£90 to book a 90s gig

NurembergVillan

Appalling lack of Ace Of Base on that list.  Nevertheless...

• Radiohead
  • Vengaboys
  • The Prodigy
  • The Chemical Brothers
  • Tori Amos

From bottom to top, in that running order too.

• Haha 1

Bit of a random mix but I'd have Nirvana, Stone Roses, Prodigy and Jeff Buckley. To see so many heroes of mine come back from the dead to perform would have to be the best £90 ever spent. 

A tenner to see Super Jeff is just absurd be like selling Jack to Spurs for £10m and Onomah. 

I didn't go for Bowie because Bowie in the 90's was shit (I actually did see him at the end of the 80s / start of the 90s). If it was the early or mid 70's (before Scary Monsters) I'd have had him on the list in a flash

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

Where the f***ing metal?!

Get Vengaboys booked up and if they opt to go deep into their expansive back-catalogue you might get some of their blackgaze-era stuff.

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, bickster said:

So many Shed Seven fans. The mind boggles

Was never a huge fan but I saw them earlier this year and came away quite impressed  , lead singer has some personality about him and the band themselves sounded pretty good .

They ended with Chasing rainbows and no word of a lie pretty much the whole audience left the venue singing it at the top of their voices  , even as people poured out into Brixton high street  where it continued for some time   .. Never seen that at a gig before

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Appalling lack of Ace Of Base on that list.  Nevertheless...

• Radiohead
  • Vengaboys
  • The Prodigy
  • The Chemical Brothers
  • Tori Amos

From bottom to top, in that running order too.

Good spot for the Vengas there.  Almost but not quite akin to when Reading festival had Daphne & Celeste warm up for Slipknot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Was never a huge fan but I saw them earlier this year and came away quite impressed  , lead singer has some personality about him and the band themselves sounded pretty good .

They ended with Chasing rainbows and no word of a lie pretty much the whole audience left the venue singing it at the top of their voices  , even as people poured out into Brixton high street  where it continued for some time   .. Never seen that at a gig before

Always fell into the distinctly average category for me

• Like 1

Amazed at the radiohead love from a forum that doesn't know who Thom Yorke is :)

probably mentioned it at the time , but at my daughters school concert one of the kids decided he was going  to play Radiohead on his guitar , was about 2 minutes into him tuning his guitar when we all realised ,  he wasn't tuning , it was the actual song he was playing  . I like some of their stuff but way way way too  much of their material is a miss for me , I'd use their set to head to the bar and stock up beer

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Amazed at the radiohead love from a forum that doesn't know who Thom Yorke is :)

probably mentioned it at the time , but at my daughters school concert one of the kids decided he was going  to play Radiohead on his guitar , was about 2 minutes into him tuning his guitar when we all realised ,  he wasn't tuning , it was the actual song he was playing  . I like some of their stuff but way way way too  much of their material is a miss for me , I'd use their set to head to the bar and stock up beer

You are Phil E Stien, I claim my £5

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Good spot for the Vengas there.  Almost but not quite akin to when Reading festival had Daphne & Celeste warm up for Slipknot.

Everybody gangsta until The Vengabus rolls into town.

• Haha 1

I'm going the boring options with Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Weezer.

All were great fun live in the 90's and I assume it's a time travel deal where they play the stuff from that era?

Super Furry Animals

Alabama 3

Catatonia

Manic Street Preachers

Derrero

Topper

Novocaine

Dub War

60ft Dolls

Llwybr Llaethog

Murry The Hump

Skindred

Alun Tan Lan

Big Leaves 

Helen Love

Tystion

Derek Jarman

The other £60 I’d spend on merch and drinks.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Super Furry Animals

Alabama 3

Catatonia

Manic Street Preachers

Derrero

Topper

Novocaine

Dub War

60ft Dolls

Llwybr Llaethog

Murry The Hump

Skindred

Alun Tan Lan

Big Leaves 

Helen Love

Tystion

Derek Jarman

The other £60 I’d spend on merch and drinks.

I see a pattern. That said can I paypal the 90 quid. 

• Like 1

Â