Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

To be fair he'd probably get more game time at Newcastle at least in the immediate future. They've been playing Longstaff and Shelvey there, it's not like he has to compete with full Brazilian/Argentine internationals like he does here, at least not yet.

Bruno G

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

If Carney thought he was getting starts anytime soon I'm sure he would have signed up .

He doesn’t want to be here and has done NOTHING when given the chance to warrant as much game time as he’s got. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Buying our way into Europe looks beyond us right now - the only feasible is to buy as best we can and supplement it with our home grown talent.

Not sure how showing Carney the door progress s us to be honest 

It's hardly that. He has been offered a contract, probably the sort of money that would make an ordinary mortal's eyes water and has not accepted it.

So he leaves for big money elsewhere. Absolutely right to do so.

Carney is as talented a player for his age than I have ever seen. Certainly at Villa and I include Grealish. He hasn't shown it at senior  level yet but he's not had that many chances.

I'm disappointed he can't take advice and leadership from one of the best midfielders of all time, rather than some flesh peddling greedy scrote.

Gerrard should give him the "Looookhh ya fucken blairt. Do you know who I am? You've done nutten. Ya better stop listening to dat dere dickhead or you'll end up at Accrington Stanleeee. Come Ed soft lad, sign the fucken deal." talk.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is he will get game time here, gerrard has shown he isnt scared to start youngsters. If he performs well he will be given opportunity to start a game and keep his spot if he is consistent enough. Even JJ was a sub a couple of times

Except JJ who was starting before Gerrard came

Chuk had one start, Tim had one start when our midfield was hardly performing miracles

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

If Carney thought he was getting starts anytime soon I'm sure he would have signed up .

He won't get starts unless he earns them.

I want the best players in the team, not a sop to a teenager who has not impressed when given the chance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WHY said:

He doesn’t want to be here and has done NOTHING when given the chance to warrant as much game time as he’s got. 

One assist in the minutes that add up to 3 and a half games not to mention helping turn the game vs United

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Carney is as talented a player for his age than I have ever seen. Certainly at Villa and I include Grealish. He hasn't shown it at senior  level yet but he's not had that many chances.

I'm disappointed he can't take advice and leadership from one of the best midfielders of all time, rather than some flesh peddling greedy scrote.

Gerrard should give him the "Looookhh ya fucken blairt. Do you know who I am? You've done nutten. Ya better stop listening to dat dere dickhead or you'll end up at Accrington Stanleeee. Come Ed soft lad, sign the fucken deal." talk.

Carney obviously thinks given a run of games he can rip it up in the PL.

It's just a case of at which club he gets that chance.

14 minutes ago, hippo said:

How can gerrard make that promise to him though? Im sure even JJ isnt told he is a guaranteed starter.

Chuck will get his chance if he commits. No doubt about it in my mind

• Like 1

If he stays great if he goes then whatever. He’s done **** all in the grand scheme of things, is completely replaceable as a footballer and if he’s playing games with us this early on then he’s bad news and we should show him and those like him we won’t be messed with, get rid and let him play games and cause trouble elsewhere. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Bruno G

Fair. He seems to be the only one of note there. Here if we're considering him an 8/10, he has to oust one of Coutinho, Buendia, Luiz, McGinn, Bailey, Ramsey. Ramsey's the only non-international in there and even he's on the fringes of the senior squad according to Southgate. He has a much tougher chance of breaking into the Villa team.

Newcastle, as much is it pains us to say this, are currently at a similar level to us and will probably shoot past us soon. Moving there is probably a step up for him all things considered.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

One assist in the minutes that add up to 3 and a half games not to mention helping turn the game vs United

So about 20 minutes in over 4 hours, ok mate. It doesn’t matter anyway if he doesn’t want to be here. 

No wonder there is so much angst on this thread about him leaving.

Most posters on this site bigging him up and adding to the hype. Too much exaggeration of the heights he will reach based on what he has done so far.

He certainly looks good playing other youngsters, but has come up short when playing against men,

Now I am not saying he will fail, it is just as likely he will succeed.

But he thinks he can do better somewhere else, whatever, the club will survive without him, and our youth setup will provide us with others, who knows, possibly as good as him or even better.

Just now, WHY said:

So about 20 minutes in over 4 hours, ok mate. It doesn’t matter anyway if he doesn’t want to be here. 

eh he got an assist in a different game plus nearly got an equaliser vs City

Is a lot of bitterness from people on here that they are making up that he just came on and did nothing when he played last season

Â