Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

The flip side to that is big contracts are coming, not only because of general football inflation but because we are increasing the average wage of the squad every summer 

The interesting with the barca link is last summer they moriba because they wouldn't pay him, he was on £25k a week from 16 and supposedly wanted around £150k a week which sounds mad... But in the context of the average wage at barca is £210k a week, one player earns over £1m a week and a few more earn over £500k a week it suddenly doesn't sound so mad

Villa will have and maybe should pay him in accordance with his role at the club, not on his age and experience

If he's going to play more games than sanson maybe he should earn more than sanson? That's £50k a week

That's why I personally think he's waiting, every window the wages at villa go up 

A good point. 

It will open flood doors if it happens though 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The flip side to that is big contracts are coming, not only because of general football inflation but because we are increasing the average wage of the squad every summer 

The interesting with the barca link is last summer they moriba because they wouldn't pay him, he was on £25k a week from 16 and supposedly wanted around £150k a week which sounds mad... But in the context of the average wage at barca is £210k a week, one player earns over £1m a week and a few more earn over £500k a week it suddenly doesn't sound so mad

Villa will have and maybe should pay him in accordance with his role at the club, not on his age and experience

If he's going to play more games than sanson maybe he should earn more than sanson? That's £50k a week

That's why I personally think he's waiting, every window the wages at villa go up 

And that's the reason Barca are in the shit they are in.

The amount of criticism he receives on here is insane. He hasn't said he wants to leave. Everyone is just making assumptions. Its because he is so good that he will have so many options that the decision is so tough. If he wasn't so good, then it is much easier as far few offers. 

It is rare that you see kids look so dominant in their age groups. Yes he hasn't taken the first team by storm yet but he is also up against some very seasoned professionals. He has been caught in the cross fire between the desire to win now and the need to build for the future. Once we couldn't finish in the top 7/8 Gerrard should have given the kids like CC far more playing time. It is so tough to expect young kids to come off the bench and change a game. There are so few players who have the calmness and time in possession that he has. He will be an absolute superstar.

We cannot afford to lose him for peanuts at this stage. I know everyone is worried about the precedent it sets in terms of other youth players but he is too valuable to let go if it is a decision coming down purely to money. The minute he signs a new contract he will be worth at least £20m+. He has the upside to be worth some crazy figures. Home grown 18 year old superstars dont come along every year. You can see how important the home grown factor is in the recent Williams and Collins transfers. 

Everyone tries to sugarcoat it saying he isnt all that etc. He is a ridiculous talent and to lose him at this stage of the journey would be a disaster. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, d821mc said:

The amount of criticism he receives on here is insane. He hasn't said he wants to leave. Everyone is just making assumptions. Its because he is so good that he will have so many options that the decision is so tough. If he wasn't so good, then it is much easier as far few offers. 

It is rare that you see kids look so dominant in their age groups. Yes he hasn't taken the first team by storm yet but he is also up against some very seasoned professionals. He has been caught in the cross fire between the desire to win now and the need to build for the future. Once we couldn't finish in the top 7/8 Gerrard should have given the kids like CC far more playing time. It is so tough to expect young kids to come off the bench and change a game. There are so few players who have the calmness and time in possession that he has. He will be an absolute superstar.

We cannot afford to lose him for peanuts at this stage. I know everyone is worried about the precedent it sets in terms of other youth players but he is too valuable to let go if it is a decision coming down purely to money. The minute he signs a new contract he will be worth at least £20m+. He has the upside to be worth some crazy figures. Home grown 18 year old superstars dont come along every year. You can see how important the home grown factor is in the recent Williams and Collins transfers. 

Everyone tries to sugarcoat it saying he isnt all that etc. He is a ridiculous talent and to lose him at this stage of the journey would be a disaster. 

Or maybe that’s just what people think of him? I like him and I think he is a great talent with so much potential. But all this superstar stuff is way too premature in my opinion. I personally haven’t seen enough to suggest this just yet 

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Or maybe that’s just what people think of him? I like him and I think he is a great talent with so much potential. But all this superstar stuff is way too premature in my opinion. I personally haven’t seen enough to suggest this just yet 

but I have seen nothing from him that thinks he is a superstar already or that he has a rampant ego as some seem to suggest

I think is a bit of bitterness from some fans about this which is fair enough but as somebody said if he wasnt very good and was released nobody would have cared

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree. But lets be honest, the only reason people are so down on him right now is because he might leave. If he was tied down, everyone would be singing his praises, deserved or not.

Just now, Zatman said:

but I have seen nothing from him that thinks he is a superstar already or that he has a rampant ego as some seem to suggest

I think is a bit of bitterness from some fans about this which is fair enough but as somebody said if he wasnt very good and was released nobody would have cared

I agree with this. Seems quite humble if anything and clearly very religious.  He probably just wants what will be best for him and family. Cant begrudge him that. However if there comes a time where it’s clear he won’t be signing a new contract no point involving him in next seasons plans. 

I honestly don’t care either way.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Exactly this

The billy big bollocks stuff is coming from fans not from him, he's said absolutely nothing, even Gerrard and the club have said very little, the various articles that there are contain the usual rehashing of other articles and a lot of wishy washy stuff, there's next to nothing of any substance anywhere on this 

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

clearing in the woods

Shit like that doesn't help, knows exactly what he's doing and who it will rile up

Ramsey and Tim aren't in oz either 

Edit - 4 comments in "**** him" 

Its just nonsense 

Edited by villa4europe

Ramsey and Ireogbunam, meanwhile, are currently alongside Steven Gerrard’s first-team group out on the Gold Coast having arrived last week following their success with England.

This was in Preece's article.

31 minutes ago, d821mc said:

I actually haven't tried to " sugarcoat " anything.

I saw more with JJ and Tim than I have from him at this stage for me to be overawed.

As has been mentioned many times, he's physically more developed than pretty much all the kids he " dominates" against.

Again, currently I could see him tearing it up in slower European leagues, I still don't see the effectiveness for the PL. YET

This could obviously change , or maybe I just haven't seen enough of him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rodders said:

It's clearly out of sheer reluctance or he's forced us into giving him too much money

If he signs a contract with us it will be one he's happy with. If he manages to get a bigger pay rise then fair play to him, he's played it well. 

Post just on avfc Facebook with Gerrard, he said that he hasn’t signed a contract that has been with him for a while so Steve made the decision to leave him in the UK. Hause is recovering from surgery and Anwar is expecting his first child, everyone else is there.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

clearing in the woods

Shit like that doesn't help, knows exactly what he's doing and who it will rile up

Ramsey and Tim aren't in oz either 

Edit - 4 comments in "**** him" 

Its just nonsense 

I hate Gregg but Gerrard said on the interview from the official website today that Chuck isn’t in Australia because he hasn’t signed the contract so I’m not seeing the difference?

Â