Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

28 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Like how we sold McGinn to Man United for £50m because Nixon said so 🤣🤣🤣

I reckon every journalist who has ever put out some "ITK" has failed with some of them (although I thought Nixon said Man Utd had made a bid, not that he had gone?).

But, hey, it generates discussion.

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I don’t think there’s any harm in selling the likes of Ramsey or Bogarde as long as we can do what the likes of Citeh do and pop a buy back clause in there.

Ryan Reynolds But Why GIF - Ryan Reynolds But Why - Discover ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It will either be a loan,  or a much bigger fee than 10m. I reckon a loan is far far more likely. 

im torn, a 10m fee now would probably feel about right. Hes not really achieved anything and we have had many similar youngsters that have faded away. If that fee got anywhere near 12-15m i think thats a tricky decision for the club based on a player that hasnt made an appearance yet (i think).

• Like 1

He's achieved more than any of our other academy players, he's one of the better players in his age group in the country, he's proven as a top end Championship player when he was still a teenager, ten or twelve million isn't the going rate for a player of his massive potential.

Same people saying to sell him for around ten million are probably some of the same people saying we should spend £25m on Alex Scott who isn't much better if at all, the people asking for Scott state that it's because he reminds them of Grealish, Scott can't even get in the England teams ahead of Ramsey in the attacking positions he has to play as DM.

People are fickle with this kind of thing, Archer scores a goal at Championship level and suddenly he's a world beater who would bury all the chances Watkins misses, he has a quiet game in a meaningless friendly and then he's not going to be good enough, Ramsey does well in a Championship game and he's going to be better than his brother, he gets an injury so is out of th picture for a while so he's out of people's minds and he hasn't achieved much, Philogene wasn't getting many goals and assists last season so not many were taking much notice of how well he was doing, not many were talking about him being part of the first team squad this coming season, infact there was a rumour that Stoke were going to sign him and no one responded in a surprised or aghast way at such proposal, then he has a couple of good pre-season games and people insistent that he must be part of the first team squad next season

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Chuck is a good argument i think, as is Dhuran. 

On the other hand we'll probably lose Kienan Davies for next to nothing and he was playing more for the team at a similar age. 

I wonder with Aaron whether his cost increases because of his brother?

We missed the boat with Davis. A hangover from when our academy wasn't well run. That and his injuries prevented him getting loans/ game time. 

Hopefully Ramsey's injury is a one off in that respect, and he's done more in the championship than Davis did, at a younger age

2 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

im torn, a 10m fee now would probably feel about right. Hes not really achieved anything and we have had many similar youngsters that have faded away. If that fee got anywhere near 12-15m i think thats a tricky decision for the club based on a player that hasnt made an appearance yet (i think).

Carney sold for £20m, Ramsey is of the same ilk (probably done more on loan). No way we sell for £10m

4 hours ago, skarroki said:

Right sorry, I just had a lot of thoughts on it and laid them all out in a response to you. 

Overall I agree that we should keep him, I agree with you too. 

My only concern is the player he turns into with us and the player he turns into if we sell now could be worlds apart in terms of ability. There's a scenario we could live to regret both decisions if he never kicks on for us, but would kick on when sold. 

Don't be sorry.......just exercising the Socratic method.

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

I reckon every journalist who has ever put out some "ITK" has failed with some of them (although I thought Nixon said Man Utd had made a bid, not that he had gone?).

But, hey, it generates discussion.

Its like a salesman with a few duff invoices, keeps the wolf from the door in times of need.

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I'd argue that his performances getting Boro to the PL are more proof of ability than Chuk's 10 minute cameos for us, and we sold him for 20m when he effectively only had 6 months left on his contract.  10m would be low for me, especially as the market continues to get crazier all the time, even since the time of the chuk sale

Did Boro go up? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I don’t think there’s any harm in selling the likes of Ramsey or Bogarde as long as we can do what the likes of Citeh do and pop a buy back clause in there.

Good idea. Sell the crown jewels of the academy. 

2 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

He was the standout player for Boro last season. You must have very high standards.

Is there something i'm missing with this Alex Scott - just 5 goals and 6 assists in 76 games (69 starts) in the Championship gives a £25 mil price tag?

Ramsey got 8 goals and 4 assists in just 21 games (13 starts) for Norwich and Boro. Admittedly they are better teams than Bristol, but that's still producing at a much better rate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, andym said:

Is there something i'm missing with this Alex Scott - just 5 goals and 6 assists in 76 games (69 starts) in the Championship gives a £25 mil price tag?

Ramsey got 8 goals and 4 assists in just 21 games (13 starts) for Norwich and Boro. Admittedly they are better teams than Bristol, but that's still producing at a much better rate.

Just the going rate for young English talents, we should be accepting nothing less than £30m for AJ if we are going to sell.

• Like 1

Â