Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

With possibly his first touch crossed causing a corner.

With Cash and Konsa down the right the lack of crossing is shocking.

Konsa for some reason doesn't and Cash loves a pass back to defense.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'd start him against Liverpool. Won't happen as Unai probably knows more than me but I'm still convinced he is better than Cash.

He'd be playing if he was. Cash is a Polish international , if KKH goes on to have half his career he'll have done exceptional.

25 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Not much to go off but he made a recovery run and looked to me to be absolutely rapid. Not sure if he is but he looked quick to me 

He is, probably just short of Kyle Walker type recovery pace. He has good footballing ability too. Weaknesses from what I have seen from him are probably that he might be prone to errors trying to be too composed and a slight lack of physicality/aggression. Still should have gotten more minutes in the last few months.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Not much to go off but he made a recovery run and looked to me to be absolutely rapid. Not sure if he is but he looked quick to me 

I saw that, too. I wondered if his positioning was a bit iffy tbh. Not enough time to judge him.

Wonder if he'd be more of a threat than Cash when playing in the more offensive role? 

Always thought he was going to be a better wing back than traditional RB so I think some of his lack of game time may be due to us playing 4 at the back. We might go with a 3 again against Liverpool so I'd give him a run out at wing back personally to see whether he's worth keeping

He's a good player, not getting many minutes for isn't us really an indication otherwise, we just happen to be one of the better teams in the league this season therefore going to be even harder than usual to get in, same for any of our youngsters, also the fact we ask our right-backs to play quite reserved and his main assett as a right-back is his attacking play

I could imagine the likes of Hull MIddlesbrough and maybe Plymouth with Whittaker money bidding for him in the summer, maybe we let him go for cut price if cheap buyback included

Right-back situation a little in the air, if Cash is replaced as first team option then I think he will be sold, or maybe not maybe we keep him as back up for one more season, whilst Kosta develops, or we could bring Kosa in as back up, or sell Cash, loan Kosta out again, and keep Kesler-Hayden around as back-up for a season, and guess what, one of the best players in our academy Triston Rowe is a right-back, so I think we will start to see him in and around the squad next season, he's essentially already had two seasons for our U21s despite being only seventeen, so in theory could be ready for a loan, but because of his age I imagine we will hold back on that

6 hours ago, Derryvillan said:

Considering they had a 3rd choice 34 year old RB playing at LB they were extremely effective at closing down our right hand side. There was never any room for Cash and Bailey to pass it to each other or have any give and goes as they were so crowded out. 

On 10/05/2024 at 07:12, Derryvillan said:

I'm not entirely sure where this comes from. 

He used to be the one player in the team that crossed too often and every one of them went for a throw. 

He's allowed to turn back inside and start again, but also I think he's actually very direct in the final third. 

Almost (and correct me if I'm wrong) feels like we're comparing him against Moreno who, IMO, is sometimes TOO direct. Not a criticism of either, but both are better going forward than Konsa, he hits half way and loses his head. (Again not a criticism, he's not a wing back).

On 10/05/2024 at 10:24, _AA_786 said:

Always thought he was going to be a better wing back than traditional RB so I think some of his lack of game time may be due to us playing 4 at the back. We might go with a 3 again against Liverpool so I'd give him a run out at wing back personally to see whether he's worth keeping

I suspect the manager and his staff have already decided if he is worth keeping or not.

I hope we choose to loan him out again rather than sell him this summer - he's a really talented full back with the potential to be a really, really good player.

I'm not sure what PSR will have to say about it, but I'd really like us to keep him.

• Like 1

Not much point selling him now as we wouldn't get much for him. A pretty average loan at Plymouth, followed by a handful of minutes off the bench for us in low risk situations.

Hopefully a few months training under Unai has helped him to improve. Now he needs another loan to the Championship. This time he needs to hold down a starting role and impress more. Otherwise I think he'll be gone the following summer.

2 minutes ago, East London Villa said:

Not much point selling him now as we wouldn't get much for him. A pretty average loan at Plymouth, followed by a handful of minutes off the bench for us in low risk situations.

Hopefully a few months training under Unai has helped him to improve. Now he needs another loan to the Championship. This time he needs to hold down a starting role and impress more. Otherwise I think he'll be gone the following summer.

Yeah - he's 21 now, so it's time for us to make a decision. 

I do get the feeling that both he and Tim may have been used more if CL wasn't at stake, as perhaps Unai is mindful of putting too much pressure on them, but it could be that he feels that they either aren't a good fit for us, aren't going to be good enough or aren't ready yet. 

In any case, we really want our bench to be filled with players who are trusted to be an option, as they're not much use otherwise. 

Â