Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

28 minutes ago, rayk said:

Hopefully he’ll come good but he doesn’t rate up there with Louie Barry, Ben Chrisene or Sil Swinkels imo.

But yes, the recruiting for the academy does seem much more proactive.

I can't believe Sil Swinkels left the Rebo Band

• Haha 1

We aren't mentioned directly, but it stands to reason that we could be one of the clubs mentioned indirectly.

https://www.football-italia.net/157592/atalanta-roma-and-fulham-target-perin

There is a growing list of clubs interested in signing Juventus goalkeeper Mattia Perin, in Italy and England.

The shot-stopper spent the second half of the 2019-20 season on loan at Genoa, helping them to avoid relegation.

According to Tuttosport, his favoured destination would still be Atalanta, although so much depends on the status of current first choice Pierluigi Gollini.

The 27-year-old has also been linked with Roma, who are dropping Pau Lopez after a less than impressive campaign.

Fulham had already been mentioned as an option for Perin, but Tuttosport now maintains there are other Premier League sides ready to pounce too.

Given that Heaton has confirmed he won’t be available for the start of the coming season and that we must have told Reina we weren’t going to sign him (hence him going to Lazio)....we MUST be going after a keeper.

But if we assume a ST is going to be £30m+, a winger Is going to be £20m (probably x2) and a CM is going to be another £15m-£20m, it kinda only leaves £15m left if we go down the two wingers route.

Now that’s enough for a quality keeper but then it leaves nothing for FB strengthening......unless we go down the route of loans for one of the wingers and at least one FB.

It’s still 7 players if we go ST, wingers x2, Cm, GK and two FBs.

Thats quite a lot still for 6-8 weeks though?

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

Given that Heaton has confirmed he won’t be available for the start of the coming season and that we must have told Reina we weren’t going to sign him (hence him going to Lazio)....we MUST be going after a keeper.

But if we assume a ST is going to be £30m+, a winger Is going to be £20m (probably x2) and a CM is going to be another £15m-£20m, it kinda only leaves £15m left if we go down the two wingers route.

Now that’s enough for a quality keeper but then it leaves nothing for FB strengthening......unless we go down the route of loans for one of the wingers and at least one FB.

Given Heaton's injury record.I would go for a new no 1 keeper.

I suspect Steer will start the season though.

Edited by hippo

8 minutes ago, rayk said:

I'll be very surprised if we bring in as many as 7.

Will be very interesting to see what happens in the bonus EFL 11 days of the window.  If the main part remains pretty quiet there might be (and the likes of Brentford are probably hoping for) a mad rush.

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

Given Heaton's injury record.I would go for a new no 1 keeper.

I suspect Steer will start the season though.

Steer over Nyland?

But yeah, the signals are there that we’ll be going for a new no 1. I wasn’t too impressed by the Heaton signing last year, especially for £8m.....but I just hope getting a new no1 keeper doesn’t impact on our ability to get the other players we need in.....or should I say the right quality of player.

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

nyland vs sheff utd again...christ they are just going to be pumping balls into the box from 1st min aren't they

But don’t you think we’ll bring in a new keeper now Heaton has confirmed he’s not going to be fit for the start of the season?

I have a question for everyone...how many people want a two wingers in so that Jack can more to his preferred position of AM vs getting only one winger in, keeping Jack at LW but being able to upgrade both FB positions?

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

But don’t you think we’ll bring in a new keeper now Heaton has confirmed he’s not going to be fit for the start of the season?

i don't think it will be a priority, no. we have other keepers who are decent and other positions that are more urgent

6 minutes ago, rayk said:

And who reckons Bjorn Engels still has a chance or do we need another CB too? Personally I’d keep him for continuity purposes as much as anything.

i like him personally. but he's probably 4th choice now, will he want to hang around?