Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If we could only sign 4 players with £100m, which positions would you prioritise and who would you sign to fill these positions?

The whole frontline needs shaking up. So based on links.

Rashica

Tammy

Watkins

Based on the fact that I really like him as a player

James Ward-Prowse - although I realise it is entirely unrealistic.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

With these issues it feels a bit strange we just let Sarkic go without much fight as he'd have a real shot of starting the season if he stayed and we've seen before young keepers get given chances and do really well.

He must've been really hacked off we recalled him from loan in January.

He was out of contract and didn’t want to sign a new one, we hardly let him go and what fight could we put up? We never gave him and opportunity and then as you say there was the January window, hardly a surprise he has moved on.

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If we could only sign 4 players with £100m, which positions would you prioritise and who would you sign to fill these positions?

1. Striker (Edouard £30m)

2. Left winger/left attacker (Benhrama £22m)

3. Right winger/right sided attacker (Rashica £30m)

4. Centre midfielder (Eze £18m)

And

5. Loan for ‘keeper (not permanent)

I have absolutely no idea about those prices, btw, total guess work.

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I know this is hard to understand, but it is possible to form an opinion of a player after watching him. It may change when you watch him more and it may not. 

I don't have a rigid view on him at all. I simply gave my brief opinion on the matter based on what I've seen of him so far. I generally have no problems changing my view on matters when I see a reason too. 

The funny bit is that people can't accept this and try and invent stuff that's never has been said at all. Why is it a problem to you I find him similar to Kodjia? It's just an opinion. 

It's possible people have a different view on things, despite that a few here think their opinion has to be the opinion of everyone else. 

The real headscratcher here is that this has to be explained. 

Yeah it’s possible to have different views on things and all that is hunky dory.

The problem I would say is that you then use this brief and ill informed opinion of Edouard to have a debate about the merits of the SPL  vs the Championship and throw out a comparison re Kodjia.

if I were you I would ask myself the following questions:

(A) Has anyone agreed with me that Edouard doesn’t have the pace for counter attacking football? 

and

(B) Has anyone else agreed with me that Edouard is similar to Kodjia?

Then think about whether all your bickering was really worth it.....

think sesame street GIF

Edited by rayk

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He was out of contract and didn’t want to sign a new one, we hardly let him go and what fight could we put up? We never gave him and opportunity and then as you say there was the January window, hardly a surprise he has moved on.

Well he obviously felt here he wouldn't have a fair cack of number one spot so moved on, time will tell if that's more likely to be the case at Wolves.

We could've said we're desperate to get rid of Nyland, Kalinic and Reina (when he left Reina was on the bench) and Steer and Heaton probably won't make start of the season so number one chance is there for you and up to you to make something of it. And when Heaton is fit again he goes back to number 2 position.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Well he obviously felt here he wouldn't have a fair cack of number one spot so moved on, time will tell if that's more likely to be the case at Wolves.

We could've said we're desperate to get rid of Nyland, Kalinic and Reina (when he left Reina was on the bench) and Steer and Heaton probably won't make start of the season so number one chance is there for you and up to you to make something of it. And when Heaton is fit again he goes back to number 2 position.

And you know we didn’t? I’m not saying we did or didn’t I’m just saying I’m not sure there is a basis to say we should/could have done more this summer to keep him.

On the Ramsdale transfer rumour, irrespective of what you think of him as a player has any ‘last minute’ hijacking of a transfer ever really worked out? I’m sure there must be but I really can’t remember the last one?

Even more so when the player concerned has a connection with the club that want to re-sign him?

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I'd take a chance on Edouard. Generally the key players who move on from Celtic do very well (Wanyama, Van Dijk, Tierney and Moussa Dembele at Lyon). Would rather him than Morelos who was terrible yesterday.

Absolutely.

I mean to compare Edouard to Kodjia is one thing.

But to compare Celtic as effectively worse than Brentford is another thing.

Personally I worry miles more about Watkins being the next Scott Hogan than I do Edouard.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Maybe our coaching/ management staff thought he's crack too and let him go.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rayk said:

On the Ramsdale transfer rumour, irrespective of what you think of him as a player has any ‘last minute’ hijacking of a transfer ever really worked out? I’m sure there must be but I really can’t remember the last one?

Even more so when the player concerned has a connection with the club that want to re-sign him?

No.

And in general you don't just bunk £18m on a whim. So I think the link is a load of tosh tbh.

7 minutes ago, rayk said:

Joe Bryan to Fulham instead of us is the last one I can think of off the top of my head!

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

1. Striker (Edouard £30m) Patson Daka 

2. Left winger/left attacker (Benhrama £22m)

Noah Okafor

3. Right winger/right sided attacker (Rashica £30m) agree

4. Centre midfielder (Eze £18m) baptise Santamaria

And

5. Loan for ‘keeper (not permanent) I don't know of any decent keepers except the obvious ones

I have absolutely no idea about those prices, btw, total guess work.

I just used your post as a template. Plus I don't want us to get rid of anyone unless they are totally out of the picture i.e Lansbury, Kalinic etc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rayk said:

Willian was in the verge of signing for spurs for Chelski came in last min.... Not sure 

Can't remember a Villa one 🤔

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

And you know we didn’t? I’m not saying we did or didn’t I’m just saying I’m not sure there is a basis to say we should/could have done more this summer to keep him.

Just would've been amazed if he'd left us if we'd presented that scenario to him. He isn't starting ahead of Patrico for Wolves anytime soon.

I reckon it was more a case of "well we'll monitor your levels in training and maybe loan you out in January and have a chat again in 12 months" and he decided he wanted more than that at this point in his career.

• Like 1