Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Why are people entertaining the idea of the £100k stories being true, of course they're not, Football Insider are about the most unreliable source going, they just make random stuff up.

Just having a chat mate, don't worry about it.

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

If he doesn't sign a contract, he wont be played at any level, and if he isn't sold he cant play for anybody for a whole year. Absolute mad situation.
Well done to whoever is advising him, you absolute bellend.

We don't know that. It wouldn't set a good precedent for other youth players; "sign a contract... or else".

IMO if Carney doesn't sign the contract and isn't sold this window, he will train and play out the remainder of his contract with the U21.

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

If he doesn't sign a contract, he wont be played at any level, and if he isn't sold he cant play for anybody for a whole year. Absolute mad situation.

Rev. James Martin at the Cherry Lane in New York City 2010.

Edited by Steero113

Not sure why people think he won't play if he stays after the transfer window but doesn't sign a new deal, he might not play for the first team, but he won't be left out of the picture all together, plenty of academy players play for the U21s even when we're know they're going to be released in the summer, Dewain Sewell coming to the end of his scholarship, couldn't agree a deal on his professional contract but we still played him.

If Carney's still with us, after window closes might as well use him and hope something changes, we've got nothing to lose by doing that, whereas by bombing him out altogether we would have nothing to gain.

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure why people think he won't play if he stays after the transfer window but doesn't sign a new deal, he might not play for the first team, but he won't be left out of the picture all together, plenty of academy players play for the U21s even when we're know they're going to be released in the summer, Dewain Sewell coming to the end of his scholarship, couldn't agree a deal on his professional contract but we still played him.

If Carney's still with us, after window closes might as well use him and hope something changes, we've got nothing to lose by doing that, whereas by bombing him out altogether we would have nothing to gain.

Develop a player that isn’t 100% committed to playing for the club no chance I only want to see players who want to play for the club playing 

Also stop and think 🤔 no really think thinking-face_1f914.pngall we know is that he's been left from the tour because he hasn't signed a contract, for all we know that could be the club trying to force his hand, rather than him not wanting to sign a deal or whatever, he might genuinely still be undecided.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Also stop and think 🤔 no really think thinking-face_1f914.pngall we know is that he's been left from the tour because he hasn't signed a contract, for all we know that could be the club trying to force his hand, rather than him not wanting to sign a deal or whatever, he might genuinely still be undecided.

You could say it was 50/50

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

They were probably hoping for a situation like Perkins at West Ham where they could run down the contract while "in discussions or mulling over a deal" then leave with no gap in playing football. 

17 minutes ago, useless said:

We have nothing to gain developing him more and we'd be better off giving those mins to other players. Plus we will also have shown we're no mugs and won't let individual players/agents mug us off. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We have nothing to gain developing him more and we'd be better off giving those mins to other players. Plus we will also have shown we're no mugs and won't let individual players/agents mug us off. 

He won't get much development playing for U21s.  Plenty of players in world football leave on frees and they don't get ostracized from their clubs.

11 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

I lurk on this site and rarely comment at all, so if biased, long rants aren’t your thing, skip the post.  

Carney is an adult, not a child being exploited. He is party to all “this”, is informed, consenting and in support of whatever actions his advisors undertake, in his name. Clearly, they are working together to achieve the “best” outcome for him. But that’s the thing, this outcome, is mostly financial. That’s what is sore in all of this. It isn’t the best outcome at all, for anyone, unless money is the aim.   

How many people in the trades on here have done an apprenticeship and when finished, effectively demanded to be the 2nd highest earner in their workplace? Nobody. Ok so this £100,000 per week figure, is speculation but I can totally believe it, given how crazy the money is in football for what gets paid (too soon) to a “generational talent.” Is he all that? Well, on one hand, if he was, he would have done more in those two starts and sub appearances, enough to dislodge our established midfielders.  

Sure, he has received plaudits off people within the industry (and played well at England u21 level) but that’s it so far. This talk of potential, that’s it so far. You can’t just demand to be slotted in as a first XI’er or you’re off, or maybe you can and that’s the problem. I think he is currently Championship level at best, pending realisation of that so-called potential. And where to be, to help realise that potential, than the club who have brought you to this point, in amongst a squad that has the likes of Phillipe Fu---- Coutinho, Bailey, Buendia, etc to help you hone your talent and learn from. 

Who does he think is going to take him on and make him a mega earner playing 1st team football? Sure, Leeds and Newcastle might take a look, but on the face of it, can you really see him going there? Then there’s Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal… apparently. They wont want to pay the fee we are asking, surely, and if they’re wise they’d take a look at his attitude and think twice and he would be lucky to even make their benches. This has Barca / PSG / Dortmund all over it and the meantime, all this is just pantomime until Dec 31st when he can enter into negotiations with overseas clubs and in the meantime, create a narrative on his worth. That’s a risk for damned sure on your part Carney and I think you have played the wrong hand. 

Well, you ain’t gonna get that sat round here waiting until December sunshine. What if no move materialises in this window and you being bomb-squaded until then wont raise your stock at all, other clubs will laugh at splashing out £100,000 per week on you coming from Villa’s reserves team. What more could we have done for this kid, nothing. We gave him minutes, maybe not as much as he wanted but, he didn’t exactly amaze any of us in those games to justify dropping McGinn or Ramsey or anyone up further forward. We offered a deal ages ago and potentially have upped the terms again recently, still no joy.   

We’ve already bent over enough for this kid. Did we really think Caleb was ever going to break into our first team? We may, have unnecessarily signed his older brother on the cheap to keep him sweet. He won’t make it here. Wiki isn’t the be all and end all but as things stand, he’s played about 40 career games and scored two goals, aged 20, turning 21 next January. The same player who was subbed on and subbed off 7 mins later for having a bad attitude on the pitch, in his last loan spell. The Caleb signing just doesn’t make sense to me. I digress.   

I am done with this kid. Sure, we want someone who is an alleged generational talent to play for us. But he doesn’t want to. There was real opportunity here for you Carney, you and your advisors can do one. You represent all what is wrong with the game. You have as much love for Villa as I do salads or Extinction Rebellion.    

And it can’t be about playing first team either, as, well…. If you end up “playing” / signing for PSG or Barcelona, you’ll be “playing” for their youth or reserves anyway, but on good money of course. Is money everything? As a pro footballer with prospects, fantastic wealth was likely always coming your way anyway. But, you want it all, now, on your terms. Your opinion of yourself is misguided, if you are that good, that ready, you’d have been picked more, you could have signed and accepted loans that showed us you are a must-pick.  

I know this is harsh but the way I see it is this kid is a cancer, representing all that is wrong in the game. I know there are people on here who say he has done nothing wrong, honouring a contract and all. Very true that is, to a point. I think this has been on the cards for ages though, player and club do not end up in this position by accident or a lack of communication or effort (especially with the likes of Lange and Purslow’s negotiation skills and wanting things wrapped up ASAP), there has to be some level of orchestration on Carney’s part, a contract on superb terms was laid out months ago, ignored, he had no intention of signing it back then, nor does he now. We’ve been played, potentially by a money-grabbing parasite, and disappointingly one so young. I know these words are harsh.  

We need to: 

• Sell for whatever amount we can get, even if small, so long as there’s a % sell on clause… just be gone and good luck in your career 
  • Or if we can’t sell, or he rejects the moves, loan him the ____ out and let someone else pay his wages no matter what they currently are, I wouldn’t want him anywhere near my u23s with that attitude. And to think he would train on his own for a season, that wouldn’t happen, he might go on strike for some of the duration. Just get rid. 

If he does sign, then I take it all back. But like you would on a main character in a Romero film who “got scratched” by a zombie, I’ll have an eye on him waiting for him to turn. That phrase True Colours and all that. But, at the moment, I don’t even want to see him in a Villa shirt ever again to be honest. I don’t see any of our other players giving that attitude out. Let’s just find him another club ASAP and move on. Probably an unpopular opinion but I’m, entitled to it. 

Anyway f that, sorry. I’m hot and typing all this sht out made it look like I was working hard. Stay hydrated lads and all the best. 5 o'clock, great timing. 

Don’t apologise!

Excellent post!

👏👏👏👏

Chukwuemeka is unfortunately for him just a small part of this scenario. It's all about the future of our 'Academy players development plan' which has been implemented by NSWE.  CC has been badly advised to take on the might of two billionaires with a very well funded business plan which is now set in stone.

There is only one winner here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Newcastle apparently going to pay £27 million for him plus give 120k a week wages. Looks like its happening 

Well as he put in the single most impressive performance by a player in st james park for many a year in the Youth Cup q final and then put in another huge performance in the semi final at villa park when Dan Ashworth was watching his own son playing for Albion then they probably will ........

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but I’m, entitled to it.

Yes indeed, as you are to rant; this is a football forum!

He can't really lose with the options mentioned; go to a bigger club and probably get more minutes as these clubs play so many games and perhaps even win a trophy, or go to a lesser club and play much more depending on fitness and form. It's win-win.

He's clearly going to move on as he doesn't see a future here, and for what it's worth I wish him well. No ill feeling from me.

3 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Yes indeed, as you are to rant; this is a football forum!

He can't really lose with the options mentioned; go to a bigger club and probably get more minutes as these clubs play so many games and perhaps even win a trophy, or go to a lesser club and play much more depending on fitness and form. It's win-win.

He's clearly going to move on as he doesn't see a future here, and for what it's worth I wish him well. No ill feeling from me.

You know… there’s some really nice people on this forum…

It’s an admirable quality…

Not one I have whatsoever, especially not towards footballers who don’t want to play for us anymore

Come on Villa just meet the kids demands and offer him the contract he wants! Build the statue outside the stadium of Carney Chukwuemeka and give his brother the number 9 shirt. 

Â