Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

That's the last thing he should do...  It benefits no one but the club.  

Doesnt benefit us as he will leave on a minimal fee in summer. Thats been his plan all along i suspect if i was a betting man

I have a feeling he will end up somewhere like spurs

Edited by Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Doesnt benefit us as he will leave on a minimal fee in summer. Thats been his plan all along od suspect if i was a betting man

Then what benefit does handing in a transfer request do, other than get him fined by Villa?

I love how we're all enamoured with Bouba, when he has done the same thing to Marseille. It doesn't matter if you don't think he's good enough to get into the team, it's his prerogative as a professional to assess his options, as long as he fulfills his contract obligations. Questioning his attitude is not on at all imo.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I love how we're all enamoured with Bouba, when he has done the same thing to Marseille. It doesn't matter if you don't think he's good enough to get into the team, it's his prerogative as a professional to assess his options, as long as he fulfills his contract obligations. Questioning his attitude is not on at all imo.

arguably worse since Marseille are flat broke and could have done with any money they could have got from a sale. They had sell Sanson half price

• Like 1

I dont get people making such a big deal over the 'guaranteed football' thing, I seriously doubt he's expecting to play every game, or even most games, but he presumably wants more game time than he's been getting before commiting his long-term future for us, why would he want to do that but for us to not them use him, something that could have a serious detrimental affect on his long-term development and therefore his whole career, he's perfectly right to be wary of staying with us if we're not going to play him, if we don't plenty of other teams will.

Also if Chukwuemeka played for a different team, but was in the same situation with them as he is with us now, and we were signing him, I doubt anyone would be saying not to sign him because he refused to sign a new deal at his last club  because of wantimg more guaranteed football, more like he'd be being praised for wanting to go somewhere where he was going to play.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

arguably worse since Marseille are flat broke and could have done with any money they could have got from a sale. They had sell Sanson half price

There's not much consequence to Aston Villa apart from the fact that it offends some fans that the lad wants to play more than they think he should.

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Also if Chukwuemeka played for a different team, but was in the same situation with them as he is with us now, and we were signing him, I doubt anyone would be saying not to sign him because he refused to sign a new deal at his last club  because of wantimg more guaranteed football, more like he'd be being praised for wanting to go somewhere where he was going to play.

Those two things aren't the same.  People are saying get rid because he doesn't want to be here. His new club will welcome him because he does want to be there.

When my ex was cheating on me with a guy she ended up marrying, I didn't (at the time at least) say "well you can't question her attitude - people change relationships all the time and she deserves to be happy".

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Those two things aren't the same.  People are saying get rid because he doesn't want to be here. His new club will welcome him because he does want to be there.

When my ex was cheating on me with a guy she ended up marrying, I didn't (at the time at least) say "well you can't question her attitude - people change relationships all the time and she deserves to be happy".

Not the same, he isn't breaching any aspect of his contract by assessing his options. He's perfectly within his rights to not want to play at Aston Villa at the end of his contract. He's not cheating on anyone. If anything, the club is trying to make money off of him instead of just letting him see out his contract.

• Like 1

This idea that he doesn't want be here is just another irrational idea that some have got into their heads, no one on here unless they've spoken to him have any clue whether he wants to be here or not. Not signing a contract because he isn't getting enough game time isn't the same as not wanting to be here, any player would be the same.

Too much hatred based on pure speculation.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Not the same, he isn't breaching any aspect of his contract by assessing his options. He's perfectly within his rights to not want to play at Aston Villa at the end of his contract. He's not cheating on anyone. If anything, the club is trying to make money off of him instead of just letting him see out his contract.

So you're saying people aren't allowed to dislike a player because he wants to leave? Aren't allowed to question the decision?

That's how I feel about the NHL draft - but only because I give zero shits about hockey.

Just now, Vancvillan said:

So you're saying people aren't allowed to dislike a player because he wants to leave? Aren't allowed to question the decision?

That's how I feel about the NHL draft - but only because I give zero shits about hockey.

You're allowed to do whatever you're want. It's just all a bit juvenile imo.

Just now, useless said:

This idea that he doesn't want be here is just another irrational idea that some have got into their heads, no one on here unless they've spoken to him have any clue whether he wants to be here or not. Not signing a contract because he isn't getting enough game time isn't the same as not wanting to be here, any player would be the same.

Too much hatred based on pure speculation.

1. I don't think there's much "hatred". Maybe from a few but I'd say it's mostly disappointment, disagreement or dissatisfaction. Or one of the other disses.

2. I don't think him not signing a contract and the manager leaving it at home from the preseason tour for this exact reason is "just another irrational idea". No-one on here knows for sure, but if you make a list of the top 3 reasons for what's happening, him not wanting to be here for some reason (money, appearances, wants bigger club) would probably be two of the three. If you think otherwise, we'd love to hear other rational explanations.

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Doesnt benefit us as he will leave on a minimal fee in summer. Thats been his plan all along i suspect if i was a betting man

I have a feeling he will end up somewhere like spurs

My basic understanding of it is that formally handing in a transfer request means you waive any loyalty bonus or payment due to you from the club

So whereas we sell him for £10m a few hundred thousand of that money goes to him if he puts in a formal request then all the money stays with the club

If he's moving for financial reasons then a transfer request doesn't make sense 

36 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Then what benefit does handing in a transfer request do, other than get him fined by Villa?

Fine him for what? He's entitled to put the request in (we're entitled to reject it too) he's not in breach of his contract as long as he comes in to work every day 

Â