promise but unlikely to start any time soon and Davies who is almost definitely likely to go on loan in Jan.

not our weakest position but by no means our strongest by a long way, even if Bailey and Traore were fit.

I think he's garbage on the left and garbage straight down the middle. Just a very poor footballer who's blessed with a workrate that will let him off. 

Personally he's a far worse footballer than Ings, problem is Ings himself isn't looking up to it currently and for whatever reason they just can't work together. 

If you have to play 1 it's Ings for me no matter what. 

Your man just needs to run the channels. Win headers and get in behind and score goals....and he's very very good at it.

No offence at all but he doesn't have the intelligence to play off anyone or the touch to come deep or the ability to run with the ball or the quick feet and brain to receive it in congested areas and play.

It's not going to happen.

No.9 long striker or out.

Well sadly he doesn't look comfortable in the role of provider, his instincts aren't to pass or look up. I would have thought he and Ings have trained together enough to work something out.

The irony is our midfield is getting better and better but our attacking threat has fallen apart.

• Like 1

We need the Ollie back from last season.  This Ollie or clone is a poor version of last season, makes bad decisions and people thinking it's because of Ings, you can blame that but Ollie has had plenty of time on the time on his own and been poor.  Thankfully he's still scored some goals but I seriously want the Ollie we had last season back because this one is not doing it.  Hopefully second half of the season he comes out flying because something needs to improve.

• Like 1

Â