WAHEY! It's a JOKE thread : Enter at your own risk.

villadude

22 hours ago, mjmooney said:

There was a young man 
From Cork who got limericks 
And haikus confused 

I must pull you up on your 2nd line (only because it's you ;)). It's only 7 if you stretch Limerick to 3 syllables for poetic licence.

sqtYh99.gif

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, BOF said:

No. Lim-rick.

I've always thought it was three and sat here like a mad man repeating it to myself. Googled it and the Internet says it's three and everyone knows everything you read online is correct. 

https://www.howmanysyllables.com/words/limerick

How many syllables in limerick?

3 syllables

Divide limerick into syllables:   lim-er-ick
Stressed syllable in limerick:   lim-er-ick
How to pronounce limerick:   lim-er-ik

Edited by Rds1983

It may be accent dependant but it's generally spoken with 2 over here.

Edit : and it's also the most predictable VT post ever that someone would argue a pronunciation 😂😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Enda said:

There’s three syllables, but it being Limerick the third one was probably stolen.

(More seriously, it should be two. The Irish version Luimneach is pronounced “Lim noch”.)

Y'see? We try to teach them :P  🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:
Mrs T brought me a Karcher jet wash, magic snow foam and all the fittings. I did both cars in 30 mins, 2 hours later still cleaning the foam off the drive, next doors drive and side of the house

Nope.

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Seriously, the Karcher thing?

Its a true story, Mrs T brought it for my birthday (which is today actually)  Tried it out on Sunday. Bloody foam is still on the drive this morning, luckily there is a bit of snow still around so it doesn't stand out too much. People walking their dogs were laughing as they went passed 

Image may contain: car, house and outdoor

Edited by Robtaylor200

3 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Its a true story, Mrs T brought it for my birthday (which is today actually)  Tried it out on Sunday. Bloody foam is still on the drive this morning, luckily there is a bit of snow still around so it doesn't stand out too much. People walking their dogs were laughing as they went passed 

Ah! Well that explains why I didn't get it as a joke! 🤣

Happy Birthday!

• Haha 1

Â