Pre match thread

roonst83

Bournemouth play burnley away, be stunned if they pick up any more than a point as they are terrible away and burnley have come into form. Palace newcastle you would hope for a draw to keep them both on the mix. Sheff utd should be beating brighton at home also. 

A win for us, coupled with a tough game for watford at old trafford on sunday and an even tougher game fir west ham at anfield would be monumental.

If we are going to beat southampton, this is the time. Mings back, grealish on fire, samatta causing havoc, reina outstanding, no redmond, boufal or walker peters for them. Come on villa!

• Like 3

Reina

Konsa - Mings - Hause

Guilbert - Luiz - Drinkwater - Targett

El Ghazi - Samatta - Grealish

I expect it'll be that tomorrow. Southampton are terrible at home but we're terrible away so I worry for us, I really want to have some belief but as of right this moment I struggle to see where points are going to come from until the Newcastle game really. That surely can't happen so hopefully tomorrow is a big turning point. If we can put in a performance like we've done against Leicester and Spurs (attacking wise) we can beat them but you never know which Villa are going to turn up. Things have gone our way around us the past couple gameweeks and we haven't taken advantage, need to change this tomorrow and drag Southampton back into the fight. 

1 hour ago, Londonastonvilla said:

The odds on us to win are 4-1/5-1 are we really that bad?Southhampton have the worst home record in the prem

Couldn't believe the price myself, either. The bookies are not wrong too often, but seem to want to bet against us this time. I hope they have the odds very wrong this time. Let's bust a few odds on punter's coupons, this weekend! 😉

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John said:

Couldn't believe the price myself, either. The bookies are not wrong too often, but seem to want to bet against us this time. I hope they have the odds very wrong this time. Let's bust a few odds on punter's coupons, this weekend! 😉

I'm a bit surprised at the odds myself. Southampton are  1.6-1 & Villa are 5-1.  I'll be having a little flutter on this one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farlz said:

Reina

Konsa - Mings - Hause

Guilbert - Luiz - Drinkwater - Targett

El Ghazi - Samatta - Grealish

I expect it'll be that tomorrow. Southampton are terrible at home but we're terrible away so I worry for us, I really want to have some belief but as of right this moment I struggle to see where points are going to come from until the Newcastle game really. That surely can't happen so hopefully tomorrow is a big turning point. If we can put in a performance like we've done against Leicester and Spurs (attacking wise) we can beat them but you never know which Villa are going to turn up. Things have gone our way around us the past couple gameweeks and we haven't taken advantage, need to change this tomorrow and drag Southampton back into the fight. 

That team but swap out DL for Nakamba, liking DL off the bench recently. This one is winnable and we are due a result on the road.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

That team but swap out DL for Nakamba, liking DL off the bench recently. This one is winnable and we are due a result on the road.

DL off bench was working. He's too nonchalant for 90 mins often

• Like 2

Morning all. Match day again, and another game where it feels so, so crucial to get a win. 
I think we’ll be fired up after the Spurs loss, going to day 1-2 to Villa. Samatta and Mings with the goals... 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

Feeling pretty positive about today, I think we’ll win this. We’ve got a point to prove and some revenge to take. The last time we played away at 3pm on a Saturday, Samatta scored. Same again today please, but with another and one from Jack. 

3 points will be a huge boost with the teams around us all expected to lose. 

11 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

We cut out the errors, we survive. That simple.

I dont think any other team makes as many sloppy passes or complete **** ups at the back than we do. Ridiculous

Most individual errors of any team I’m sure I read. Like to see our points tally without those. Incredibly frustrating. 

Craig Pawson refereeing this one, he was in charge in the reverse fixture too. He’s not refereed a Villa win yet this season, a fact I reminded him of during a meeting at work a couple of weeks ago. His response? Well there hasn’t been many Villa wins at all so what do you expect me to do? My response? Good point, clearing in the woods. 

(although he did quite well in the 2-2 at Old Trafford)

I know that referees can’t listen to friends, family, workmates, but I always do my best to try and put a little subconscious Villa bias into him when I see him. Hopefully that helps us today. 

bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Most individual errors of any team I’m sure I read. Like to see our points tally without those. Incredibly frustrating. 

Yeah there was a stat I seen earlier, I think it was on Premier league World but we've made the most errors leading to a shot, the most errors leading to a goal and have given up 16 points after taking the lead! I know you're never going to win every game you take the lead in but even if we just managed to hold onto one of those wins we'd be so much better off. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Craig Pawson refereeing this one, he was in charge in the reverse fixture too. He’s not refereed a Villa win yet this season, a fact I reminded him of during a meeting at work a couple of weeks ago. His response? Well there hasn’t been many Villa wins at all so what do you expect me to do? My response? Good point, clearing in the woods. 

(although he did quite well in the 2-2 at Old Trafford)

I know that referees can’t listen to friends, family, workmates, but I always do my best to try and put a little subconscious Villa bias into him when I see him. Hopefully that helps us today. 

bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

Is there anyway you could assume his identity? Possibly with some sort of FaceOff like technology? And then give us many, many unreasonable penalties and them some red cards?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Is there anyway you could assume his identity? Possibly with some sort of FaceOff like technology? And then give us many, many unreasonable penalties and them some red cards?

I could nick his work ID badge, that might fool the Premier League officials. I’d say I’ve got a good 7 minutes running in me, so a couple of reds and two penalties before going down with an ‘injury’, should do it! 

• Haha 1