Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Indeed.

The thing is, if Chuk is that demanding with money at his current age, with hardly any appearances, then it doesn't bode well for his career. End up being a mercenary, playing for the highest bidder. 

I know we don't know the facts and I hope its just exaggerated rumours, buts it not looking good. 

Agreed. I sincerely hope that Chuk is not just an embryo Pogba - what a waste that would be.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Carney has made 15 appearances and had a massive 300 minutes in total.

The comparison is ridiculous.

He's rumoured to have been offered 30k p/w but wants double which if true is pure greed imo. 

30k p/w is a more than decent wage given his age and stage of development especially considering Saka is on similar and is a regular prem starter and fully established England senior international.

So is foden

Both show the downside of an 18nyear old signing a long term fixed contract (foden at least is loaded with bonuses) both are "stuck" on contracts that don't reflect their ability or role to the huge benefit of the club and not the player 

I'm sure there is a way around it that doesn't involve paying an 18 year old £60k a week 

But at the same time the notion of good will, that he should sign for £30k and then if he comes good the club will reward him with more I can see why he'd be reluctant to go along with that even if we do have history for it 

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Carney is no doubt very talented with a high ceiling in the game, but I’m sure I agree with this. Bellingham has the potential to be one of England’s greatest ever players, he doesn’t seem to have much weakness to his game.

his main weakness is the team he supports :P  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

So is foden

Both show the downside of an 18nyear old signing a long term fixed contract (foden at least is loaded with bonuses) both are "stuck" on contracts that don't reflect their ability or role to the huge benefit of the club and not the player 

I'm sure there is a way around it that doesn't involve paying an 18 year old £60k a week 

But at the same time the notion of good will, that he should sign for £30k and then if he comes good the club will reward him with more I can see why he'd be reluctant to go along with that even if we do have history for it 

But there could be terms put in a contract to say he’d get an increase or new contract should he hit x amount of landmarks or achievements

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

But there could be terms put in a contract to say he’d get an increase or new contract should he hit x amount of landmarks or achievements

Yeah exactly 

I'm sure we can word a contract in a way that if he fulfills his potential he's a very wealthy man but if he doesn't we are still ok

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

He's rumoured to have been offered 30k p/w but wants double which if true is pure greed

If he only wants 60k I'd just pay it. Worst case he'll be worth £5m in two or three years. I'd assume he wants more guaranteed first team football, and that's the sticking point. 

Edited by villa89

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

If he only wants 60k I'd just pay it. Worst case he'll be worth £5m in two or three years. I'd assume he wants more guaranteed first team football, and that's the sticking point. 

Doesn't set a good example for the others though does it.  A kid who's played 300 mins PL football thinks he's with 60k a week?  If that's true then I'd get rid.  At that age you earn your money and there's no way he'll ever "earn"" 60k a week on his previous appearances. 

Carney wants £60k a week , I want a threesome with Ana De Armas and Jennifer Lawrence 

I stand a better chance than Carney , nobody is giving him 60k a week cause he might be good in a couple of years time 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah exactly 

I'm sure we can word a contract in a way that if he fulfills his potential he's a very wealthy man but if he doesn't we are still ok

I would imagine this contract already includes such clauses. I mean it makes sense for one the best young talents in the country. Hell, if he does go on and shoot the lights out and break in to the England senior setup, he can always come back and negotiate in two years.

In Sopranos they had an intervention for Chris, Aaron Ramsey, Kane-Kesler, Brad Young, Seb Revan, and Barry need to do the same for Chukwuemeka if his wage demands are unrealistic, ask him what's going on mate, can get a relatively big wage now, and if live you up to your potential can negotiate a bigger wage, and you can work that to your advantage as well by saying to the club okay I'll take a smaller wage now, but want a bigger reward than I was initially asking for should I live up to my promise.

15 minutes ago, villa89 said:

£50k max for me, same wage as sanson for a player who I'd expect to have a similar role

That sanson should play more games is a different argument... 

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Then Aaron, will want 60k, also Tim, also, KKH. If they getting 60k, archer will want 80k and if archer is getting 80k Watkins will want 150k and if Watkins is getting then Jed Steer will wank £5000m per week. sounds stupid don’t it? Just like paying an 18 year the same kind of money our captain is on 

If they all played 15 to 20 games a year then so be it... As it is Ramsey and KKH are looking like they'll be loaned out, maybe Tim too, they don't deserve the same money because they don't have the same role

Watkins is interesting because he's rumoured to be on around £80k a week while ings is on the bench earning around £120k, if come the end of the season archer is playing more games and scoring more goals than ings do you not think his agent will be flagging the disparity to purslow? 

If Kerr Smith overtakes Hause or even Konsa on the bench do you not think he will ask for more money than Hause? Or we just pay him based on his age? 

We have similar problems all over the squad at the moment due to how it's been assembled

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

£50k max for me, same wage as sanson for a player who I'd expect to have a similar role

That sanson should play more games is a different argument... 

If they all played 15 to 20 games a year then so be it... As it is Ramsey and KKH are looking like they'll be loaned out, maybe Tim too, they don't deserve the same money because they don't have the same role

Watkins is interesting because he's rumoured to be on around £80k a week while ings is on the bench earning around £120k, if come the end of the season archer is playing more games and scoring more goals than ings do you not think his agent will be flagging the disparity to purslow? 

If Kerr Smith overtakes Hause or even Konsa on the bench do you not think he will ask for more money than Hause? Or we just pay him based on his age? 

We have similar problems all over the squad at the moment due to how it's been assembled

Has Carney earned his reported pay demands? 

I wonder how much cut the Church will take off him and expect him to donate monthly.

They know they’ve got a generational talent & cash cow and will maximise the return for themselves in the name of Jesus… 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

Just now, thabucks said:

I wonder how much cut the Church will take off him and expect him to donate… They know they’ve got a generational talent & cash cow and will maximise the return for themselves in the name of Jesus… 

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488623bdl3qihmrshy7d3e

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I wonder how much cut the Church will take off him and expect him to donate monthly.

They know they’ve got a generational talent & cash cow and will maximise the return for themselves in the name of Jesus… 

Surely we just call his boss and he gets the lad into line. 

• Like 1

Â