Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

You'd imagine we would change our vote on the 5 subs rule next time around given the bench we can put out now. Could be crucial for keeping players happy + bringing the youngsters through. 

Edited by villarule123

Gerrard saying they've tried to progress the talks, they haven't progressed. 

tbh we just sell him for a fee in summer and move on. We're absolutely stacked in the midfield areas especially when we sign a CDM

• Like 1

Give him until the summer and if no progress, sell him. No guarantee he will ever make it. Sell his brother as well as I'm sure we only signed him to keep him happy! 

The problem is, he's not a local lad, so I guess he feels less affinity to the club than Barry or Ramsey or Archer. 

1 minute ago, MellbergsBeard said:

I’d be dropping him now back to the u23’s we have offered contracts, gave minutes and he still won’t commit.

We have Aaron Ramsey, Tommy O'Reilly and Tim Iroegbunam, not to mention a few others.

I don't know what his gripe is but he is not good enough yet to command a first team place....whether he ever is, is another debate.

My suspicion is SG could lose patience, with him eventually and there will be only one winner, there.

Its hard to firm up on opinions without the necessary info on the situation...but if this impasse prolongs, it will affect his progress.

• Like 2

I think we have sufficient Nous in our hierarchy to know, when and what the right outcome will be.

Personally, I have switched off, in my interest in him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Apart from missing a sitter against city I don't really remember him doing anything in the times he's come on, RHM had a similar attitude if I recall and he's now playing in Cyprus. 

Looked exceptional when he came on against Man Utd at Villa Park where he helped change the game and was involved in the lead up to the first goal, assisted a really good goal away at Norwich, was very good against City and should have scored, is the youngest starting CM for almost 20 years in the Premier League and has been called the best 16 year old in England by a very astute CEO. 

He's dogshit mate. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I guess we don't know what the sticking point is yet. More game time? Genuinely wants to leave? Wants more money? I don't know. 

2 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Apart from missing a sitter against city I don't really remember him doing anything in the times he's come on, RHM had a similar attitude if I recall and he's now playing in Cyprus. 

Didn't we lose Kane Taylor to Man City, in a similar scenario?

When they don't want to be at a club, being so young, it must be grind, for them and their team mates....Steven Gerrard made it, through his love for Liverpool, aside from his great talent, as did Jack.

If Carney doesn't want to be here, I don't see much hope for him with us.....is he just treading water?

All these players are going to be world beaters.....but very few turn out to be.

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Looked exceptional when he came on against Man Utd at Villa Park where he helped change the game and was involved in the lead up to the first goal, assisted a really good goal away at Norwich, was very good against City and should have scored, is the youngest starting CM for almost 20 years in the Premier League and has been called the best 16 year old in England by a very astute CEO. 

He's dogshit mate. 

Its sometimes the real issue.....players who have been told from a very early age, they will be the dogs doodahs, get a very melancholy mood hang over them, when they don't progress.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Didn't we lose Kane Taylor to Man City, in a similar scenario?

Hadn't heard of him, but just looked him up.

Dan Crowley was another young world beater that left us. His career went to shit. 

Rewatch highlights and extended highlights. 

When we score, they pan to the bench and the person on the bench going crazy the most is always Carney: he's right into it and is delighted for his team mates. 

Those peddling the 'he doesn't want to be here' line... I'm just not seeing it in his body language. 

Look at Rafinha last night, had the body language of a wet cat shit. 

Yes there's a sticking point with his new contract, but that could be a lot of things, his attitude cannot be questioned imo. 

• Like 3

We don't fully know the situation but it does feel like he don't want to be here, I say if he don't buy in, get rid! We are in a great position now with other good prospects coming through as has been mentioned.

will be interesting to see what we do with him in the summer.

Im sure i saw an interview where Gerrard implied "we have him for 18 months regardless of what the contract situation is", implying we would hold on to him until his contract ends.

However, if he really doesnt want to sign an extension, wouldnt it be madness not to cash in on him, for whatever we can get in the summer? (if he doest want to stay).

Its ironic really, as he is hindering his own development with these games, as he may have got more minutes and development time if we knew he was staying, also....although he has looked ok when he has come on, he certainly doesnt look "regular starter ready", so im not sure what he is after.

Seems like he is being badly advised or something, if so...good luck to him becoming a perennial loan player at a  "big club".

• Like 1

Chukwuemeka is currently at Bodymoor Heath supporting the U23s, not sure that that lines up with the 'bad attitude' that some are suggesting that he has. Makes sense for him to wait until the summer before deciding what to do with his future, let him concentrate on his football for now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â