Academy General Topic

smetrov

Apparently some youth team players will make the squad this week and could get debuts due to injuries/suspensions. Ricardo Calder and Henry Cowans are the names the Birmingham Mail mentioned. They may make the squad but highly doubt Lambert will use them, he doesn't even use the youngsters already in the squad.

Apparently some youth team players will make the squad this week and could get debuts due to injuries/suspensions. Ricardo Calder and Henry Cowans are the names the Birmingham Mail mentioned. They may make the squad but highly doubt Lambert will use them, he doesn't even use the youngsters already in the squad.

What injuries, that we need to bring in youth players?

What injuries, that we need to bring in youth players?

Senderos, Baker, Cole, Westwood, Kozak injured. Hutton, Cleverley, Richardson suspended.

It was a different article form earlier that mentioned Cowans and Calder.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-facing-selection-crisis-8314812

Paul Lambert has a selection crisis at Aston Villa this weekend.

Philippe Senderos (calf), Nathan Baker (knee), Joe Cole (hamstring), Ashley Westwood(knee) and Libor Kozak (broken leg) are all injured, while Alan Hutton, Kieran Richardson and Tom Cleverley are suspended.

It means that a number of youth team players will be included in the squad and they could even get a first-team bow against Manchester United.

Edited by Pembers

I think we'll probably need at least one, maybe two?

There are sixteen outfield players named, right? By my count, the following are fit and available:

DEF: Cissokho, Clark, Okore, Vlaar, Lowton, Herd

MID: Bacuna, Delph, Sanchez, N'Zogbia, Grealish

FWD: Weimann, Agbonlahor, Benteke, Robinson

If you include 2 GK's, that's 16, whereas we need 18 to fill the bench. Unless I'm missing someone? 

• 3 weeks later...

Something must be wrong with our first  team, they are horrible this season.

Are these players poor overall or we are playing with younger years (1996 and younger)?

Fixed!

Aston Villa signing tipped to be the next John Terry

Ben Swift isn't a name many Aston Villa fans will be familiar with - but soon he could be a big part of the club's future.

The 17-year-old defender signed pro-terms with the club last week and has been tipped to be the new John Terry by a man who knows him better than most.

His former Maidstone academy boss Jack Parkinson says he will be a Premier League star of the future and likens him to the Chelsea legend.

He told Kent Online : "He's got a long way to go but with the help of the coaching team up there, I've got a feeling he'll play for the first team.

"Watching him, he reminds me of John Terry in the way he throws himself in the way of shots.

"It doesn't matter what part of his body it hits - his head, his backside, his knee - he just wants to stop the ball.

"He's an out-and-out defender and I've not seen many with his heart and desire at that age for a long time.

"If he can do a little bit of work on his feet and his distribution I think he'll make it because he's good in the air and a good size."

For the time being Swift has signed a six-month contract and has a chance to impress in the U21 set-up.

Norwich U18 0-6 Villa U18: Young guns kick off 2015 in style

Villa made a storming start to 2015 by hitting Norwich for six in the Barclays U18 Premier League.

Tony McAndrew's team started the New Year as they ended the previous one with a rampant attacking display.

This result at the Canaries' Colney Training Centre means the young Villa outfit have now scored 13 goals in their last two league outings.

Harry McKirdy opened the scoring on 23 minutes, converting Anes Omerovic's pass after some good closing down by Callum O'Hare.

On 34 minutes, Andre Green scored from close range after more excellent work from O'Hare down the right hand side.

Green bagged a second just before the break. He collected McKirdy's pass before showing great strength to finish off a superb team move which started on the edge of Villa's own penalty area.

Goal number four arrived on 54 minutes when Rory Hale stroked home a penalty, before substitute Rushian Hepburn-Murphy prodded home the fifth.

Ten minutes from time, McKirdy rounded the goalkeeper to score his second of the game.

VILLA: Forth, Swift, Lyons-Foster, Sundman, Suliman, Green (Lewis 70), Zeidan (Taylor 31), Omerovic (Hepburn-Murphy HT), O'Hare, McKirdy, Hale. Unused subs: Hailey, Bannister.

• 1 month later...
Â