The premier league is null and void thread, what next?

Jareth

13 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

as someone who has been involved with football at many levels , trust me the Fa are anal , somewhere buried deep i believe there will be a rule for abondonment of the league.What that would be i have no idea

If only the FA had any influence over what The Premier League do. 

2 hours ago, mattyvilla said:

well they make the rules , but whether anyone listens is another story

It's like the Queen telling Parliament what they will do. Ain't gonna happen. 

On top of every other issue they have, I wonder if they’ll also void this season out of FFP calculations. 

a lot of teams likely to loose a lot of income due to this and would seem unfair to punish because of it. 

• Like 1

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/football/liverpool-to-be-awarded-premier-league-with-plan-that-could-see-no-teams-relegated-for-next-season-report/news-story/04ec1185a7abc3e80ba00301a70f7c85

Liverpool is ‘likely’ to be awarded the 2019-20 Premier League title, with reports there are mounting fears it will be impossible to complete the season this summer.

Interesting article here. Essentially saying that one idea that has been discussed is that no teams are relegated and the top 2 championship teams are promoted creating a 22 team league with 5 teams relegated the following year. EFL cup would be cancelled for a year to fit the extra games in. Not sure if this will happen but certainly an interesting suggestion and one I'd certainly welcome!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

On top of every other issue they have, I wonder if they’ll also void this season out of FFP calculations. 

a lot of teams likely to loose a lot of income due to this and would seem unfair to punish because of it. 

Surely. Other than maybe everyone loses TV income equal to 10 games, this season is quite easy to get rid of. FFP cannot fairly count a season which was cancelled. Therefore, we have spent the MAXIMUM, and get to do it again. I see no problem with this. 

1 minute ago, Biskitt said:

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/football/liverpool-to-be-awarded-premier-league-with-plan-that-could-see-no-teams-relegated-for-next-season-report/news-story/04ec1185a7abc3e80ba00301a70f7c85

Interesting article here. Essentially saying that one idea that has been discussed is that no teams are relegated and the top 2 championship teams are promoted creating a 22 team league with 5 teams relegated the following year. EFL cup would be cancelled for a year to fit the extra games in. Not sure if this will happen but certainly an interesting suggestion and one I'd certainly welcome!

Only flaw is giving Liverpool the title, its not logical. 

• Haha 1

I wonder how it will affect player contracts and the transfer market. I think contracts usually run until end of june, if the season is not concluded by then will we start to see players move. If they start to mess around with contracts you risk contravening employment laws.

57 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I wonder how it will affect player contracts and the transfer market. I think contracts usually run until end of june, if the season is not concluded by then will we start to see players move. If they start to mess around with contracts you risk contravening employment laws.

I'd have assumed that in all this mess that the fixed nature of contracts would be a positive and that player moves would be business as usual, certainly there are advantages to be had, i.e. Danny Drinkwater gets erased from history... Meanwhile I am absolutely loving how nobody cares there is no game today!

A lot of talk about relegation and the like (obviously since we're down there) but that game in hand for Sheffield United could put them in a champions League spot if the Man City ban stands. Arsenal also a game in hand away from a Europa League spot. I've no idea how you could fairly sort that out...

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

I'd have assumed that in all this mess that the fixed nature of contracts would be a positive and that player moves would be business as usual, certainly there are advantages to be had, i.e. Danny Drinkwater gets erased from history... Meanwhile I am absolutely loving how nobody cares there is no game today!

I'll be honest, I'm more upset that the Grand Prix is cancelled.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Biskitt said:

PL protects PL - I think they’ll do this but the balancing out won’t be 5 teams getting relegated, it’ll be 3 or 4 relegations and only 1 or 2 coming up.

Apparently Jamie Carragher is panicking about the very real possibility that the season will be void.

He's desperate for this season to be finished, no matter where or when. Be it a year from now :D 

Them missing the title would be the funniest thing ever.

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

PL protects PL - I think they’ll do this but the balancing out won’t be 5 teams getting relegated, it’ll be 3 or 4 relegations and only 1 or 2 coming up.

They are probably reading VT as I suggested that idea a while back ;)

Honestly thou, out of all the flawed options available I think that's the way to go.

But if it gets voided who gets cl spots? The same clubs as this year or current placements? Leicester wolves and sheff United won’t be happy with either will United. That’s why I don’t think it will be voided

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

But if it gets voided who gets cl spots? The same clubs as this year or current placements? Leicester wolves and sheff United won’t be happy with either will United. That’s why I don’t think it will be voided

Will be impossible to find a solution that everyone will be happy with.

I think all teams will have to have played the same amount of games ( which means we play Sheffield Utd in our catch up game ) then the league will be decided on the automatic promotion/relegation places.Its the only fair way really.Either way DS should go now.He has had over half a season to show what he can achieve ( 19 th after 28 games )

• Sad 1

The more I think about it the only way for this to work is to scrap the league. Just void it. 

If you are to delay the 10 matches, like OBE says, to maintain the same squads summer transfers have to be unavailable. Then the relegated clubs will have to sell key assets to survive, and what club will pay £ 50 - 100 million for Grealish and let him play 10 matches for us afterwards. Just won't happen. 

Two promotions, no relegations, no European footy, and compensation to the playoff teams? 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

14 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I think all teams will have to have played the same amount of games ( which means we play Sheffield Utd in our catch up game ) then the league will be decided on the automatic promotion/relegation places.Its the only fair way really.Either way DS should go now.He has had over half a season to show what he can achieve ( 19 th after 28 games )

Omg! What an incredibly nerve-wracking game that will be if that happens! 😓 Like the play-off final in terms of stress only maybe even worse. ☹️

Â