Academy General Topic

smetrov

The 23-man England squad

Goalkeepers

Marcus Bettinelli (Fulham), Jonathan Bond (Watford), Jack Butland (Stoke City)

Defenders

Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Luke Garbutt (Everton), Ben Gibson (Middlesbrough), Carl Jenkinson (Arsenal, on loan at West Ham United), Michael Keane (Burnley), Liam Moore (Leicester City), John Stones (Everton), Matt Targett (Southampton)

Midfielders

Tom Carroll (Tottenham Hotspur), Nathaniel Chalobah (Chelsea), Will Hughes (Derby County), Jake Forster-Caskey (Brighton & Hove Albion), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea), Alex Pritchard (Tottenham Hotspur), Nathan Redmond (Norwich City), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)

Forwards

Saido Berahino (West Bromwich Albion), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Danny Ings (Burnley),

Depressing.

cant think of any of our players that is probably good enough to get in maybe Steer or if he declared Grealish

its a pretty strong squad though I remember 2009 MIlner, Gardner and Gabby went and 2007 Cahill and Young, Whittingham and then Davies, Carson who would sign for us that summer plus Milner 

Isaac Nehemie? I thought he was the next big thing. Didn't we pinch him from Southampton last year??

Was about to say the same with him supposedly a good prospect. I'd heard about Alfie Crooks too. Is there any write up about the leaving players?

Isaac Nehemie? I thought he was the next big thing. Didn't we pinch him from Southampton last year??

He got released by southampton and we picked him up

Was about to say the same with him supposedly a good prospect. I'd heard about Alfie Crooks too. Is there any write up about the leaving players?

There's just a list of the released players on the os which is more than there normally is

Nehemie is a strange one, we only signed him last summer.

I wouldn't imagine it is a common practice to give out one year deals to 18 year old prospects?

It does sometimes happen when young players have been let go by other clubs

I may be completely inventing this in my memory, so apologies to the lad if I've dreamed it, but didn't Nehemie have a really, really bad game at some point (possibly on debut)?

Anyway, it seems like we're letting an awful lot of kids go this year. Is there actually anyone left?

I may be completely inventing this in my memory, so apologies to the lad if I've dreamed it, but didn't Nehemie have a really, really bad game at some point (possibly on debut)?

Anyway, it seems like we're letting an awful lot of kids go this year. Is there actually anyone left?

I can't comment on the first part of your post but yes i think we have let a lot go this year but the majority of them were nowhere near good enough in reality.

I can't comment on the first part of your post but yes i think we have let a lot go this year but the majority of them were nowhere near good enough in reality.

Out of interest, (I know names but don't follow the youth team enough to form any opinions on the players) is there anybody in the youth/reserve team that you feel is good enough to take the next step? Any players who we could see starting to make the bench in the next 12 months? Just wondering if players like Kinsella, Sellars etc. Will make it

In my opinion, none of kinsella, sellars or calder will make it here but they will have good careers in the game but that's only my opinion

IMO Grealish is our best homegrown hope for the foreseeable. After that, Robinson, Toner, Green, Hepburn-Murphy, and Suliman have a chance of becoming Premier League players. They probably won't all make it at that level, but they are the prospects with the potential to do so imo. 

In my opinion, none of kinsella, sellars or calder will make it here but they will have good careers in the game but that's only my opinion

IMO Grealish is our best homegrown hope for the foreseeable. After that, Robinson, Toner, Green, Hepburn-Murphy, and Suliman have a chance of becoming Premier League players. They probably won't all make it at that level, but they are the prospects with the potential to do so imo. 

Any idea how finnish youth player Joonas Sundman has done in Villa?

I agree with you

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4795355,00.html

Lewis Kinsella is set to continue his claret and blue stay - by signing a new deal with Villa.

Kinsella will pen a one-year deal in the next few weeks to extend his time in B6.

The 20-year-old left-back joined Villa from Arsenal as a young academy graduate in 2011 and has progressed through the youth levels.

Kinsella joined in training with the first team soon after Tim Sherwood's arrival and the Watford-born defender was in and around the squad for the games against Newcastle and West Brom.

He was an unused sub for games against the Baggies in the FA Cup, Sunderland and Swansea.

He was drafted in on matchdays due to the injuries of recognised left-backs Aly Cissokho and Kieran Richardson.

Sherwood, speaking after bringing him into the reckoning, said: "Lewis has done well.

"He is a player you recognise on the pitch. For a young boy he's not shy.

"I know his name. Sometimes you see kids and I've been at the club for a year and I still don't know their name and they've trained with us 100 times.

"That isn't what I'm looking for."

Kinsella was buzzing after being brought into the senior set-up under Sherwood.

He said: "It was unbelievable to get the call. I didn't expect it.

"Everything you imagined it would be like, it is - and more.

"It was incredible. It was like a dream come true.

"It has given me a huge lift to be involved.

"To be with the first team for that Newcastle game was a brilliant experience.

"The two West Brom games were fantastic.

"The cup match had an unbelievable atmosphere. It was great to be part of.

"With the new gaffer, everyone is getting opportunities. Kev pushes on young players too.

"We are just desperate to show what we have for the gaffer."

Scholars Anes Omerovic, Joonas Sundman, Moustafa Zeidan, Charlie Bannister, Rory Hale, Harry McKirdy are all set to sign their first professional contracts with the club.

Riccardo Calder, Henry Cowans, Tom Leggett, Jerrell Sellars, Benjamin Siegrist, Ben Swift,Brad Watkins, Josh Webb are all signing contract extensions.

Niall Mason is joining us as a professional player after being released by Southampton.

Liam Bateman is signing a monthly contract with us.

Â