Sohna, Harrison Sheriff (Offer) 
Sohna, Myles Baboucarr (Offer) 
Sylla Diallo, Mamadou 
Young, Bradley Jamie Ethan 
Zito, Patrick Tchuako 

Released

Bazeley, Isaiah Robert Graham
Birch, Jack David
Chester, James Grant (Contract extension)
Doyle Hayes, Jake Billy
Gonzalez Tomas, Borja
Green, Andre Jay (Contract extension)
Hepburn-Murphy, Rushian Marcus Amori
Hooper, Anton Abeku
McCormack, Ross
O'Hare, Callum Luke
Odutayo, Colin Ladipo
Sarkic, Matjia (Contract extension)
Sea, Dimitri Disseka
Searle, Jamie Spencer

• Thanks 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Ross McCormack released? Suprised at that, seemed to have such a great future. 

He'll have a drink to celebrate a new chapter in his life.

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Ross McCormack released? Suprised at that, seemed to have such a great future. 

When Wesley got injured we played El Ghazi up front for about 3 weeks when we had a 12 million pound superstar still on the books 😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

When Wesley got injured we played El Ghazi up front for about 3 weeks when we had a 12 million pound superstar still on the books 😂

He probably weighs 12 million pounds at the moment

Edited by punkymonkey666
Spelling
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

So this means Chester has a contract offer pending or we had offered a contract and is now being released?

We extended his contract until the end of the season instead of June 30. I imagine its an insurance regarding what division we are in and probably give him a new deal if go down

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

So this means Chester has a contract offer pending or we had offered a contract and is now being released?

It means their contract is extended until the end of the season, I think due to Covid? they're senior players.

I wish Chester the best of luck. That man put his body on the line for us, and if he has any ambition to work on his badges and go in to coaching, we should welcome him back and support his next steps. there haven't been many better servants to the club over the last decade.

I always thought Green and Hepburn-Murphy would amount to nothing. Prove me wrong, lads. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

It is very sad how few academy players have ever made it in our first team on a regular basis..... and considering how shite we have been for a decade, does this not mean our academy program is even shiter?

27 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

It is very sad how few academy players have ever made it in our first team on a regular basis..... and considering how shite we have been for a decade, does this not mean our academy program is even shiter?

well I blame the management for that because a lot of them are better than some of the shit we had and never got a chance. Maybe we still would have went down but would have saved money playing likes of Johnson, Hogg, Robinson over some of crap we had

Lambert I cant remember blooding any youngsters and was sort of forced to play Jack and was very reluctant, Bruce gave Davis a run out of necessity and not many others. Was mainly Houllier and McLeish who gave our youngsters a chance

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well I blame the management for that because a lot of them are better than some of the shit we had and never got a chance. Maybe we still would have went down but would have saved money playing likes of Johnson, Hogg, Robinson over some of crap we had

Lambert I cant remember blooding any youngsters and was sort of forced to play Jack and was very reluctant, Bruce gave Davis a run out of necessity and not many others. Was mainly Houllier and McLeish who gave our youngsters a chance

Totally agree, is Andre Green that much worse than Trez for example. There have been a few of our players that have decent careers that were never given a look in here....

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

It was 10 years ago this year when we drew 2-2 with Man Utd in the league, we had 7 payers feature in that game that had come through our youth system at various stages in their career, apart from cup games thats the most I can ever remember. Suppose it was a combination of having a poor small squad and injuries. 

Our youth team used to challenge for the title every year back then, now we've been in the 2nd tier for a good few years.

We even won the NextGen series in 2012, so disappointing that only Jack made it from that side.

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 2

Â