Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

They didn'twant Luiz back, Porro no idea and Lavia clause doesn't kick in until next year.

City had 20 million buy back on Porro until the summer after this and also lost Cancelo last window. If this bullshit is true they could have brought him back and earned double from Spurs or played him

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I agree with your point but many on here think he is guaranteed come back as we have a buyback clause

Real Madrid and Barcelona seem the only 2 teams to ever activate these clauses because they are elite clubs

I like the fact that we are thinking in the same way.  I can't remember a time when we could have done this at any point since I started supporting Villa in 1978.  I still don't think this deal would be on the cards if Aaron wasn't such a big Villa fan.  As it is the chance to come back and start for his schoolboy team (possibly alongside his brother) is still very much possible.  When we can do similar for academy players who have no real affilation with Villa - that's when we'll know we're playing in a different universe to what we've grown used to.  Can't wait!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

City had 20 million buy back on Porro until the summer after this and also lost Cancelo last window. If this bullshit is true they could have brought him back and earned double from Spurs or played him

City also had 30%sell on clause with Porro, so perhaps they were content with that. They may not have wanted Porro back on their books in case they couldn't do a deal with Spurs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

My gut feel is that City are probably know wishing that they had activated Luiz's buyback as he's know worth three or four times that know and would absolutely not look out of place in the City midfield.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, allani said:

My gut feel is that City are probably know wishing that they had activated Luiz's buyback as he's know worth three or four times that know and would absolutely not look out of place in the City midfield.

City wouldnt have been able to give him the playing time to get to this level, its the same with us and Ramsey.

23 hours ago, allani said:

He wasn't the same player at the time, luckily for us, the stars aligned with the timing of his coming of age.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

14m with add Ons and buy back. Not bad at all to be honest 

14m proft ffp as well that will help with a big name striker

Sorry to disappoint you but we aren't signing a big name striker

Â