Pre match thread

roonst83

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Absolute certainty that Ings will score. Absolute certainty that Southampton will get at least two goals in total. Therefore we need to score at least three to get the win. Highly unlikely but here’s hoping.

Absolutely right. Can't help but feel we're always likely to let in at least 2-3 goals, so we need to score a minimum of 3 in every game for the rest of the season to try and get points.

13 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Absolute certainty that Ings will score. Absolute certainty that Southampton will get at least two goals in total. Therefore we need to score at least three to get the win. Highly unlikely but here’s hoping.

Shane Long always scores against us !!!!

Any other team he cant hit a barn door, but us.....

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Shane Long always scores against us !!!!

Any other team he cant hit a barn door, but us.....

Forgot about him. Yep he does like playing against us. Could be a long afternoon. We need a Super Jack super show today.

I took my 5 year old to a half term football club yesterday. The lad doing the coaching was the spitting image of Jack. My lad spent the day calling him Super Jacky Grealish! I don’t think any of the other kids knew who Jack was but by the end of the day they were all calling the coach Jack.! It was very amusing. Hopefully a good omen!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Is there anyway you could assume his identity? Possibly with some sort of FaceOff like technology? And then give us many, many unreasonable penalties and them some red cards?

Or just do the old fashioned kevin friend brown envelope method!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I'm not ITK, but my mate has been right on 1 or 2 things before and he says that's today's line-up. Just passing on what I've heard

Thanks mate. The most disappointing thing is seeing Drinkwater start 😞

• Haha 1

Anyone tempted to move Jack back to play alongside Nakamba in midfield?  Play Baston and Samatta up front together?  I'd give Engels a go at redeeming himself too.

-------------------------Reina---------------------

----------Engels----Mings----Hause-------

Fred-----Nakamba----Jack------Targett

----------------------El Ghazi---------------------

----------Baston-------Samatta---------------

Reason being I think we need Jack to pick the ball up deeper because I don't trust Drinkwater or Luiz at the moment.  I reckon Baston and Samatta can give defenders different problems and we need to be less predictable as already it looks like teams have figured out playing the new formation.

All week I’ve thought it’s a high scoring Win for us today.

4-2 or 4-3, something like that.

But, tragically,I had a really nice easy journey, parked2 minutes from the ground, had a lovely doze in the car and just had a fantastic bacon baguette.

No way do we Win on top of that. Sorry folks.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Anyone tempted to move Jack back to play alongside Nakamba in midfield?  Play Baston and Samatta up front together?  I'd give Engels a go at redeeming himself too.

Reason being I think we need Jack to pick the ball up deeper because I don't trust Drinkwater or Luiz at the moment.  I reckon Baston and Samatta can give defenders different problems and we need to be less predictable as already it looks like teams have figured out playing the new formation.

Nah Baston looked way off the pace. I’d go switch Mings for Engels and Nakamba for Drinkwater. Leave the rest.

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Luiz is fine in that position, stick Nakamba along side him a bit deeper to protect the defence and Luiz can pick it up and pass forward. His passing is decent. Jack needs to be further forward where he can do the most damage. Also I don’t think Baston should be starting a game yet. 

Come on Villa. My son (11) has bagged a ticket in the family section with his Southampton supporting mates, he insisted on wearing his Villa top under his bright orange hoodie! He's been practising his Allez Allez Allez all morning. Hopefully we won't lose! UTV!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's Villa everywhere down here. Are we sure they only gave us 3,200 tickets? 

I meet quite a lot of Villa fans down these parts. Lots from the Navy, I've always reckoned its because us Brummies crave to be beside the seaside.

• Thanks 1