Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Delusional.

Surviving for another season would still be great success.

Would bite your hand off if you offered me 17th right now.

People may laugh at that but listen to what Purslow said about our wage restrictions. The main thing is to stay in the league for the next couple of seasons. We can then start competing and offer average Premier League wages.

This will be a slow rebuild. Finishing 12th with this squad would be overachieving.

Who do you see getting relegated?

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Delusional.

Surviving for another season would still be great success.

Would bite your hand off if you offered me 17th right now.

It's not delusional. 

It's optimistic, my personal target for Villa this season is 45 points. That's 3 wins above relegation.

That could mean 12th, that could mean 15th.

But it's not delusional to hope for an improvement on last season, in fact it's a sensible thing to do rather than aiming to stand still.

• Like 1

It’s too early to predict the Premier League placings, with the transfer window still open so much can change. But let’s give it a go anyway. 

1. Man Citeh
  2. Liverplop
  3. Chelski
  4. Manure
  5. Arse
  6. Tottingham
  7. Fox F**ckers
  8. Dog heads
  9. Southampton
  10. Merseyside Blues
  11. Greasy Chip Butties
  12. The Mighty Aston Villa
  13. Northern Clarets
  14. Seagull Shaggers
  15. Woy’s Wanderers
  16. Wet Spam
  17. Bielsa’s Bottlers
  18. Barcodes
  19. Pimms FC
  20. Sandwell Town

Easy money!

Think Newcastle have had a relatively successfull transfer window.

Wilson and Frazer should be ready to go and with Saint Maxim and Almiron, Newcastle have enough to create a pretty dangerous front line. 

I think they'll be safe, whether Bruce survives the season or not.

49 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It's not delusional. 

It's optimistic, my personal target for Villa this season is 45 points. That's 3 wins above relegation.

That could mean 12th, that could mean 15th.

But it's not delusional to hope for an improvement on last season, in fact it's a sensible thing to do rather than aiming to stand still.

I agree with that, nothing wrong or out of the ordinary to hope for a mid table finish. I don’t think the owners would be pleased with scraping survival for a second year after the outlay on transfer fees over the last two Summer windows (assuming the supposed targets of Rashica and Martinez come in).  In my opinion there is not that large a gap between 9th and 20th and that should not be insurmountable. I think with better  luck On the injury front and with a bit more experience of playing together as a team we can hope for a steadier season at least.

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

We will be mid table after this weekend  with a game in hand, brilliant start

New contract for Smith? 

We’ll have two games in hand before we play Fulham the following Monday. Imagine if we win both games and are in the top 4, and then Rashica joins. I won’t be able to contain my bodily fluids. 

• Like 1

What is it with Leeds and the press.  Last night described as a sleeping giant of English football despite Blues spending more time in top flight than them. Today BBC said they should comfortably finish top half. 

They just love Leeds. 

Edited by sidcow

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

What is it with Leeds and the press.  Last night described as a sleeping giant of English football despise Blues spending more time in top flight than them. Today BBC said they should comfortably finish top half. 

They just love Leeds. 

Not forgetting how they came here to tell us they could solve our money troubles. They can do it all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Today BBC said they should comfortably finish top half. 

This is really odd - for me there are nine teams that are a distance apart from the rest - of the eleven teams in the lower half of the division, I reckon you can pretty much throw a blanket over the lot (including us and Leeds) the idea that one team will easily take 10th is just strange. There's a big gap between the idea of Leeds and the squad and I think ultimately that's going to make life a lot more difficult for them this season - the expectation that's being loaded onto them won't be at all helpful.

13 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

New contract for Smith? 

We’ll have two games in hand before we play Fulham the following Monday. Imagine if we win both games and are in the top 4, and then Rashica joins. I won’t be able to contain my bodily fluids. 

Jim Carrey Yes GIF

• Like 1

Â