Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And you know people from the Church aren't motivated by money at all .

Pastor needs a private jet and a Bentley to spread the good word efficiently 😂

Pass me my bible. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think he owes the club anything.

I disagree. If he has been here since the age of 10 and the clubs helped developed him then i believe refusing to sign and being willing to go a free leaves a sour taste.

People were slating grealish but at least he continuted to play for us and ensured we got 100m for him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm guessing the club know MORE about the actual situation behind the scenes than us, with our skewed agendas on a message board one way or another would ( I'm referring to all of us ).

Doesn't Doug have the same amount of time left on his contract? Yet he's there..

I have a feeling there's alot of piss taking and dossing about happening, whether that be from representation or whoever.

absolutely fair point

it's like at work, when someone hands in their notice because they've got a job elsewhere, they just piss about for those last 2 weeks and i've seen it first hand it drags the rest of the team down to their level

it's absolutely not beyond the realms of possibility that he's giving it loads because he's "off to barca" and not putting in the hard yards in pre season

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

But who actually thinks he's going to Barcelona?

He was playing against Hednesford last night. He can't be that much of a big time charlie.

Seems a good kid to me.

That was his brother playing ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Marseille are broke and Kamara stayed to leave on a free. They needed money

Did they transfer list the player make it known he was available for a transfer?

As far as i can see he massively helped marseille

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

and the club owes him even less. In an era where players are deciding to run down contracts clubs need to be smart. Which is better getting a fee 12 months before the end of the contract or getting one more season out of the player. If the fee is better then clubs should freeze the player in question out of football for the final season. This is a way of clubs protecting themselves. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

If he doesn't want to sign a contract that's fair enough - he's obviously looking to be involved in the first team set up (either here or elsewhere)

But given his contract has over a year to run  

Leaving him out of a tour where we play only friendly games - is a bloody stupid thing to do.

As has been said - it's forcing him out the door.

The contract offer been there for ages tho and he not responded which is plain rude!
Its the right decision. We need to focus on players who want to play for us.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

yep if he wasnt good enough the club would happily release him like Revan or Onodi.

Surely you could flip it and say the club owe them for staying so long like Onodi leaving his home country as a kid

48 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Good.

If he's unwilling to commit his future he shouldn't be involved with the first team.

Welcome to the bomb squad.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

He didn't play against Hednesford, that was his brother Caleb.

Everything I've seen and heard from Carney suggests that he's a good character though, if he wants to move he wants to move, could be to go somewhere where he will get more game time, or could be because he's been lured by a 'bigger club', he's not the only one of our players that would leave us to go to a 'bigger club', in fact most of them would I imagine, just like most players would leave smaller clubs to sign for us.

Not looking good in terms of keeping, but I'm still hoping that there's a twist, or a change of mind somewhere and he signs a new deal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I disagree. If he has been here since the age of 10 and the clubs helped developed him then i believe refusing to sign and being willing to go a free leaves a sour taste.

People were slating grealish but at least he continuted to play for us and ensured we got 100m for him

Football clubs let a hell of lot of players go as well when not good enough, normally with not much to fall back on.  It works both ways.

He has to do what is best for him and his family. Not what is best for Aston Villa.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

and the club owes him even less. In an era where players are deciding to run down contracts clubs need to be smart. Which is better getting a fee 12 months before the end of the contract or getting one more season out of the player. If the fee is better then clubs should freeze the player in question out of football for the final season. This is a way of clubs protecting themselves. 

I agree, which is why I understand why Gerrard left him at home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly. We've show with Grealish and others. If Carney signed a contract extension and he progressed massively in next two seasons and wouldn't extend his contract we would sell him for a fee and we are both happy. He gets a big move at 21 and we get a fee that repays us for the 11 years invested in him. 

The plan to walk for free is pretty a cynical self serving attitude and down to the individual not how younger players in general act across football. 

4 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Somebody is still advising him, doesn't matter if it's an agent or a solicitor or his brother or father.

Yes that's how life works. When you make huge life decisions you take on opinions have family or friends or professionals.

Â