Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

11 hours ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Gerrard commented on him specifically

"I'm still waiting to find out what Carney's going to do in terms of his future - so there's a lot going on in that No.10 area that we're discussing and analysing at the moment."

So as we suspected then.

Over to you Carney, please do the right thing and not go down the Dan Cowley route.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i think he just wants more time

he signs the contract now then he signs a 5 year deal as someone with bags of potential but only a rotational squad player who makes a sub appearance every 3rd game, give it a year and he's a rotational player who's starting every 3rd game and his starting point in negotiations is far higher, probably to the tune of £10k+ per week higher

i dont believe that we would put him on the bench or in match day squads and then have a problem bringing him on or mess him about because of his contract, if we had a problem we'd drop him entirely 

i naturally think that his agent is a bell end though, they all are

we are a good club for opportunities right now

Up to last few weeks he was getting similar exposure to what Ramsey was getting 12 months back, regular sub cameos for various different outcomes in games.

He hasn't started much but then he did start in August v newly promoted team at home. Some nice touches but he wasn't amazing that day so I just don't think he's ready to start 5 prem games in a row for instance like Ramsey is now.

Get the feeling the agent is telling him he's better than Ramsey and should be starting which is nonsense as Ramsey has proven himself capable under two different managers in last 18 months and deserves to be starting most weeks for us.

• Like 1

I'm getting a bad feeling about this guy. A sense of entitlement. It doesn't bode well.

Contrast that with Jacob Ramsey. Enthusiastic about every chance he gets and when he's subbed off early or starts as a sub he accepts it and waits for his next chance.

I think Carney is the better player. Hope this doesn't end how I think it will.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Get the feeling the agent is telling him he's better than Ramsey and should be starting which is nonsense as Ramsey has proven himself capable under two different managers in last 18 months and deserves to be starting most weeks for us.

completely agree with the 2nd bit

but the 1st bit is what i mean about vilifying him, there's nothing to back that up - @kevpants your comment is exactly the same

he's a kid who hasnt signed a contract for whatever reason that he himself has never disclosed and we're all guessing as to what he is and isnt with the majority of it being negative 

Just now, villa4europe said:

completely agree with the 2nd bit

but the 1st bit is what i mean about vilifying him, there's nothing to back that up - @kevpants your comment is exactly the same

he's a kid who hasnt signed a contract for whatever reason that he himself has never disclosed and we're all guessing as to what he is and isnt with the majority of it being negative 

TBF I'm also wondering why Luiz isn't signing a deal in his own thread.

However he's already played in another top league as a regular, has 10 + caps for Brazil and nearly 100 games in premier league so it's a different metric as he's at different stage of his career even if he's not playing very well currently.

I just think we're on the rise and Carney can learn so much from Gerrard on and off the pitch it feels like a waste for him just to move on. If a top level german club really wants him that's a harder decision but no way is he currently good enough to go straight into Dortmund team.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Gerrard commented on him specifically

"I'm still waiting to find out what Carney's going to do in terms of his future - so there's a lot going on in that No.10 area that we're discussing and analysing at the moment."

Pretty obvious really. 

Google this

And the only results are the Birmingham Mail and this website, and looking at the BM article Gerrard is quoted as making the comment in reply to being asked if he thinks they need another No.10, he also spoke about Bailey's injury and players being away at the AFCONs.

Chukwuemeka not being brought on has nothing to do with him not signing a contract, he wouldn't even be on the bench in the first place if we had no intention of potentially using him because of his contract situation.

Philogene-Bidace who was brought on last night, has a contract that ends at the same time as Chukwuemeka's.

Not playing players because they haven't signed a contract even though they already have one with eighteen or months left doesn't make sense and it's not something we'd do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If he doesn't want to commit to the club it probably is the right decision to prioritize other players ahead of him.

I'm just not going to get worked-up over an 18 year old.  If he goes to Borussia Dortmund, so be it. Sancho was at City, De Bruyne at Chelsea....you can't babysit players for years and years until they reach their peak. Some are bound to move on.

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

I'm just not going to get worked-up over an 18 year old.  If he goes to Borussia Dortmund, so be it. Sancho was at City, De Bruyne at Chelsea....you can't babysit players for years and years until they reach their peak. Some are bound to move on.

Dortmund a good shout.

Would be a very good move for him.

He would play every week there and develop nicely.

As talented as he is he isn't getting in the team ahead of Buendia or Coutinho anytime soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He wouldn't play every week at Dortmund, he'd be in the same situation he is with us, if he was good enough to be a regular for Dortmund at this moment in time, or even good enough to be a bit part player for them he'd be getting more minutes with us. Dortmund don't put youth players in their team for the sake of it, they have to be ready and at a certain level.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, useless said:

Google this

And the only results are the Birmingham Mail and this website, and looking at the BM article Gerrard is quoted as making the comment in reply to being asked if he thinks they need another No.10, he also spoke about Bailey's injury and players being away at the AFCONs.

Chukwuemeka not being brought on has nothing to do with him not signing a contract, he wouldn't even be on the bench in the first place if we had no intention of potentially using him because of his contract situation.

Philogene-Bidace who was brought on last night, has a contract that ends at the same time as Chukwuemeka's.

Not playing players because they haven't signed a contract even though they already have one with eighteen or months left doesn't make sense and it's not something we'd do.

Think he said it verbally in post match comments and nobody has yet run the quote. For some reason the Birmingham Mail did an interview with their own reporter (Ashley Preece) paraphrasing Gerrard and printed that instead... Which is totally backwards. But it's the bottom few paragraphs of this 'article'

www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-gerrard-drops-huge-lucas-22708806.amp

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, useless said:

He wouldn't play every week at Dortmund, he'd be in the same situation he is with us, if he was good enough to be a regular for Dortmund at this moment in time, or even good enough to be a bit part player for them he'd be getting more minutes with us. Dortmund don't put youth players in their team for the sake of it, they have to be ready and at a certain level.

Completely agree but I also think they'd take him and I also think he would believe he would be the next Bellingham.

Leipzig would be more realistic imo.

But baffles me that when we're trying to do what Leipzig did, and do it in the Prem - at a club where he already is and is viewed so highly, with Gerrard as manager considering his midfield pedigree.. that he would leave.

Up to him I suppose but I won't quite understand it. Kids got some awful advice being given to him. I wouldn't have liked it but had this been the situation 4 years ago and he decided to leave, I'd begrudgingly understand. But we have the tools to give him everything he wants and if he wants to leave in the future we've also proven we can get players into the very highest levels of the game from our youth academy

If he was to leave I think he'd have all the top clubs interested in him based on his potential, but at this moment in time he'd be in the same situation with them that he is with us, only he'd probably find it more difficult to break into their teams because they have better players than us, which is one of the reasons I think he will sign a new deal with us, I think people are fretting way too early that he hasn't signed one yet.

If Dortmund were to lose Bellingham and were to go for one of our players I think they'd much more likely go for Jacob Ramsey as he's much more similar to Bellingham than Chukwuemeka.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Dortmund a good shout.

Would be a very good move for him.

He would play every week there and develop nicely.

As talented as he is he isn't getting in the team ahead of Buendia or Coutinho anytime soon.

So he'd be a star at Dortmund but get no minutes for us? Are you sure that makes sense?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Dortmund have a much better track record of developing youngsters

That is not the discussion. You said he would play every week. I doubt that very much.

Nothing to do with how good Dortmund are at developing youngsters.

Â