Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Delusional.

Surviving for another season would still be great success.

Would bite your hand off if you offered me 17th right now.

People may laugh at that but listen to what Purslow said about our wage restrictions. The main thing is to stay in the league for the next couple of seasons. We can then start competing and offer average Premier League wages.

This will be a slow rebuild. Finishing 12th with this squad would be overachieving.

Stfu you troll. All you do is moan and groan. Our board fortunately has higher ambitions than you. I can assure you if we finish 17th Smith will not longer be our manager.

Im not saying we are going to storm the league. But to think we can’t finish above WBA, Fulham, West Ham, Newcastle, Palace, Leeds, Brighton....that’s delusional and sad.

Edited by Mark_1989

...and as I say that Zaha buries one to put Palace ahead...  I wouldn't mind paying 70 Million for him to show Jack our ambition.  Imagine the pace of a front trio of Zaha, Watkins, & Rashica with Grealish, McGinn, & Luiz pinging passes into them!!!

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

...and as I say that Zaha buries one to put Palace ahead...  I wouldn't mind paying 70 Million for him to show Jack our ambition.  Imagine the pace of a front trio of Zaha, Watkins, & Rashica with Grealish, McGinn, & Luiz pinging passes into them!!!

You just jinxed it my friend

Bamford starting for Leeds ahead of Rodrigo, their team doesn't look all that strong, a lot of players stll there from when they were finishing midtable in the championship a few seasons back. Bielsa had them playing at a level above the sum of their parts in the championship he'll be doing well to repeat that in the premier league.

Disappointing to see Palace win. They had a pretty good start to last season aswell which pulled them well clear of bottom 3 early on.

I still think we can finish above them if we get off to a good start but they certainly know how to grind out a 1-0 win against teams of a similar level to them and we still have to prove that on a consistant basis this season.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Disappointing to see Palace win. They had a pretty good start to last season aswell which pulled them well clear of bottom 3 early on.

I still think we can finish above them if we get off to a good start but they certainly know how to grind out a 1-0 win against teams of a similar level to them and we still have to prove that on a consistant basis this season.

Turns out their poor form were down to the beach thing.

Â