Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

He'll be endlessly loaned out to Bundesliga, France, Holland now. Was miles off being a regular prem starter from his games last season so he isn't breaking into that Chelsea midfield anytime soon.

Still nice pay rise and we get 20m for someone with less than 20 senior starts so can't complain. Probably a decent sell on fee for us aswell (or maybe even a buyback clause).

Edited by VillaChris

1 minute ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Stole him from a smaller academy two years ago for a small fee, paid him small wages for two years and sold him for £20m. I hope all of our academy business goes that well, if it does we'll be able to fund the first team just from that.

2016 wasn't two years ago bud sorry Captain America. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

My Chelsea mate reckons clubs are only allowed to loan out 7 players this season … decreasing to 6 then 5 over the next 2 years.. be interesting to see how many they have out so far this season , but it could mean that  Gallagher and Broja will either be sold or get game time 

IMO Chuck will  get little to no game time at Chelsea so career wise it does seem a bit regressive even if he is joining an elite club 

But I’m sure both clubs know what they are doing ,and hopefully in a few years time we might not have to keep giving up our players to the  first big boy that waves the cheque book 

I'm seeing conflicting reports on this, quite a few places are reporting this only applies to overseas loans with others not making the distinction. Anyone know for certain?

Also seeing players under 21 don't count as well as "club-trained players" for which the definition was a player who was at a club for 3+ years between the ages of 15-21.  So whilst a step in the right direction and hopefully an end to Chelseas loan army there is still some wiggle room.

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Time will tell.

CC obviously didn't see himself getting into the villa team. But thinks over time he can crack on at Chelsea. 

Personally I think this is a sad day for Aston Villa. - not a good one.

Do you really believe he’ll get more chances at Chelsea than Villa? 

Kids gone for the money. Don’t blame him for it either.  Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s loaned out.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Its unbelievable we have recouped  20m for a player thats played so little  its a gamble for chelsea thats for sure.

No idea why chelsea are after him he is nowhere near the level they are at

You missed them annual making 50-100m from sales of young players in last decade?

It's their business model. Even if he dosen't play much but they get some good loan spells they can sell him for someone else in a few years for 30-40m.

£20m for the best 18 y.o in the country really isn't that extraordinary. But £20m for a 18 y.o who doesn't want to be here and only has 12 months left on his contract is a very good fee for us.

Real shame to be losing him but it's been clear for a while he wasn't going to sign a new contract.

Even at £20m this is a no risk transfer for Chelsea. They get a young English player with huge potential that at the very worst they get their money back for if they sell him in 4 years.

Carney goes to a club with great coaches and players and will instantly become a more high profile player. They play something like 60 games a season so if he's around the first team he will get minutes. 

No idea what their plan is for him thou, he might be going out on loan straight away.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Time will tell.

CC obviously didn't see himself getting into the villa team. But thinks over time he can crack on at Chelsea. 

You are right in that it's never good to lose young talent, but I would ask a question here. Hypothetically if you had to sell one of our grads- CC or Ramsey, which would you choose? 

I'd keep Ramsey personally.

Ramsey is worth 22m according to transfermarkt BTW.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Kids gone for the money. Don’t blame him for it either.  Wouldn’t surprised me if he’s loaned out.

To be honest I don't know.

However CC obviously feels he isn't going to crack the first team at villa - but fancies himself at Chelsea .

Should he be proved right that's should a major concern for villa fans.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Kids gone for the money. Don’t blame him for it either.  Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s loaned out.

Don't think it's even thay if we've offered him silly money 

He's gone for the bigger team, sad reality of it, he's been sold the dream of Chelsea over Aston Villa, the fact that it's a move that he should be looking to make in the future on not now has been lost on him 

If he'd have just signed for us and concentrated on breaking through properly and playing football and improving with a ton of hard work he'd have got there anyway but now I think he's made it harder for himself 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Time will tell.

Based on what?

Absolute nonsense if you're suggesting he thinks he's more likely to break Chelsea 11 than ours imo.

Villa could hardly have done more to prove he'd get minutes:

On 21/07/2022 at 19:23, penguin said:

Minutes of all players currently under 19, in the Premier League last season:

Screenshot-2022-07-21-at-19-12-07.png

Minutes of all players currently under 20, in the Premier League last season:

Screenshot-2022-07-21-at-19-13-32.png

Even looking at players under 21 only 15 players had more minutes than Carney. I think realistically he could not have asked for much more.

If this is all genuinely only about top-flight minutes then he better be prepared for a move to Forest/Fulham/Bournemouth etc in an attempt to accomplish that, but it all seems much more likely he'll end up at a Champions League club getting much less minutes than he would have been here. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

To be honest I don't know.

However CC obviously feels he isn't going to crack the first team at villa - but fancies himself at Chelsea .

Should he be proved right that's should a major concern for villa fans.

I’m not concerned at all. They are a massive club that won the champions league 2 seasons ago.  Of course the move would appeal to him.  Plus he gets the London life as a bonus.

Just now, penguin said:

Based on what?

Absolute nonsense if you're suggesting he thinks he's more likely to break Chelsea 11 than ours imo.

Villa could hardly have done more to prove he'd get minutes:

I'm not suggesting it.

Buts he's closer to the guys that pick the team than you or I. 

It looked like he seen a brick wall at villa - but opportunity at Chelsea.

Read the threads loads on here are suggesting some players are always getting a start whilst others aren't getting a chance.

Perhaps he's thought if Buendia ain't getting a start what chance do I have.

I’d be more upset about it if he never actually played for the first team because he looked a world beater when playing with other kids. 

Seen enough of him for first team to see his miles off improving us yet. Great business this.  Hope the funds are reinvested.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not concerned at all. They are a massive club that won the champions league 2 seasons ago.  Of course the move would appeal to him.  Plus he gets the London life as a bonus.

Yeah it looks a good move for him.fair play.

• Like 2

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

Very good business. By the way Harvey Elliot is 18. Tbh I would sooner have him than chuck any day of the week. 

He's 19 ;)

He's going to have a big year this year though, he'll break through to the England team next cycle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Very good business. By the way Harvey Elliot is 18 & English. Tbh I would sooner have him than chuck any day of the week. 

He’s a year and half older than Chuk but I agree he looks a much better player. He looked a star at 16.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Â