Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

I would be very surprised if this has any truth in it. There is no report of how villa have responded and only one minor source talking about it at all. As many have said, it makes no sense to sell him at all and certainly not at the pittance reported. He is incredibly highly thought of at Villa and if he wasn't currently injured would have been fully involved in our preseason games.

This preseason has been so full of highs that something is bound to upset us sooner or later. That's the villa fan mentality. This sale would be stupidity rather than sad though. It's not like a big club coming in and the player wants to leave. It's Burnley!

Sell one of our best youth products for 12m before he's even hit 21 and that's a good deal? It's pure profit?

FFP got you people going crazy

What an absolutely load of shite.

We shouldn't be selling our local lads and crowd jewels. The story is nonsense but the fact people think it's okay highlights how lost this club is becoming.

• Like 2

Ehhhh!!! Calm down

This isn’t SG 

Does anyone really think Unai Emery would let an emerging highly regarded talent go…and for a pitence?

In UE we trust 😁👍

Edited by Vincenzo

I don't know if we should be selling our academy players but Burnley under Kompany are not an unattractive proposition if there is any truth in the rumour. They have already spent £70 million on players and we are not exactly short of midfield players. Obviously I'd rather we kept him though.

I was just reading an article where we could sell him to Burnley with a clause like the one Man city had for Douglas Luiz, meaning we could have a guarantee, should he prosper there, that we can buy him back for a set fee. That definitely works for me.

Alan Nixon has apparently said this

'Burnley and Aston Villa are close to a £12 million deal for Aaron Ramsey - with a buy back clause agreed. Burnley are happy to pay the fee - the only hurdle is Ramsey agreeing terms with Villa if he returns to them in the ‘buy back’ scenario'

Sounds stupid to me, this of all seasons should have been the one where we had scope to give him game time, he's the best attacker we have in our academy that's ready for first team football, and as soon as he proves himself at first team level we sell him off, not a good look selling our two best academy players two summers in a row, if he goes and is a regular for Burnley it actually wouldn't surprise me if he outperformed all our attackers other than Waktins and Diaby, whatever terms we're trying to agree with him should he return we should just keep him and give him that contract now, selling Ramsey would put a massive dampner on everything.

• Like 1

Article in Mirror now saying that Ramsey has agreed terms with Burnley, so looks like it's going ahead as long as he can agree terms with us on possible return.

Why we couldn't have just loaned him out I don't know, there are other players we should be selling to raise money before selling Ramsey.

As sad as it is  this is what will happen more and more. Just as we had to get used to playing out from the back in many ways. A new way of doing things. He has massive competition for a spot in our squad. And maybe just maybe this is a way of not stopping his development while giving us an option to buy him back if he is good enough. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, useless said:

Article in Mirror now saying that Ramsey has agreed terms with Burnley, so looks like it's going ahead as long as he can agree terms with us on possible return.

Why we couldn't have just loaned him out I don't know, there are other players we should be selling to raise money before selling Ramsey.

Maybe the player wants a permanent move rather than a loan ? He needs stability at his age and regular starting time. Much rather we sold Buendia over Ramsey but you also need to factor in what’s best for the player. By selling him to Burnley, he gets to play regularly knowing if he does well we will buy him back with view to playing him. If he goes out on loan there’s no certainly he will come back into our first team squad next season. Plus maybe he wants to prove himself away from his brother who’ll he will be compared against unfairly.. 

• Like 2

FFS fans banging on about "pure profit" when we are selling one of our top home grown academy players for 12mill. 

We shouldn't be selling him at all..loan to prem club will do. I know the club have stepped up a level in all areas but im fuming about this. All this buyback clause stuff is just trying to be clever when you are being stupid. We aren't Man City, we aren't awash with world class players and this isn't some Brazilian we picked up when he was 15 who has no connection to the club. If it was for what he's worth than maybe that could give some solace but 12 mill, we paid more than that for some from the MLS who is the definition of raw and who couldn't dream of ever being on a level to Ramsey technically.

God I hope we do have a great season to distract me cos there's loads of little things that annoy me about us "levelling up" on and off the field.

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, useless said:

Alan Nixon has apparently said this

'Burnley and Aston Villa are close to a £12 million deal for Aaron Ramsey - with a buy back clause agreed. Burnley are happy to pay the fee - the only hurdle is Ramsey agreeing terms with Villa if he returns to them in the ‘buy back’ scenario'

Sounds stupid to me, this of all seasons should have been the one where we had scope to give him game time, he's the best attacker we have in our academy that's ready for first team football, and as soon as he proves himself at first team level we sell him off, not a good look selling our two best academy players two summers in a row, if he goes and is a regular for Burnley it actually wouldn't surprise me if he outperformed all our attackers other than Waktins and Diaby, whatever terms we're trying to agree with him should he return we should just keep him and give him that contract now, selling Ramsey would put a massive dampner on everything.

The buy back clause is going to be worthless if he has a couple of good seasons then he’ll be off to Liverpool or Chelsea.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

The buy back clause is going to be worthless if he has a couple of good seasons then he’ll be off to Liverpool or Chelsea.

The buy back clause means he cannot, look at Xavi Simons, lots of people wanted him but PSG hold the cards on keep or sell now he is established.

A buy back sets price and conditions, if he wanted elsewhere he would have to buy out the buy back 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villanmac said:

FFS fans banging on about "pure profit" when we are selling one of our top home grown academy players for 12mill. 

We shouldn't be selling him at all..loan to prem club will do. I know the club have stepped up a level in all areas but im fuming about this. All this buyback clause stuff is just trying to be clever when you are being stupid. We aren't Man City, we aren't awash with world class players and this isn't some Brazilian we picked up when he was 15 who has no connection to the club. If it was for what he's worth than maybe that could give some solace but 12 mill, we paid more than that for some from the MLS who is the definition of raw and who couldn't dream of ever being on a level to Ramsey technically.

God I hope we do have a great season to distract me cos there's loads of little things that annoy me about us "levelling up" on and off the field.

It is frustrating but you havent considered the most important person in this. Aaron.  Does he want to go on loan again ? Does he want to be squad member 25 of a 25 man squad and barely get on the pitch  ? Does he want to compete with his brother  ? ...

Or does he want to test himself in the Prem playing for a good young manager   while knowing if he does well it could catapult him into stardom and let him continue to develop . 

If it is £12 mill then that suggests we feel he has a good chance of making it  but we simply cannot offer him the gametime needed so have put a buy back clause in. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

That wouldn’t be a buy back clause, it would be an option to buy. Buy back means if we want him back he is ours.

• Like 1

Â