Pre Match Thread

GingerCollins29

McGinn gonna be like a new signing. Like ive said so many times about Sheffield United, you are at nothing if you don't match their workate. That's bare minimum. Our need is greater than theirs and i hope that's reflected in how we play.

• Like 1

Leaked teamsheet on twitter suggests the team is:

Nyland

Fred           engels           mings         targett

Luiz       nakamba    mcginn

El ghazi     samatta     grealish

Subs: reina, taylor, drinkwater, konsa, hourihane, jota, elmo, trez, davis.

• Like 1

We're not favourites at home. Looks like the bookies are basing things on form a few months ago, which is surely out the window now?

Total lottery for me, I'd back us to score but we'll probably need 2 to win. Not basing that on anything though like everyone else! I've gone for Samatta to score, home win and over 2.5 goals. 

Watch this turn into a dour 0-0.

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Sheffield United is much more than just work rate.

It's disrespectful to limit them to only that.

They actually play very good football. 

Of course but my point was if your bare minimum isn't matching their work rate, because you know they'll bring that, we've not got a hope of imposing ourselves on them and playing good football ourselves. They play some quality stuff.

15 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Not looking forward to this. Partly due to how much is riding on it and partly due to how awful we looked before the suspension. Really hope we can surprise.

Partly due to how awful we've looked against them for 2 years now. We mugged them at VP last season.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

It is very hot and very humid out there, it could be a test of fitness. It could also break into a massive thunderstorm - it'd be hilariously 2020 if after all this they had to bring the players off for lightning.

This will be me up until the kick off (minus the hair)

Saruman Storm GIF | Gfycat

I don't really get why the subs etc have to sit 6ft apart and teams stand all at distance for pre match when they will be tackling regularly (hopefully) I thought they were all being tested twice a week for the virus. Some of it seems a bit OTT to me ?