The premier league is null and void thread, what next?

Jareth

What next?

Buy some good players.

Dont repeat mistakes.

I'm so hopeful this season is cancelled, and will be the biggest get out of jail card for us.....literally EVER.....I just cant see it happening.

• Like 3

The only fair way to void the season is no one relegated, if they did relegate teams it would go to a nasty court case, that's guaranteed.

But I also think if they didn't relegate teams, the teams in the championship would need some kind of support and additional money to compensate them, pretty much to the degree of money they would have gained if promoted. (For teams in or around the top 6)

Also, FFP would need to be relaxed, you cant assess teams on FFP fairly when a season has been voided and investments have been made in the clubs, then through no fault of the clubs they cant achieve the goals regardless. 

For european qualification i would go with teams as they sit now.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Educated Brummies rejoice

Inbred Brummies cry

Leeds fans smash things up

Plop fans fly flags at half-mast, declare 2 weeks of mourning and petition for Scouse independence. 

From a sporting perspective I couldn't think of anything that would make me happier. 

Edited by av1

Just now, MaVilla said:

The only fair way to void the season is no one relegated, if they did relegate teams it would go to a nasty court case, that's guaranteed.

But I also think if they didn't relegate teams, the teams in the championship would need some kind of support and additional money to compensate them, pretty much to the degree of money they would have gained if promoted.

Also, FFP would need to be relaxed, you cant assess teams on FFP fairly when a season has been voided and investments have been made in the clubs, then through no fault of the clubs they cant achieve the goals regardless. 

Relegation - 100% - no way it can be decided now

Championship and leagues below - Still not sure its fair to promote those in the autos, like those in the relegation spots - things could change

FFP - deffo, scrub the FFP for this season, if your club has spent within the rules then its too bad that they chose to be conservative, but its advantage those who spent big

Euros - shift it to next season, they should also be delayed a year...

They'll do whatever possible to make sure that the rest of the season is played out, would actually be nice if it was able to continue and we stayed up on merit over 38 games. Fans of other clubs talking about us being desperate for it to be cancelled as if that's the only chance we have of surviving, you'd think we were ten points adrift at the bottom of the table or something, rather than two points with a game in hand, of course obviously it would help us, but it's not as if we're dead certainties for relegation if the season was to go ahead.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, useless said:

They'll do whatever possible to make sure that the rest of the season is played out, would actually be nice if it was able to continue and we stayed up on merit over 38 games. Fans of other clubs talking about us being desperate for it to be cancelled as if that's the only chance we have of surviving, you'd think we were ten points adrift at the bottom of the table or something, rather than two points with a game in hand, of course obviously it would help us, but it's not as if we're dead certainties for relegation if the season was to go ahead.

All true, but I would bite your hand off to void the season right now. So would DS. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

But I also think if they didn't relegate teams, the teams in the championship would need some kind of support and additional money to compensate them, pretty much to the degree of money they would have gained if promoted. (For teams in or around the top 6)

Agreed. I'm no legal expert, in fact I have no idea, but I would imagine that relegating a club with 10 games to go would never be allowed if it were to go to court. It would be interesting to hear from a legal expert where the PL stands in their ability to end a season prematurely. 

I would imagine there would be more leniency with FFP because of a loss of matchday revenue. It would be against the spirit of FFP to fine clubs for matters out of their control, though again, it depends on the fine print of these agreements.

It's a shame that this season is going to be reduced to a legal battle over the outcomes of each tournament. I will just be glad to watch football again next season whichever division we end up in.

If all the clubs quarantined themselves for a month or two, then played behind closed doors for the rest of the season then it could be finished early to mid summer?  Obviously just scrapping relegation for us would be massive and we would be able to invest in the team again, preferably with fewer but better quality players.

• Like 3

I'm hoping the Premier League and the FA do everything to complete this season and that Aston Villa win enough games to stay up. I want to have football like any other football fan.

However, since the fans, players and staff could be put in danger, the league should be canceled. 

• Like 1

As the PL have a rule that requires 14 teams to vote for a rule change. I’d be surprised if 7 or more teams decided to vote to relegate 3 of their fellow clubs and shareholders with 9/10 games left, only to promote 3 clubs who haven’t even achieved promotion.

As such I believe there is very little likelihood that we are going to be relegated without the season being completed. There is also no chance the league will finish before next autumn. As next season could be shortened too as it may start late, there won’t be much appetite to promote anyone, sorry Leeds.

It’s almost certain that the league will be voided. They may decide to give Liverpool the trophy, engraved with a big asterisk in maybe in one of those little rooms where they interview players after the match.

Edited by Elton

14 hours ago, MaVilla said:

What's next?

League voided.

VAR reviews it.

Villa chosen for relegation, clear and obvious mistake not to.

Hahaha! 😂 Curse you VAR! 😑

Edited by robby b

Â