Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

11 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Mentality wise there’s barely any difference between an 18 year old and a 16 year old especially for a guy

I wouldn't know, I stopped at 12.

• Haha 4

If we do sell him and get anywhere near the £30-40 million that has been thrown around in the press, we have done amazingly well out of the situation! I am expecting to lose him for nothing, maybe £5 million in compensation if we're lucky. Anything more is a great deal for us if he doesn't want to stay.

If he goes to any of these clubs he's being linked with then unless he improves dramatically, from what I have seen, then his career will be stalled for at least 2 seasons. He will have to start again. We have seen time and time again young players wanting it all to quickly and basically destroying themselves. 

• Like 3

Not sure it's the right decision to leave him out of the pre-season tour but it's a tough one for the club and maybe it's a way of forcing the contract issue to be sorted before the season starts.

What I don't like is the fact a couple of weeks ago every Villa fan on social media was begging him to sign the contract and hyping him up. Now the contract dispute is still not sorted its all "His attitude is terrible" "He thinks he's better than he is", nobody outside the club has a clue about this lads attitude and what's going on. 

If he does thinks he's better than McGinn, Luiz and now sees us sign Kamara and potentially another CM and feels his time is even more limited then he's fully within his right to not sign a new deal. If he does go to Dortmund or somewhere else and they can offer him a better path to the first 11 and more minutes then he will take it and good for him, it's up to him to back it up in the future and I think he will.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

If we do sell him and get anywhere near the £30-40 million that has been thrown around in the press, we have done amazingly well out of the situation! I am expecting to lose him for nothing, maybe £5 million in compensation if we're lucky. Anything more is a great deal for us if he doesn't want to stay.

Too true. But would any sensible person really spend £30-40 million now given the contract situation? This all looks like more journo bullish!t click-bait.

5 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Too true. But would any sensible person really spend £30-40 million now given the contract situation? This all looks like more journo bullish!t click-bait.

Very similar situation to Arsenal and Rowe last season, Rowe had made more of an impact in the first team at that stage. Not sure what Chuck's been offered but it might not be a big salary and he may have been offered more elsewhere. Just like we did with Rowe......

29 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

IF he doesn't sign the contract on offer I think he'll be no1 most hated player for his career I'd say. knowing how cynical what he's done has been.

Which would make our fanbase seem small time for having a deep hatred to a kid who just technically showed loyalty to the club by seeing out his contract

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Not sure it's the right decision to leave him out of the pre-season tour but it's a tough one for the club and maybe it's a way of forcing the contract issue to be sorted before the season starts.

What I don't like is the fact a couple of weeks ago every Villa fan on social media was begging him to sign the contract and hyping him up. Now the contract dispute is still not sorted its all "His attitude is terrible" "He thinks he's better than he is", nobody outside the club has a clue about this lads attitude and what's going on. 

If he does thinks he's better than McGinn, Luiz and now sees us sign Kamara and potentially another CM and feels his time is even more limited then he's fully within his right to not sign a new deal. If he does go to Dortmund or somewhere else and they can offer him a better path to the first 11 and more minutes then he will take it and good for him, it's up to him to back it up in the future and I think he will.

The club have only excercised their rights, in the same way he has.

I feel sure, its the right decision, by SG

players come and go......but there is only one club, I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt over a young 18 year old.

Its the managements responsibility to create a winning mentality and a team spirit of togetherness.......bending over backwards for academy graduates, is not a illustration of strong management or inspiring leadership.

I guess it will all be sorted out in the long run......but we need a togetherness, going in to this new season and contract renegades,( despite their reasoning) is not conducive to that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TRO said:

The club have only excercised their rights, in the same way he has.

I feel sure, its the right decision, by SG

players come and go......but there is only one club, I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt over a young 18 year old.

Its the managements responsibility to create a winning mentality and a team spirit of togetherness.......bending over backwards for academy graduates, is not a illustration of strong management or inspiring leadership.

I guess it will all be sorted out in the long run......but we need a togetherness, going in to this new season and contract renegades,( despite their reasoning) is not conducive to that.

Exactly. Its a business. The clubs actions show exactly what they think of his professionalism.

Seems pretty wrapped up to me. He is off and the club are looking forward. We all move on.

Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out Chuck.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Exactly. Its a business. The clubs actions show exactly what they think of his professionalism.

Seems pretty wrapped up to me. He is off and the club are looking forward. We all move on.

Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out Chuck.

Its hard to see past that view.

The train is leaving the station......" is all on board"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, david-avfc said:

I don't mind if he wants to move on, other players have moved clubs at young ages and have been successful in doing so, particularly those moving to Germany in recent years. After all we signed Carney from Northampton Town anyway so we can't complain too much at him wanting to do the same thing again!

But what does irk me is that it seems like the lad has been given preferential treatment to entice him to stay - all our other youngsters have been loaned out first, and none of them were given reasonable PL game time at the age of 17 - and it looks like we've wasted our time when we could have prioritised giving other youngsters game time, or just playing senior players and maybe picking up more points during the season in games like Leeds, Burnley or even Liverpool and Man City. It's not his fault as he's just playing the cards he's been dealt to the best he see's them, but for the club it seems like poor planning as this could have been foreseen well in advance as transfer rumours go as far back as 2 years with this lad.

I would love us to continue to develop youngsters,  hopefully Ramsey will be our next home grown superstar and will then hopefully be followed by the likes of Archer, Kesler-Hayden among others. However, the players we chose to bring through at the very basic level have to be committed to Villa, if we are committed to developing them. The point of the youth system is to improve the club in the long run, either through selling them for significant transfer fees or bringing them into the senior squad. If we prioritise developing youngsters who don't want to stay around for the long haul it is hard to see what the benefit is. 

It's because he's much better than all of the other youngsters to be honest. It's not preferential treatment unless we consider preferring to promote better players to be that.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Why? If he feels he can get playing time there then so be it. You seriously can’t be this mad at an 18 year old who is likely to still listen to those closest to him about what’s best?  Mentality wise there’s barely any difference between an 18 year old and a 16 year old especially for a guy

Because its about money nothing else if he goes there.

Like i said if he goes barcelona i get the attraction but **** Newcastle?

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Because its about money nothing else if he goes there.

Like i said if he goes barcelona i get the attraction but **** Newcastle?

It’s the Barcelona of the north …………….. so they say. 🤣🤣

• Haha 4

To be fair he'd probably get more game time at Newcastle at least in the immediate future. They've been playing Longstaff and Shelvey there, it's not like he has to compete with full Brazilian/Argentine internationals like he does here, at least not yet.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

To be fair he'd probably get more game time at Newcastle at least in the immediate future. They've been playing Longstaff and Shelvey there, it's not like he has to compete with full Brazilian/Argentine internationals like he does here, at least not yet.

The thing is he will get game time here, gerrard has shown he isnt scared to start youngsters. If he performs well he will be given opportunity to start a game and keep his spot if he is consistent enough. Even JJ was a sub a couple of times

• Confused 1

Buying our way into Europe looks beyond us right now - the only feasible is to buy as best we can and supplement it with our home grown talent.

Not sure how showing Carney the door progress s us to be honest 

• Confused 2

58 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’d be gutted if he left, in my opinion, he’s a very talented young player with great potential. He’s someone I’ve seen develop over the past couple of years and Christian Purslow called him the best 16 year old in the country a couple of years ago. I think the club rate him highly too, even Jack Grealish didn’t make his debut at Villa until he was 18, Chukwuemeka was 17 I think. If the worst did happen and he wanted to leave, I think he will go on to have a great career, he has a lot of natural talent, 

Gareth Barry was twice the player at his age. I don’t believe he will have such a successful career as Barry had. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is he will get game time here, gerrard has shown he isnt scared to start youngsters. If he performs well he will be given opportunity to start a game and keep his spot if he is consistent enough. Even JJ was a sub a couple of times

If Carney thought he was getting starts anytime soon I'm sure he would have signed up .

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its hard to see past that view.

The train is leaving the station......" is all on board"

And besides, there's also the "team player" thing to consider. No small issue.  And after seeing what's happened at Man U in the last few years, even the APPEARANCE of a mercenary view of the badge can be undermining for the whole squad spirit. A squad of egomaniacs. When I see videos of our squad after a big win, in the last year or so, you see a real sparkle in players' eyes. A sense of real and not performed humility and gratitude to be Villa, or at least, I find it easy to project that perspective onto them. He already seems way too out of step with The Project. The contract dispute is both symptomatic of AND pathogenic towards that. 

Â