Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

54 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't know what his beef really is?

What beef? 

The idea of it being beef is knicker wetting

Time is on his side, the longer he waits the more he will earn, villa would be daft to throw their toys out of the pram and walk away, he would be daft to sign a contract before we increase our wage budget this summer 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I don't know what his beef really is?

He's a vegan I heard. Youngsters these days. And he only turned vegan to impress some hippy bird.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

I imagine the lack of games recently is due to the fact he’s not signing, he featured a fair bit early on under Gerrard, overtaken by Iroegbunam  now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Did anyone else read that like he’s looking to leave because of not getting the game time? I’d love to see him get more minutes but if he’s making it clear that he doesn’t want to sign on, then I don’t see why we would give him time on the pitch only for another club to benefit.

Edited by Woody1000

Just now, DCJonah said:

Yep. It was obvious the club aren't going to give him significant minutes when he wasnt committed to the club.

Quite right too, a shame but it's obviously difficult to keep everyone happy!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Did anyone else read that like he’s looking to leave because of not getting the game time? I’d love to see him get more minutes but if he’s making it clear that he doesn’t want to sign on, then I don’t see why we would give him time on the pitch only for another club to benefit.

It implies that yes, but he was given opportunities under Gerrard early on and probably would have been rewarded with a start sooner or later, but if he isn’t going to sign there’s no benefit investing more time in him.

• Like 1

Iroegbunam will have no bearing on his game time as they play different positions.

Also I doubt he's made it clear that he doesn't want to sign on or that he wants to leave, if that was the case we wouldn't even name him on the bench.

To be honest I think that tweet is just speculative, doesn't really say anthing new.

All that said if we want to keep him then need to give him some minutes, otherwise of course he's going to think he's better off elsewhere and can't really blame him, he's one of the best young players in the country, he needs to be playing and developing.

Of course the most logical solution would surely be for him to just sign a contract in the summer and then go on loan and get his first team football that way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

It implies that yes, but he was given opportunities under Gerrard early on and probably would have been rewarded with a start sooner or later, but if he isn’t going to sign there’s no benefit investing more time in him.

It’s definitely changed hasn’t it? From January definitely he looked to be edging towards getting a start but didn’t help going out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round.

if we thought we had the next bellingham on our hands we'd pay what his agent is asking for

something still doesn't add up for me. say what you want about romano, but i find it weird that a journo with over 7.5 twitter followers is tweeting about a kid playing for a team in the PL bottom half with barely a handful of 1st team appearances under his belt

i still maintain his agent is **** about here and has a few journos on speed dial.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Iroegbunam will have no bearing on his game time as they play different positions.

Also I doubt he's made it clear that he doesn't want to sign on or that he wants to leave, if that was the case we wouldn't even name him on the bench.

To be honest I think that tweet is just speculative, doesn't really say anthing new.

All that said if we want to keep him then need to give him some minutes, otherwise of course he's going to think he's better off elsewhere and can't really blame him, he's one of the best young players in the country, he needs to be playing and developing.

Of course the most logical solution would surely be for him to just sign a contract in the summer and then go on loan and get his first team football that way.

Whilst they play different positions, I think if one plays the other doesn’t, as Gerrard won’t want 2 teenagers in CM. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He hasnt got a start yet from Gerrard yest and looking at his minutes it was only twice he got more than 20 minutes game time and one was vs City 

I can see why he would be frustrated to stay. Its a strange situation but has been players underperforming and getting 90 minutes while he and a few others are stuck on the bench

• Like 1

The reason he's getting less game time will have nothing to do with him signing a contract or not, his current deal doesn't end until October 2023, as I say if we were that disappointed with him for not signing a contract extension he wouldn't even be on the bench, but of course he's on the bench, as you don't just decide to not use a player because they haven't signed a new deal, when their current deal still has around eighteen months.

The reason for him getting less game time since January will be because of the following, Coutinho's arrival, the emergence of Waktins and Ings as a duo that can work, so one less space in the front three for a No.10 type, this is even costing Buendia game time, and also the return to fitness of Bailey and Traore.

As I've said previously I think the thing that's costing him minutes, is how he's been suddenly thought of as more of No.10 to be used in the front three, whereas at academy level he's aways played in the midfield three as a box to box midfielder both for us and for England, if we want to give game time would make the most sense to use him in that way for the first team, that's where we're lacking options, and we've got a youngster who's gained himself a reputation as one of the best young midfielders in the country playing as No.8, should be getting game time in games coming on for either McGInn or Ramsey.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, useless said:

The reason he's getting less game time will have nothing to do with him signing a contract or not, his current deal doesn't end until October 2023, as I say if we were that disappointed with him for not signing a contract extension he wouldn't even be on the bench, but of course he's on the bench, as you don't just decide to not use a player because they haven't signed a new deal, when their current deal still has around eighteen months.

The reason for him getting less game time since January will be because of the following, Coutinho's arrival, the emergence of Waktins and Ings as a duo that can work, so one less space in the front three for a No.10 type, this is even costing Buendia game time, and also the return to fitness of Bailey and Traore.

As I've said previously I think the thing that's costing him minutes, is how he's been suddenly thought of as more of No.10 to be used in the front three, whereas at academy level he's aways played in the midfield three as a box to box midfielder both for us and for England, if we want to give game time would make the most sense to use him in that way for the first team, that's where we're lacking options, and we've got a youngster who's gained himself a reputation as one of the best young midfielders in the country playing as No.8, should be getting game time in games coming on for either McGInn or Ramsey.

I disagree. It's been months of banging on about him not signing. Gerrard have him minutes and he did well there's no need to have not played him for even 1 minute for months.

Either as an 8 or a 10, we haven't been super since Jan. Sanson had minutes, got injured or 'unavailable' still no minutes as an 8. Traore and Trez got minutes before Afcon as 10s. 

There's been minutes available, he stopped getting used around the time it was last leaked in the press he wouldn't sign. 

Its been too long now of the same stuff coming out. Its not often I buy stuff from the press. I buy this. 

• Like 1

His agent is fishing, agree its surprising that he's managed to get Romano on board

Still think he'll sign after the summer once the average salary of the squad has increased getting himself a better deal

The reaction on social media is of course ridiculously negative, close to the point where I'd say fans don't want him so why would he sign, just hope our village idiots aren't trying to message him to tell him to **** off (but they almost definitley are) 

If we're naming him as a sub but then not playing him on purpose as some sort of punishment then Gerrard is an absolute **** idiot and a child 

I don't believe people more senior than Gerrard would back that action either 

59 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

if we thought we had the next bellingham on our hands we'd pay what his agent is asking for

something still doesn't add up for me. say what you want about romano, but i find it weird that a journo with over 7.5 twitter followers is tweeting about a kid playing for a team in the PL bottom half with barely a handful of 1st team appearances under his belt

i still maintain his agent is **** about here and has a few journos on speed dial.

His agent isn't asking for anything. We aren't in negotiations, it's been the same since October. Carney wants out and doesn't want to sign a new deal.

Edit: I do agree on Romano though. I've found it weird all year that the press have given it air time. He's basically a nobody with no starts and very few minutes. It does t surprise me he wants to leave but it does surprise me the media are even bothered.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Â