Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

17 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

He's a very good player Jonah. Watched him couple of times now.

Only 24 years old too! 

Very good suggestion mate!

Will have to check him out, does he play for Senegal? One of his CB partners is Ruben Semedo, remember watching his debut for Villareal three years ago and it was one of the worst I'd ever seen, was at fault for all three goals. Played about 5 more times for them and then got loaned out to Huesca where he barely played and got done for armed robbery. :lol:

Just reading his wiki again and had no idea Bjorn Engels played for Olympiakos, just the 17 games between 2017-19 before he went to France.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Will have to check him out, does he play for Senegal? One of his CB partners is Ruben Semedo, remember watching his debut for Villareal three years ago and it was one of the worst I'd ever seen, was at fault for all three goals. Played about 5 more times for them and then got loaned out to Huesca where he barely played and got done for armed robbery. :lol:

Just reading his wiki again and had no idea Bjorn Engels played for Olympiakos, just the 17 games between 2017-19 before he went to France.

Yeah made couple of appearances for Senegal.

Arsenal was linked with him for around £10mil last year.

Funny enough he scored against them in Feb when they won 2-1 at the Emirates in Europa League.  He had an excellent all-round game.... Very good defender.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Osorio is one I like, was outstanding for Venezeula when they drew 0-0 with Brazil in the copa america last summer. Decent pace and can fill in at RB aswell.

At Porto but they keep loaning him out, did really well at Vitoria Guimares but hasn't played much at Zenit St Petersburg so far so will be available. Probably someone who's on Wolves radar given how well Wily Boly has done for them, he was on the fringes at Porto aswell.

• Thanks 1

Been reading up on and watching Marseille pair CB x2 Boubacar Kamara & Duje Caleta-Car ... centre back as and realistic options IMO and an upgrade on what we have.

One of Last summers more random links may also be worth taking another look at Perhaps - Waldemar Anton young CB from Hannover 96 he is very highly rated. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Semedo criminal record is a different level to his playing record 😂

Surprised a decent sized like Olympiakos would go near him

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Been reading up on and watching Marseille pair CB x2 Boubacar Kamara & Duje Caleta-Car ... centre back as and realistic options IMO and an upgrade on what we have.

One of Last summers more random links may also be worth taking another look at Perhaps - Waldemar Anton young CB from Hannover 96 he is very highly rated. 

Really the last thing we need are new CBs, if we have 100m + to invest we desperately need a left winger, right winger and a DM.

Once those roles are sorted we can think about others, but those 3 are the super critical positions we need to sort asap, and 3 roles that would make a HUGE difference to the performance of the team imo.

I'm not sure. Yes we have lots of CBs but we desperately need a calm head alongside Mings. If we get one I'd loan one out. Hause will probably be back in the championship within 18 months aswell, certainly will be culled if we actually stay up and then kick on up the league table.

We stay up and then scout well and sign a good experienced CB, holding midfielder and upgrade out wide on Trez and El Ghazi (shouldn't be that hard) and I think we'd have the makings of a mid table team who could target 8th or 9th as a progressive season. We have after all only finished in the top half 4 four times since 2004 I think.

Think it's possible we could sign those three for 70-80m so half of what we spent last summer although our wage bill would signficantly increase.

• Like 1

We Need better players all over the park... GK excluded we lack quality. but I agree other position are more critical. Our defence is suspect and I’m not sure if that’s down to quality, tactics and the way we set up.

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

We Need better players all over the park... GK excluded we lack quality. but I agree other position are more critical. Our defence is suspect and I’m not sure if that’s down to quality, tactics and the way we set up.

I think we have quality all over the pitch. In my opinion, we as fans are lucky to have these players and manager and owners

20 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think we have quality all over the pitch. In my opinion, we as fans are lucky to have these players and manager and owners

Then why are we in the relegation zone ? The balance of the team isn’t right and I’m not criticising the job done thus far but we can all agree it’s a work in progress 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I'm not sure. Yes we have lots of CBs but we desperately need a calm head alongside Mings. If we get one I'd loan one out. Hause will probably be back in the championship within 18 months aswell, certainly will be culled if we actually stay up and then kick on up the league table.

From what i've seen of Mings this season i'm not even sure he is a PL quality CB.

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Then why are we in the relegation zone ? The balance of the team isn’t right and I’m not criticising the job done thus far but we can all agree it’s a work in progress 

We’re a newly promoted team, if we finish 17th, we’ve had great season

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Sheffield United are also a newly promoted team

Their manager has been there for 4 years, he has been given time and has built a side full of courage, commitment and no little skill. If we give Smith 4 years then he might do something similar. Sheffield United have built something special there, we gave Smith a new 4 year contract so the board are clearly happy with him as am I

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yes but we need to progress and continue to build and We can’t stand still which means increasing the quality across the pitch year upon year. 

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Yes but we need to progress and continue to build and We can’t stand still which means increasing the quality across the pitch year upon year. 

I agree with you but we have to stay up first

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

From what i've seen of Mings this season i'm not even sure he is a PL quality CB.

Well he's the best we've got and also plays for a top 10 international side so he's not been too bad in last 18 months. He just needs an experienced head alongside him to call him down at times as he hasn't played that much at prem level with all his injuries at Bournemouth.

Like a broken record but a Cahill type stopgap for two years would've been ideal. Could've helped Engles and Konsa also develop a bit more.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

So are Sheffield United and Wolves a year ago. Yes staying up would be good but there was no law saying we couldn't push on to comfortable mid table which plenty of promoted sides are capable of.